Prestige Confusion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Loche, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loche Developer

Hello Everyone

We have been reading all the posts about the amount of prestige being awarded. Some people are seeing less than they should, some are seeing more. A lot of it boils down to what CR band you are in and what CR band the boss you fought is in. We are looking into everything, and I will keep you posted.

Please feel free to use this thread as a place to mention any bugs you are having.
    • Like x 3
  2. TrueOlympus New Player

I was cr 105 and fought Circe in the Trigon's Prison ( T5 Alert). I only got 50 prestige. Is that intended?

I was cr 95 and and finished Veng (T4 raid) and got 100% of the marks. Is that intended?
  3. Sbel Devoted Player

The T6 Iconic Solos only give 7 prestige.
    • Like x 7
  4. Skidmarc Committed Player

Dox and Prime are not awarding
    • Like x 8
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Last time I was on, I -- CR 106 -- did, among other instances, the Solo Star Labs Challenge (T4), and the Iconic Solo Circe instance (T6), and both times received Prestige of 7.

That doesn't seem at all right.
    • Like x 5
  6. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Well your not getting anything from paradox and prime and the iconic solos are just give the pvp amount of prestige.
    • Like x 1
  7. tukuan Devoted Player

Just to give you a baseline from the Dev Discussion thread: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...otfix-prestige-fixes-and-explanations.214306/

I've snipped out the non-instance parts so if you want that information check out the thread.

• Like x 1
  8. hoaxone Committed Player

This whole band thing is silly.
    If ur 106...plain and simple.make T5+ instances reward full prestige since we don't have much to do.easy
    Make the cap for the tiers exactly the cr u could reach before new tier.easy
    Right now,ur forced to run certain things...and that's just dumb.find something better!
    And the b.s the PS servers have right now and the broke prestige system..the constant issues with your game and psn....getting reallllllllly annoying.but props to those PC guys for being the first league with a hall..yay!
    • Like x 6
  9. sadystic New Player

I'm fine with the band system. I get it. It's dumb honestly but I get it. What I don't understand is as a cr 105 I have 5 that's right FIVE instances I can runfor full prestige in tier 6. 1 alert 2 duos 2 solos. WHY THE HELL ARE THE SOLOS ONLY GIVING ME 7 PRESTIGE? I earn more prestige doing t5 trigon than a t6 solo? IT MAKES NO SENSE
    • Like x 2
  10. MattTheViolator New Player

Vork is the man!!!!!
  11. sadystic New Player

ALSO a simple EASILY IMPLEMENTED fix for top tier players to effectively support their leagues is THREE band percentages. -1 50% -2 25% -3 10%. How is it you all get paid to make this and can't see these easy simple solutions??
    • Like x 1
  12. Ebon Angel New Player

We just did Nexus. Full league. CR ranged from 103-106. T6 people got different amounts, 206, 76, 51. This is a huge discrepancy.
    • Like x 5
  13. Draphin New Player

I was asked to post this here in hopes of making thing seem a little less confusing also note my experiment was done after the hot fix where as before the hot fix I too was only getting 7p for the Iconic Solo. This means they fixed what they wanted to but in our eyes it is still broken. Especially considering that with the use of the Odyssey CR Calculator. I figure you go from CR 102 (top of Band 4) to 105 by simply having full 92 gear with Synth V expert mods minus 3 mods (I left out the Head, Chest, and Legs) so Ideally if you wanted you could remove some mods from your equipment to drop down a band and get full prestige but that's not the POINT!
    • Like x 1
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It's a small but symbolic thing, but I'd prefer that every instance get a minimum of 1 point of prestige so that we don't feel that doing that instance has been 100% pointless as regards prestige.

1 point compared to 0 points may seem like a meaningless distinction when League Halls cost 100,000 Prestige, but it's precisely the difference between X times 1 and 0 times 1.

It's the difference between saying "here's a token acknowledgement of your effort" versus "we care exactly zero about your effort."
    • Like x 6
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

That's at least partially because the band cut-off is CR 103, so people who are CR 103 are Band 5, not Band 6, but people who are CR 104=106 are Band 6.

Why there would be three different rewards versus two if CR 103 was the minimum in your group, though, I have no idea other than that the hotfix hasn't been made yet.
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This won't work because Prestige is calculated from your CR, not what gear you choose to wear. Go naked and you're still whatever CR your CR is as regards Prestige.
    • Like x 2
  17. arcfussion Well-Known Player

My problem with the whole hotfix for PSN is that for my 4 toons it's completely broken . I have 1 toon T6 (ArcFussion 106 ) and 3 toons from cr 94 to 99 ( 2 heroes 1 villian) that aren't getting prestige points for missions below T6 at all.ArcFussion only gets points from doing T6 missions. Several in my league are having similar problems . Not sure if its all on PS4 or on PS3 as well.Let me add that they did get their prestige for visiting their bases and that's all they got . Nothing from missions .
  18. sadystic New Player

That's. wrong. Band 4 starts at 89cr to 102cr band 5 starts at 103cr to 114cr band 6 starts at 115cr and encompasses everything above 115. Hope that cleared it up for ya.
    • Like x 2
  19. Static Effusion New Player

Prime & Paradox doesn't reward any prestige?....
    • Like x 1
  20. Ebon Angel New Player

Just ran prime. I person got 7 - CR104. The other 104 and 106s got nothing.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.