Pick Which Legends Batman Skin We Make Next! Vote Now!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

I voted for 52. They admitted they missed the 75 for superman. In the spirit of the upcoming Superman vs Batman movie maybe they can develop the superman black suit with long black hair after his resurrection. Just a thought.
    • Like x 1
  2. Zuse Loyal Player

new 52 i think it will be great
    • Like x 2
  3. Avian Dedicated Player

52 for sure. Troika reminds me of George Clooney as Batman and we all know how much those movies suck.
    • Like x 2
  4. Shadow Pirate New Player

52! 52! 52!
    • Like x 2
  5. LaughingRiot Well-Known Player

Troika. Look at that slick, awesome black cape.
  6. Mad9 New Player

Just voted 52.
    • Like x 2
  7. Mad9 New Player

I can't seem to vote again. How are you voting 10 times?
  8. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

9. King0964 New Player

Voted new 52 I've been waiting for that one. Now when will we get Shazam!!
    • Like x 2
  10. Joykiller Dedicated Player

Voted 52 as well. But, would have liked Frank Miller or Batman Beyond Batman (#1 & #2 from L to R).

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

They said they cant do Beyond because of the copyrights, also we dont know what second costume gonna look like, it could be anything.
    • Like x 1
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Just to be clear, we can and will easily sort out the duplicate votes from that first ~10 minutes.
    • Like x 8
  13. Gomezness New Player

idk, both seem equally as distinctive (that sounded a lot more happier in my head)... Ill go Troika because New 52 costume styles seems to be spamming in all DC games. Variety is the spice of life! <(^_^)>
    • Like x 2
  14. Joykiller Dedicated Player

I don't get what they mean when they hide behind copyright issues or conflicts; DC Comics publishes Batman Beyond comics and it is based off of their most well known IP ever - Batman. I'm quite certain DC Comics and/or Warner Brothers owns the Batman Beyond IP. If there is an issue, it's not because of copyrights (or, explain how they got Batman Beyond into the Batman: Arkham games...).
    • Like x 1
  15. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Vote for New 52 here! :D I love the look.

And, yes it has been used over-much lately but that's because it looks so awesome!! :)
    • Like x 2
  16. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Any hint on when will you reveal second Batman skin(the one that is already done)? ;)
    • Like x 1
  17. Little Sister New Player

I voted twice that first day, because I thought it didn't accept my vote. Please don't discredit my vote ! Thank you
  18. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

The biggest issue is that Batman Beyond was a TV show first (I think.) This means that, while DC may publish the comics, legally, they have no "rights" to it. They are more than likely licensing the characters from Fox. This is the other reason the new "Batman" (Gotham) TV show is on Fox. They own various rights to Batman and related characters. Next it the fact that DC is only a license partner in this game. Anything that DCUO puts out has to be ... for lack of a better term ... rented. This is why it took so long to get the lantern stuff and green aura in the game. Its very confusing, in this day and age, to determine where the copywrite lives. Especially for iconic heroes who have been sold and bought more times than one can count. Hope this helps.
    • Like x 4
  19. Joykiller Dedicated Player

I appreciate the effort, but think you're wrong. Fox does not own any DC/WB IP, regardless of where characters originated (note Harley Quinn and Mercy Graves both appeared on TV first as well). I understand the IP owner (DC/WB) may want to control which characters appear in this, and any other, DC Comics game, but rest assured, they do own all the IP related to Batman Beyond and could put him in this game if they saw fit. Same with the Green Aura, or anything else they've chosen to restrict (or temporarily restrict) from the game. It could be that SOE has to pay to license characters from WB/DC, but that would be weird I think.
    • Like x 1
  20. FirestormX5 New Player

we need more Superman Skins, and other heroes, not only batman in DC you know
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.