Prestige Update: Numbers and Expectations

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Zinbik, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dezaras Loyal Player

My weekly prestige count has been zero for a while, yet my total prestige count still increases...
    • Like x 2
  2. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I could write a big long post about how this is shafting smaller leagues but it's so obvious I don't know how some people can't see it. Smh
    • Like x 4
  3. Omega Boy Committed Player

It sounds good on paper, but I'm still skeptical. I hope you guys will monitor the situation and continue to make adjustments as necessary.

My league seems to be right around the average size and has its share of over active players so I don't anticipate an immediate problem until T7. If T7 starts with small group content, everyone will be running duos/solos for progression and running raids for prestige. Or towards the end of a DLCs run, people may start to get bored and play less.

Also this seems to be the only aspect of the game that people can't overgear. Paying for mainframe boosts gets easier over time as does every instance (PvP gets easier with practice) so even if it seems hard to accomplish at first at least you can look forward to it being easier next time. This grind will never get easier. In fact it will only get harder as your cr increases. I could see people falling short of their goals giving up altogether.
  4. KN1TE Dedicated Player

"Tanks" for the responses. I got 3! LOL! Totally forgot about resets.
  5. ddidderr Well-Known Player

Prestige Cap:

Me and a lot of league mates think it is too low. I mean you can activate your league buffs and that's it. When do you have enough prestige to activate statues, bank slots... without relinquishing some league buffs?
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

That's by design. You can't have it all, you have to make choices. We've been concentrating on getting statues (done!) and bank space (so, so far away...damn ramp up costs) while maintaining just a few buffs. We're knocking everything out WITHOUT the buffs. The buffs are just a little lagniappe.

Sounds more like a personal failing than something the devs can program for. Sometimes people set unreasonable goals. Adjust and go forward. There is such a pervasive attitude on the forums regarding prestige...everything should be handed to everyone regardless of effort. It's frustrating.

If more people work toward a single goal, why WOULDN'T it be easier to achieve? If we're playing tug o' war, and I have fifteen friends on my team, and you have two...guess what? We're probably going to pull it out. Gimping my group because you don't want to play with others is on you. We already have a hard cap to hold us back from running up the score.

Before I'm accused of being a megagroup, we certainly are not. Our active roster is 15-20 at most, with 10-12 on during prime time. If you consider that to be a big league, again...that's on you. You need some perspective.

Note, the "you" I'm using is in general, to all of the people complaining about how this is hurting small leagues even though I'm only quoting a few.
  7. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Why can we have it all? Why does there need to be such a low cap? Is having to many statues and bank slots OP lol. Its your league hall you should be able to work toward what you want. If you want to grind for more stuff then you should be able to.... This whole prestige setup is messed up.

The few people that play in my league are very active but theres not a lot of us so in order for us to earn enough prestige for a few buffs we literally have to work triple time and replay stuff which isn't rite. If a few people cant earn enough from regular weekly game play then thats unacceptable. Not everyone has a giant league or wants to play DC like its a job just to keep a few buffs.
    • Like x 2
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

Work toward? Absolutely. Have it all? That's where we disagree. It's obtainable, with work and effort. More people = less work per individual. You might look into expanding your roster a little bit. 10-15 people is not a "giant" league. And by all means, don't treat the game like a job. Just don't expect to get all of the rewards that someone that DOES put in more time/effort gets.

Should a work-league softball team expect the same rewards as the Yankees?
  9. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Why should people be forced to expand their league if they don't want to? I prob play the game more then you but only having 3-4 players that play everyday makes it a bit tough to keep up with bigger leagues and thats the problem.

Why would you have a problem keeping it easier for small leagues to get prestige? I don't see what the big deal is..It would be nice if smaller leagues earned a bit more prestige to make it easier for them or they could just leave it alone.
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

I don't believe in participation trophies. You're not being forced to expand your league. You only have to expand the league or redouble your efforts IF YOU WANT the buffs. Choices. Can't have your cake and eat it too. Are you jealous of there being 8-man content because you only have 3-4 people? Should we eliminate the raids because you can't field a team? Can't have "small leagues" falling behind, right? Maybe you guys should get double loot drops too, right?
  11. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

lol We have enough people for a raid but they all don't play as hardcore as our main 4, but never mind you just don't get it...

