People Who Leave Duos Because of Support Role

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ryazan, Mar 20, 2020.

1. lieutenant Active Player

If you’re anywhere as good of a dps as you is, you wouldn’t complain about support roles or that it takes longer cuz guess what. It wouldn’t and shouldn’t most of y’all are just trash and don’t know you are. Because I’ve seen dps straight wreck **** and I’ve seen others not.
  2. dresserball Dedicated Player

I think you are wrong. Mostly because if another player puts out more damage as a dps role then support, the time would decrease for the duo.

If you have evidence to back up your statement, we can look at that.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's faster to plow with two than to carry one.
  4. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

Just switch role so the flames by your name instead of the shield. This will pacify most.
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

we would need to have duos that set themselves up according to the roles of the players entering the instance. mechanics that require a healer, controller or a tank would make those roles desirable in a duo.

~an undead boss fight where a healers heals are what actually does damage. dps needs to perform mechanc (run two crystal shards to help healer).

~controllers power dump drains boss of energy preventing build up to a strong attack.

~tanks needs to draw ads to specific stun pads that trap them. when all ads are trapped bosses shield goes down.

generally speaking if i can carry someone who needs it i do. I like making people contribute. dead weight gets dismissed. if i'm on a weak alt looking for a carry i won't. I might try. At this point i'm for what sets us up for success.
  6. Whodini Well-Known Player

While it's preferable to partner up with a 300cr DPS...I've had to switch to healer in the batscape duo several times because a 279 DPS has no sense of self preservation. Such is life.
    • Like x 2
  7. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

My only problem with running with support roles in duos and for that matter in event versions of episodes, in seasonals, in old episodes of content where a lot of endgame players can solo etc etc. Heck in most Alerts and Raids for the most part my main criticism is that if you que in as Support at least do some thing that is characteristic to your role. So many times I'll be trying to burn ADDs and I'll notice that the Support player won't be giving any shields or heals or aggroing the enemies or power replenishing or crowd controlling etc and then I'll realize oh right they're under that role stance but they don't have the role loadout. Because you know they're either very new or something. Which means they have terrible burn AND very squishy. So at that point you can expect to probably carry their butts to the loot drops after quite a few wipes or just leave instance and put them on ignore. At this point in the game I tend to do the latter cause it just not worth the headache
  8. RoBotkin Well-Known Player

[IMG]
  9. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Had it happen to me as heal, you know what I do? I keep going without them and just use bat trinket and henchman 1 after the other to get through the content quicker solo in duos.
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I can dps but water dps is trash at least might dpsing is with low artifacts and no league buffs. At least as a heal I know I can heal without league buffs or maxed artifacts.
  11. Mystyfy Level 30

I don't mind running duos with support roles. What I do mind is running duos with a support role who tries to focus solely on damage and completely neglects their role abilities.

Had a controller in one a few weeks ago who had absolutely no clue what to do in controller role apparently. No debuffs, no instant power, and had a very small fraction of the total damage by the end of it.
  12. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

frankly all I ask of anyone in a duo is they do something...if dps I want them nearly equal to me and if they heal then there should be a large healing number...maybe not even large...but a number there at least...larger than my heal number a dps I would hope