People said Crossplay was a good idea....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eternal Flame, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Derio 15000 Post Club

I have noticed an extreme amount of disconnects during high peak volume. Yesterday was a good example when random members of my raid group were getting booted from the game. Myself included. Also lag spikes that everyone was suffering from. However this morning when I log in they were gone.
    • Like x 1
  2. Miss Adora Loyal Player

worse thing I experienced so far was my chat froze. Then I tried to change character and couldn't. Then dced saying an issue with changing characters. But I was able to get back on. Maybe I did noticed some delay in powers but for the most part, not to much lag to the point it's unbearable.
  3. Eternal Flame Active Player

Theres more lag now then their was before crossplay.
  4. ArchelyMS Well-Known Player

They say that after updates after updates, and in future, they will say it again.
  5. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

I want to say I have been having no lag, but there has been some. Very little, but some. I get lag right after the server resets for about 5 minutes, but then it's gone. I'm n PC.

I have played in a lot of groups where the other players have had lag. Ran an alert the other day and the other 3 jokingly started blaming me for their lag cause I had none.
  6. DC Reaper Well-Known Player

better than the old days of freezing/ corrupted data
    • Like x 1
  7. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I was expecting LSOD to come back, but I've not seen one... I have seen plenty of characters load into a duo and sit still for 1 or 2 minutes. Then they walk up to the vendor npc and sit there for a minute or two. Nearly a LSOD for me. /ShakeFist@CrossFaction

I'm wondering are they afk, right after clicking the button to accept the instance??
    Why didn't they use the bathroom BEFORE Que'n up???
    Is there ISP that bad?? Are they on dial-up?? Are they one WiFi from their neighbor's apartment??
    Are they ever going to move and are expecting me to solo it??
    Should I leave?? Get penalty for leaving and grab a drink??
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Still happening. 5 minutes ago my entire raid group got booted out of PBR while loading to go to the final area.
  9. Munik New Player

For me personally, the game has been running the smoothest it has for weeks since the addition of crossplay and Episode 21. No lag, no dc-ing. I'm really enjoying the experience so far with the influx of new players and fresh faces. Groups are forming faster than ever. There was a little hostility at first but personally I feel like very few mean it sincerely and most are just playing around. Oh and not to mention the very noticeable speed up to queue up times for instances. Only negative comment I can make is my slight disappointment in the Epsiode itself. I was hoping for a little more, I guess you can say influence, from the show (Legends of tomorrow) itself and was a little sad to see another old map rehashed. But the way we infiltrate Stryker's through being disguised as inmates and having to break each other out and recover our gear I thought, was very creative and one of the coolest ideas ive seen in the 5 years of the game and not the mention the addition of The Atom (and I'm happy to see the classic version and not the "Arrowverse" IronMan ripoff version). To wrap it up I think the whole crossplay+Ep.21 experience has been a generally very good experience and has breathed some much needed life to such a great game. Can only look forward to what's to come (and what has been promised) in 2016.
  10. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Dude what lagg ? Been on for like 6 hours , not a one single lag HOWEVER R&D station is laggy as heckkkkkkkk
    • Like x 1
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Yeah, I always get slow broker / R&D performance in the watchtower, but i think that's because constant chat spam, people moving, and occasionally that one ******* idiot who keeps trying to duel you while you're in the ******* broker. Asshead.
  12. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Played today with a 20GB download running in the background and had no lag in open world, instance or at the R&D station (with a toon having 150+ plans). In fact, it "felt" like R&D even was faster than before crossplay. And I did expect lots of lag with crossplay (see my older posts LOL).
    • Like x 1
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

No technical issues.

Cultural issues, on the other hand....

Except that the lag on every transaction on the broker is a technical issue, one not formerly present on PC. I would really like to see this fixed. It's very annoying.
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Ditto. It's annoying enough to discouraging me from using the broker in the WT, which is inconvenient. Is there nothing that can be done about this? It's an entirely new thing in my experience on the pc servers.
    • Like x 2
  15. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

When you enter an area with high population, you have a good chance of seeing people there who are not fully spawned - some are just missing their hairstyle/head armor, but sometimes you see a grey placeholder shadow/ghost like appearance of a standard body form with absolutely no style detail, not even the skin or the correct body type displayed.

Devs could offer an option for both PC and PS3 to turn off rendering of other players (the non-hostile options just removes their marker from the minimap, they still get fully displayed) in open world to minimize load bandwidth, keeping them in the ghost form until you inspect them. Of course, other players would feel offended as you wouldn't notice them showing off their new show-off-aura and their new show-off-styles. Can be done for sure, but is probably unwanted ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. FrostedFlakes Level 30

Pff its expected its only been the first week theres some kinks to work out
  17. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

Before and after cross play I see and feel no effects of this so called LAG I play on the PS4 and everything is perfect I have been in heavy populated areas ( HOD ) as well as heavy populated area's open world and still can't seem to locate this lag issue that everyone is talking about.

• Broadband Cable
    • 60 MBPS Down
    • 8 MBPS Up
    • Connection ratio on PS4 is 35 MBPS

I have a friend on the PS4 who uses MiFi internet mobile phone hotspot 3G and his connection is showing a few mild lag spikes at times causing a disconnection when entering mission's after queuing up

• Mobile Connection
    • 10 MBPS Down
    • 5 MBPS Up
    • Connection ratio on PS4 is 8 MBPS

I hope if there is an issue in the game that the rest of the players are experiencing that you guys do solve it as for the rest of us that are not experiencing it when I hear about it in areas affected I'll try to check those areas out to see if I am affected by them as well but I also keep in mind that when an area is highly congested lag will linger as more players in a area increases the lag spikes and one thing about internet connections between public systems one player's connection affect the appearance that it's slowing the internet connection down against a player with a quality connection.
  18. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

19. AgentX44 Committed Player

the "dead zone" is from the "ghost in the machine" :)
  20. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

had the same problem on my new alt.