Plz Help me Understand: Future Stat Clamping Old Content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Magician, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Exactly correct.
    • Like x 1
  2. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Doesn't matter there too many other barriers for solo play. The grind to come back is more than I want. Even the collection feats are ridiculous. I've been using 3 accounts to earn source marks for the vendor collections, but the broker is nuts as well. I guess they only drop in raids or old time capsules? Bounties aren't worth arguing over either. I have the skill do them or I don't, but the intention is for them to be groups.
    • Like x 2
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

True, investment companies (holding companies, Venture Capitalist firms's, etc) typically invest in people first which means that when they pull the trigger on a capital investment they are putting faith and trust in the people who they've determined to have been making good decisions to continue making good decisions. HOWEVER, it's also true that every so often, those decision makers get reminded who is paying the bills. Some HC's and VC's are more passive while some are more active but it is true for all that they don't just make investments, they also protect them.
  4. Proxystar #Perception

To be fair that's the nature of an MMO, some content (well in fact a massive wealth of it) can be completed solo, but eventually some of it you're going to need friends to do, that's the nature of an MMO, it's not all single player and that's clearly its intent from the outset.

as for 'collection feats' if you're referring to time capsule stuff, while we're all literally in the same crap shoot for that, but what I would say is that at the very least continuing to play as much source mark content as you can, while subscribing is going to ultimately give you the best chance to complete these by converting your source marks and daily login rewards to quarks, so that you can buy the rewards and get the feats.
    • Like x 1
  5. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I actually mean the collections for the episodes that cost marks to finish. Even if buy the vendor pieces for around 800 marks, the rest of the collections are going to be close to a couple billion in the broker. Treasures of Olympus, Relics of the Underworld and Remnants of the Minotaur in AF3 for example. All the episodes seem to have this grind on top of marks for artifact catalysts & gear set feats. Add to that, the augment system. It's all just too much. They got 80 Canadian dollars out of me in the last 4 months or so and I feel like it's been a waste of time. :D
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Oh you mean the omnipotence collections, for the old gear, absolutely yeah I mean those are also terrible, they're a broker money spinner for sure, given people farm them specifically to make money, so although I'm hesitant to suggest making them more readily available I'm also open to the idea that perhaps in time they should be, those ones were always terrible, hence why omnipotence gear is now handled differently.

On the bright side though actually, the no loot locks in old content, probably does already make it way easier to now obtain these, because at least you can keep running and trying without having to wait for daily/weekly lockouts, so really they've actually already made a positive change in your direction.
    • Like x 2
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It can be a lot. Just today I completed the Devices of Degaton collection and it cost me about $300M and 275 source marks. Considering that that feat got me my 614th skill point, obviously I felt like there were 613sp worth of feats that were better investments of time and/or resources, lol.
    • Like x 2
  8. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Again, though it's not in duos or solo play, correct? Or am I missing something? I have the gear luck feats for AF3, AoJ , RwC, but collections aren't dropping for me in open world, solos or duos.
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Certain collections are in different places, generally speaking the hardest collections to get are either open world or small content (solos, duos and alerts), the raid ones are generally more inexpensive anyway, so if you're really not keen on raiding I'd focus on buying those raid ones now (there's probably lists somewhere) and then when the changes come in just keep running the small content as much as time permits.
    • Like x 2
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

For whatever it's worth, my characters are generally in that content range (AoJ to Earth 3, to be precise) and no you won't see the OP item collections from the open world. However, if you have one of the feats that allows you a chance to get those collection pieces, they can drop from the reward boxes on certain missions. So the box that comes from, say, the Cyborg mission in Earth 3 open world Gotham has a chance to give you one of those pieces.

It's not an "every time" kind of thing, but I have seen it happening in all that content (AF3 to Earth 3). So the daily missions that have reward boxes and the weekly missions (take down X number of mobs in open world) are your best bets for getting those through open world.
    • Like x 2
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Oh yeah some of these old ones you need feats for first before they started dropping right.. yeah that was always a bit lame.

I know for certain though the rarer ones from RwC are definitely small content, because the only raid of course was ZOO, so if he is after the RwC ones I'd buy the ZOO ones off the broker now and then focus on small content later, the worst one is the one that comes from the alert and in fact the open world boxes there.

From memory it's somewhat similar even in AOJ, pretty sure those super rare ones are the two alerts, which are why people still run them, for the money :)
    • Like x 3
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

And now they'll get Marks for their troubles to boot. :)
    • Like x 2
  13. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

If you haven't tested.
    How do you know that bounties are not soloable?
    Please enlighten me with your grand all knowing wisdom.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

See, I think they will be doing them, just not as often as today. Pretty much at any time any day there is some phase doing WV or LLL bounties...if you can get in. M1/M2/BOP there are a few groups a week, so if you are on at the right time...you are good.