And wow your pretty arrogant lol. way to care about the rest of the community. Just cause it doesn't affect you doesn't mean everyone is ok with it.
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

All I ask is that the devs release the hod/wt prestige stuff a day or 2 early, so the leagues who don't have a LH yet can take full advantage of the gesr we have been stockpiling
    • Like x 3
  13. Mick Nugget New Player

This.

If the dev's stated position were true, then league attainment/maintenence would be based on a sliding scale, not simply based on league size. Why?

Because Large league equals less *required* effort. Those who put more into this game are currently doomed to get way, way less out of it than those that put in less, simply because they are in a larger league. The opposite of the dev's stated intentions is what we are getting.

Changing the wording, adding details and rebranding the exact same product does nothing for anyone, except maybe make us realize that no matter what we do or say the devs will not listen to reason.

I do not accept this at all because it is morally wrong to pull the rug out from under leauges that dont have league halls yet... Leagues that already have halls got to demat to their hearts content and for *1000 percent* more than the small struggling leagues will get to. Those are the facts.

I know it will happen anyway.

but I completely reject this unfair devaluation of the currency I worked so hard to earn and keep in my inventory based on the promise that it would be worth ten times more than it will be when the update hits me.
    • Like x 2
  14. ErnieB Loyal Player

I can tell you this, a lot of smaller, but far better leagues than the big ones you see every day will probably disband if they don't chose to become bigger, because fact is, even though you "friend" there doesn't seem to see it, those buff actually are important as they affect every member of a league, and the problem is that a member that barely plays 1 hour a day, will still have the same buffs as all the others that played more, but also have an advantage over the small league 10 hour a day player that no matter what he does, the chances of reaching the level of the bigger league are too far apart.
    • Like x 2
  15. Sir Arcanium New Player

I was curious what the diminished return math was exactly? My league has never hit that cap and I wondered if it was a flat rate for everything over the soft cap, or some kind of escalating math? What is the overall prestige you would have to earn in a week to hit the hard cap? I heard some where that it was around 100k over all prestige (with about 20k of it being wasted on the penalty) but I would like some kind of official response.
  16. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I think the way it is now is fine. Smaller leagues are still able to get a few buffs to stay competitive with the bigger leagues, but in turn the bigger leagues can still earn more which is perfectly fine. It just sounds to me like some people with bigger leagues are turning into big league elitests lol. It seems they just want to put down the small guys for some reason. Maybe so they can have a edge over them and feel special.
  17. ErnieB Loyal Player

as it is on live right now, and this are aprox numbers because I can't remember the exact amount, but it's about 61k for soft cap, 81k for hard cap (pretty much everything gives you 1 point by then, and instances loose more than 3/4 it's normal amount). But hey with the new system, chances are you will never hit either cap anyway lol.
  18. ErnieB Loyal Player

lol I've seen a few actually promote how many prof's they have active on their league while recruiting on chat
    • Like x 1
  19. Sir Arcanium New Player

One thing I would love to see is removing of the tier system to earning prestige. As it stands in GU40 donations are next to useless, which means running lower tier content is next to useless. Those marks of triumph won't get you any real prestige any more. That's fine now in T6 with 3 alerts, two duo's, two solo's and 3 raids. But what about future updates? Tier 7 when it comes out will probably only have a handful of content just like T6 did on the first DLC.

This means to earn full prestige you'll be limited to one or two alerts and who knows how many duo's, challenges and raids. You might have one or none of those to do in a week. Everything else will give you diminishing returns. Plus the issue of T6 content being a huge time sink with enemies with too much HP, even with 94 gear. Means your average T6 alert or raid takes far more time to complete than any other tier. If T7 continues this trend honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2 hour long alert, on one boss.
    • Like x 1
  20. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Let me say this to you...does a smaller league being able to earn a few buffs affect you and your league at all.....NO, so why hate on smaller leagues. Say that smaller league plays just as much as you or even more, don't you think they deserve a reward. After all they put in the same time you did.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.