Livestream Preview: Teen Titans & Augments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 5, 2018.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

PM via forum.
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not sure if i missed it....but what will become of the Total Recovery kits I have and the mountains of Exobytes I have stored up? Just trash or some salvage value?

For the record, not a fan as it's just more stuff to accumulate, just like Nth Metal. How about some content vs styles and ways to 'improve' my toon that just means more grinding and less entertainment?

Reinheld
  3. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Use the recovery kits to remove all the exobytes and use the exobytes as material for the augments. As for grinding and stuff building up, you aren't going to have to worry about that to much.
  4. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Wonder how many people will get that?
    • Like x 1
  5. DCUO Addict Committed Player

The TRK will automatically be converted to XP boosters for augments. Mepps recommended keeping them to use as boosters as opposed to using them before the game update. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...m-questions-thread.297360/page-5#post-4151576
  6. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Kinda excited to see the titan time capsule
  7. Dr Miami New Player

Lower-tiered players need to do work, this all looks like more paywall prep. I'm not saying the systems team should punish new players at all, the game should be additive vs subtractive, but rewarding the old players that worked hard should have pluses, and not just one plus revolving around cr. There should be a replacement for each NJ mod in my inventory/generator that is more beneficial than each tier of mods below it, and then substantially better than if someone who was lazy, made zero mods, and got to the 230s. There is no way someone that created a toon last week should be able to dump $ into gear capsules & quark it up, hit 237 by the 17th and get the same augments as people who ground them out for 2+ years. ijs you should compensate us more if we made more.
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

9. Dr Miami New Player

----- hundred thousand likes
    • Like x 2
  10. Batrederik Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Tradable and sellable. They're not account bound. The exobytes (except the golden ones) are tradable (open) but not sellable. I haven't played any instances, so I don't know about the catalysts for the Adaptive Augments (the 2 episode specific ones).
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Thanks. That makes me feel a little better.

Ugh...looks like I might get that gathering feat after all.

Reinheld
  13. Dr Miami New Player

SLOW DOWN with augments. They're just not ready. What I see in the test server threads is a lot of concern from the people that diligently followed you down the modding path, and currently, it's non-answer replies ("but trust us, we're working on it") that demonstrate that very few people have given any consideration to the second role or pvp builds. Go look if you think I'm wrong.

The solution isn't to throw 8 golden exobytes at everyone who got to the 230s. it's not 12, either. Many of us ground and modded out three full builds for AF3, for SF, for E3/Atlantean, and giving everyone the same augments isn't leveling the field, it's punishing us the hardest. I don't know what the solution is, but it sounds like DB doesn't know either. If there isn't a way to have people convert mods for the new augment exobytes, then go back to the drawing board until you can (you're smart guys/girls, you can come up with better non-blanket solutions that are equitable and leave nobody out). If someone accidentally overlevels an augment, there's no fix, and that's a problem that only time and revision can solve instead of a system that's ethereal and undoable. There is nothing to lose by slowing down, and everything to lose if another wave of endgame players exits the game.

I'm just as excited to play new episode content and to get going with augments. I can't post in test server threads, even though I'm more experienced in 3d modeling, animation, and game design than 99% of the people I see in the discussions and on Daybreak's payroll. rethink, revise, roll it out in august like you should have (or with the following GU), nobody will fault you for that.
  14. StealthBlue Loyal Player

If you want server downtime to last over a day (possibly even 2 days) while they run a db query to find out who has what mods on how many pieces of gear/in their inventory, and give them equivalent to just that, I think you are in the minority. I don't think we've had a DB query that would be this intensive, and we've had game updates take over half a day. Sure people that don't currently mod come out ahead the most, but in a few episodes there will be differences between people that keep up their augments and people that don't. Remember, each episode is going to have its own set of adaptive augments (with breakthroughs) to level up on top of increased caps for the origin augments.

Existing mods that aren't in your gear when the game update goes live will be worth 20 xp (if there aren't changes), just like every other obsolete R&D component. But with enough feedback, you may be able to get them to raise that amount (since it seems wrong that 20 simple material would be worth 400xp but a mod that takes 20 simple material to make will only be worth 20xp). I've mentioned this elsewhere, but the dropped gear from the episode will give at least 3800 xp when salvaged. So if you play alot, you can get other augments up faster. The exos from salvaging can also be traded, so you can also buy them on the broker.

If you over level an augment, you just have a head start when the next episode comes out. So there isn't really much of an issue there...
  15. Dr Miami New Player

query = straw man.
    This rollout is not ready.

I realize concerns shoudn't be brought up without posing solutions, and Im not claiming it to be the best, but there are several good solutions on the test/augments thread. Simply, a kit that grants xp based on which tier mods you've created, much like the revamp kits did with slight adjustment. The roadmap is there, doubling down on a flawed softlaunch for expedience isn't.

1 * SF Mod = X xp
    1 * NJ Mod = Y xp

1 * SF Generator Mod = Y xp
    1 * Goons Generator Mod = Z xp
    1 * Atlantean Generator Mod = AA xp

Anything less than SF mods has already been compensated for at revamp, but unused revamp kits that people held on to grant a set (8) * X xp
  16. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

You're a wiser man than many, if you just stick with what you know.
  17. Bo Zombie New Player

I'm hoping someone from the dev teams reads this... I had to create a daybreak account in order to post on the forums b/c I get error code 46 every time I try to login via my XB GT.

Anyways... I was hoping to create a new thread about this, but will there be a rare item to chase in the elite raids (e.g. man bat henchman trinket or ultra-kryptonian cape)? The elite raids in deluge were fine, but there wasn't much reason to continue running them once you had your renown b/c there was nothing special about it. A lot of people in our league have been running Pan E & GCZ E way more than any of the newer elite raids.
  18. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Gathering just got more appealing -
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?posts/4153676/
  19. Krossssss Well-Known Player

true was young justice but still would be a good add at some point ;)
    From what ive seen Titans new episode looks awesome
  20. MaggRedd New Player

I may have looked over it, what is going to be the min CR to get into the TT episode? My main is at 236, but working on grinding my Alt up, so just curious.