People said Crossplay was a good idea....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eternal Flame, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Black Mass Well-Known Player

I love cross play. I love seeing so many bodies in the HoD. I love seeing que times shortened. The different styles of play will always be there so I've my peace with that back when the Batcaves were 3 hour raids. This was great for the game and I for one am glad I get to play with my PC brothers and sisters
  2. AllanPage Committed Player

The server has been laggy for some people lately. 50% of my ingame friends have lag others don't. I witnessed it as well. Hopefully they will fix it later somehow with better bandwidth or whatever is needed.
  3. thedemonocus Loyal Player

cross play was a good idea but you can't expect to not have a few problems in the beginning, i'm amazed it went as smooth as it did,i half expected the servers to blow up
    • Like x 1
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There's an issue with disconnects from GU56 we are tracking down, and the mysterious "dead zone" issue that's been around for a while that we have yet to get a solid lead on. Neither are related to cross play.

From what we can tell monitoring the game, cross play has introduced no issues whatsoever.
    • Like x 9
  5. ArchelyMS Well-Known Player

are you new? there's always been lag, Crossplay doesn't change anything that been around for years.
  6. ArchelyMS Well-Known Player

Using a PS4 Controller does cause lag after 30mins to an hour, this been reported for a long time, has it been looked into and Identified?
  7. metalfenix Committed Player

I've been testing a bit the game since friday, I had no problems with crossplay. however, I had misterious crashes to desktop that I don't know if they are related, and when my character is on linkdead state, everytime I try to come back it throws me off to desktop instantly. I have to wait until the deadlink status go off, and then try again to actually play.
  8. SkullGang Devoted Player

You know and I know that the pros completely outweigh that con.
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

....so that's why my PC was acting up when I tried this game on it.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I don't think I've seen that. Have you submitted a bug on the tracker? Lots of people use PS4 controllers for long periods of time.
  11. ArchelyMS Well-Known Player

I am on Windows 10. It's plug n play. The lag cause a slideshow, I unplug it and replug it and it's all fine. Unglug it and lag immediately stops.
    If possible you can try it on a PC and do duos and other stuff and even does also on Test Server. Since it's a controller reporting issue, maybe some devs and try plug n play PS4 Controller on the PC on Windows 10. It also happens on Windows 8.1, I don't know for Windows 7 though.
    Maybe they are windows 7, Windows 8 is boycotted lol
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Okay, so that's...not related to cross play or this thread in any way? Or am I missing something.
  13. WockaFlockaPhil Dedicated Player

If true, this explains a lot. I lag something fierce after 30 minutes to the point where voice chat sounds like I'm talking to robots. I'm on Windows 7 for reference, and I use a PS4 controller.

Does the same issues occur with a PS3 controller?

Also, I'm on Uverse (20 down 5 up)
  14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I can back up this player's claims.

Not sure what causes it but it happens. I was able to fix the problem by installing a 3rd party program called ScpServer, but in the end, I decided to just use my spare PS3 controller instead due to physical problems with my worn out PS4 controller.

The frame rate slowly drops over time. Unplugging and replugging the controller back in clears it for a short time then it starts to lag again.
    • Like x 1
  15. ArchelyMS Well-Known Player

No I have not used a PS3 Controller as of since for a year, before Yes by using DS3 Motionjoy.
    But I was on Windows 7 before I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and it lags, and now Upgraded to Windows 10.
    And though it was fine while on windows 7 using PS3 Controller.
  16. ArchelyMS Well-Known Player

Sorry, i'll make a thread on it and you can move the posts to it and other players quoting me in it.
  17. WockaFlockaPhil Dedicated Player

Well that's unfortunate, guess I'm gonna go KB+M from now on.
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

No lag here, and my pc isn't anything special Just saying..
  19. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Still no lag. How much longer do I have to wait?

I checked both PC and Playstation as I have both and It was silky smooth on both platforms.
  20. OANGL Well-Known Player

No lag on my part and I was even in metropolis Battlezone on my alt which is terrible with ps3 and I had no lag.