Prestige Confusion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Loche, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6000Degree New Player

So we are in T6, but in band 5, and bosses in T5 are band 4...
    That's awkward.
    Why, instead of adding all this banding, couldn't be used numbers we already use?

All bosses Tier tells their prestige "band", so T5 bosses are T5, no need to check their CR.
    Players are divided upon minimum cr to start tier, so if I can access T6 solo (99 CR), I am T6.

Then change Prestige to 50% for 1 Tier less, 25% for 2 Tier less, 10% for 1 Tier less, 1 Prestige for anything lesser, fix iconics prestige by ignoring Tier reduction, fix dox and pbg and other prestige bugs, as others stated, and we are settled.

We already have this tiered system in place for things like promethium lockboxes marks, and it would have been natural to extend it to prestige.

P.S. Lockboxes should award prestige too now.
    • Like x 3
  2. Legion_of_One Well-Known Player

I copied my post from another thread at the request of another forumite, and have since looked at some of the information provided here:

My CR 42 friend ran the T1 Gotham U duo with me tonight. I was on a CR 46, and was curious to see what I'd get, since T1 Grodd awarded us each 84 last night and I was on a CR55. But, Isis only awarded the two of us 21 Prestige each. So, what the hell? CR 42 is NOT T2; the T2 content is locked for him. We also ran the T5 Cathedral duo, and our 90-somethings each got 84.

Since no breakdown was posted with the update, it appears that there is no increase in Prestige from T1 to T5 as long as the format is Duo. Why a CR42 got only 21 for an at-par boss is still a mystery to me.

Now:
    The bands system is plainly unfair unless you unlock the tiered content based on your new bands ranges. Otherwise, you have players in limbo, unable to benefit fully from the content they have access to and unable to access the content that would be awarding them full Prestige if they had access to it.

Frankly, I'm just deflated by the prestige system and the massive 100K barrier to acquiring a league hall. Why not have offered halls of increasing size for different amounts to take into consideration that there are league rosters on the bottom half of the average you calculated, some very small indeed, or, always the great equalizer, put them up on the marketplace for league leaders to buy? Small leagues will be slogging away for months before they will be able to afford a hall.
    • Like x 2
  3. GammaGreenLantern New Player

Some more concerns for the devs....

1) Shouldn't the cost of prestige items (league halls, proficiencies, statues, etc) be scaled to the number of members in a league. For example a league with 50 members should only have to pay around 50% of what a league with 500 members...it only makes sense...

2) The current prestige system HEAVILY and I mean HEAVILY favors lower tiered players over end game users. I mean I know this game has been catering to casuals as of late but this is blatantly favoring new players that are probably premium, over long time subbers that have played for years. Seriously?

3) You devs release a major update that has wrecked the game consistently since release, and the update that caused so much trouble for us players, is completely glitchy and doesn't work properly in the slightest. Leagues deserve to be compensated prestige wise for your mess ups....

It is very unfortunate that because you guys released a majorly flawed UD, some leagues were able to play and earn prestige in the short time the world was up the first day (before the weekly prestige cap reset) but other leagues could not log on because the world was down when they actually had the chance to play Wednesday..

By doing this you have allowed the bigger/luckier leagues that actually had the chance to play the first day, to be able to purchase a league hall while smaller or unfortunate leagues have to suffer because of the many mistakes you made this GU..

Destiny is starting to look better every day...
    • Like x 4
  4. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Everything here is from my perspective as a CR106 player.

Bugs:
    • T3 Duo - Cape carmine Lighthouse - only gives 7 prestige instead of the 8 it should
    • T3 Duo - Old Gotham Subway - only gives 7 prestige instead of the 8 it should
    • T5 Raid - Paradox Wave - not awarding any prestige
    • T4 Raid - Prime Battleground - not awarding any prestige
    • T4 Alert - Inner Sanctum - awards 76 prestige instead of the 51 it should
    • T3 Raid - FoS Sunstone Matrix - awarding triple prestige
    Also ran A&B today, very happy to see at least one change that fully benefits a player at the current max CR.
    • Like x 2
  5. Sbel Devoted Player

Cr 52 Villain received 18 prestige for 8th Precinct
  6. tukuan Devoted Player

To be sure there are some that seem glitched for not giving enough and in some cases perhaps too much. I didn't put the notes in to say anyone was incorrect in noting a mistake but more to just give people a sense of if there was an inconsistency.