What you won't be able to do is on the days no one else is available...go down and solo them. DOS metro, Starro, Atlantis, Chaos Gotham, Titans Island, M1/M2, will all need to be done when you see them shouting in LFG...or you will need to build a group (that's my plan), but they will get done as they will now pay off with marks...and faster than running a clamped raid if you can build a group.

I'd actually think some of the older bounties will be popping off on Thrus/Friday weekly if you keep your eyes open. And I'd guess that on occasion some will get spammed still for people needing the count feats.

Now...CC bounties if Gotham/Metro go clamped (still not sure how this would work with 1-30 toons AND high levels at the same time), yeah I'd say get those knocked out because the source return won't be worth doing these often. 1 mark each vs 8 marks for Brine Hulk or Gizmo, I'd skip the CC's other than for the counts. If those 2 primary areas are still unclamped like on test, I'd say just get the 7 a day if you are working on count.

BTW...by the end of their respective DLCs, I was able to solo some of these in battle tank or battle heal setup. As Proxy said that might still be doable, but maybe not worth the time investment. It was barely worth it back then, so it was more just a 'lets see if I can' thing...not a regular occurance.
    • Like x 1
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Again, just as a 'for whatever it's worth" kind of thing, the "let's see if I can" line of thinking is part of what got me started in trying to solo Sub-Avatars. I was behind the curve enough that most everyone else had moved on from Battle for Earth content and I hated having the Sub-Avatar mission stuck in my journal.

After more than a little trial and error, I figured out how to pull off taking down the Meta and Magic Sub-Avatars solo (could never quite figure out the trick to surviving the Tech version, though) and eventually got to the point where I could pull it off on characters that could take the mission but wouldn't get any loot drops because their CR was too low.

No AM use. No overgeared characters, either. In fact I've always kind of underplayed my characters, and a character that couldn't get gear for the mission was definitely not a maxed character. LOL

I'm not saying it'll happen day one, or even in the first week as I'm sure most will be playing the new stuff or just trying to figure out what works best for them with all the changes. But given the determined/stubborn nature of parts of the playerbase and how some like to have bragging rights, I wouldn't be surprised to see folks soloing some open world bounties/bosses as a regular occurrence.
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I guess what my point was that with all these statements about 'you shouldn't be able to....' I was just saying that we were able to...at level, not OP or years later. If we are 100% unable to after the change, it's a bit off. Not saying everyone should be able to, but for those who want to try, it should not be off the table as 'verbotten'. Didn't try any solo bounties/world bosses on test other than CC bounties though, so I can't say if 'shouldn't' and 'cannot' are the same thing as of yet. Won't matter in a few days though....we'll see.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Reinheld, please for the love of all that is reasonable, break yourself free from the fear mongering nonsense emanating from Yass and Apollonia, who are this point, just feeding off each other in a misinformed circle jerk and trying to whip up anyone else that hasn't actually tested anything.

Neither of those two have tested any of the stat clamped content, they quite literally have ABSOLUTELY no idea, and I mean it, absolutely NO IDEA what they are talking about.

I have been on test and tested a whole heap of open world content including open world bounties and they're perfectly fine.

Some of them you cannot solo or moreso when I say that, it isn't that they're technically impossible to solo, it's that its ineffecient to do so, however some are more efficient than others.

The CC bounties are entirely solo-able, even in DPS role, some of the harder bounties are solo-able in Battle Spec roles, such as small Titan bounties like Gizmo, the JLD Pod, DOS metro and are loosely still quite efficient to farm.

Others however can STILL be solo'd while in Battle Spec role but are highly inefficient, like calc-bot, metal bounties, Shadow Golem, Giant Titan Robot, if you've got a lot of time to burn it's still achievable.

Others will never be solo-able, because they were never intended to even remotely be, like the world bosses in wonderverse and legion, they're simply different in terms of how they scale and operate even now.

But please dude, I've tested it, please listen to me rather than listening those others who really are just leading you astray in terms of the doom and gloom they're perpetuating through their irrational and quite frankly stupid misinformed posts.
    • Like x 4
  19. Proxystar #Perception

I've already tested it all on test and taken the time to do so, when I say it's do-able to solo the bounties, I actually demonstrably mean it, because I've done it :) even when it took me 20min+ to do so, because I wanted to check.

That is why I can so confidently say, this is fine and why I've changed my view on stat clamping given the way this is being applied. I didn't just change my mind for the sake of it :)
    • Like x 3
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 2