In your case it may have been after the server reset. Before I tested the theory that a 100Cr toon could run T5 at face value and found I was getting the 25% of base rate. Today after the reset I ran Bizarro and got full value so at least for me on USPC it seems to be working as described in the dev discussion thread.

That said I know some instances still seem to be out of wack.
    • Like x 1
  7. Sbel Devoted Player

Cr 52 Villain: each T1 solo gave 18 prestige.
  8. SkullGang Devoted Player

Please add a donation box to the WT since you have decreased the value of Mof and Mov. It made sense for us to wait for our League Hall before but now it doesn't especially with the way T6 are screwed in earning prestige.
    • Like x 6
  9. luis miguel conde campos New Player

I have one question: Buying styles such as the hive defender set (6200 prestige) does that counts for prestige or it only counts on the donation box?
  10. Shad0wReap3r Committed Player

Please fix A/B for villains on US PS as well. I believe it is the only T5 raid with bosses at a high enough CR for full prestige(not sure as I haven't been able to run it since the hotfix). Villains are US PS atm at top tier are at an even greater disadvantage than other servers and the heroes and it would be nice to have the opportunity to run a raid at full prestige value.
    • Like x 1
  11. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

I wasn't implying anything as well Tuk. I was just adding my 2 cents. As always you are informative.
  12. SkullGang Devoted Player

Was that triple the max amount or triple the amount you are meant to get at a T6CR ?
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Inner Sanctum alert is being treated as a raid, I believe.

Thanks for confirming that Sunstone Matrix awards 3x prestige. I thought I was nuts, and I didn't want to use replays to test; I'm against supporting prestige with replays until they fix the system.

It is triple whatever you would get for it based on your CR. I had a CR 64 run it and received 915 prestige. It was sweet! With all the prestige bugs not in our favor, I didn't mind that one being in our favor. People will exploit it now, though. :(
  14. MidnightTiger Well-Known Player

I have a minor question:
    If I'm loot locked from, let's say FOS 3, do I not get any prestige from it either?
    (Meaning can I do FOS 3 5x and still get prestige from all 5 times?)
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Loot locking applies to prestige, too. It's basically considered currency similar to marks.
    • Like x 1
  16. inferno Loyal Player

Thank goodness, I thought I was going nuts trying to figure out Zinbik's bands. Am I correct to assume that a toon with cr 54, which falls into Band 1, going into a t1 solo (whose boss is cr35 which is also BAnd 1) should get no penalty and be able to receive the full 73 prestige?
  17. QuagmirePrime Well-Known Player

Bands are an unnecessary complication. At various CR's, players do not have equal access to content for prestige generation. At present, progression and prestige generation are contradictory. I am better off keeping toons at T5. This would happen at the beginning of every tier because of the bands.

I posted this earlier in Zinbik's thread but I feel it is worth repeating here.

If we must compare our CR to the final boss CR, let's make it a simple fixed range.
    • A CR difference of 0-20 should give 100% prestige
    • A CR difference of 21-40 should give 25% prestige
    • A CR difference of 41-60 should give 10% prestige
    • A difference greater than 60 gives 0 prestige
    So a player with CR 106 would get full prestige for bosses down to CR 86, 25% prestige for bosses CR 66-85, and 10% prestige for bosses CR 46-65. We already have the soft and hard caps for total prestige so I think this is a fair system for everyone.

Forget the "Bands", just use our CR's.
    • Like x 3
  18. Patm82 Well-Known Player

This whole thing is just stupid and broke, waited long time for league halls, now there here this whole prestige crap is dump, ps is still broke after like 5 shutdowns, sorry this is just embarrassing
    • Like x 1
  19. ghostwalkerjack New Player

i was wondering if someone can explain exactly how prestige is calculated.

i am a t6 player and if me and another t6 player go into a t1 raid like khandaq with 6 t1 league
    members will they get lower prestige as well or just us.
    theoretically could i and another t6 player go in with 6 t1/t2 league members and run through
    all there availalbe raids/alerts for easy prestige,
    is it based on individual cr, or is it based on groups average cr?

if so, our league has lots of low level alts that we could level up and earn fast prestige with ;)
  20. Ebon Angel New Player

Our league is doing an assessment of just basic awarding of prestige and we have members with full bases, generators and amenities who never got prestige for entering their base on Wednesday or Thursday.

How is this prestige determined?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.