PC Client Crashing Multiple Times Daily- US Server Instability

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Dwild50 Well-Known Player

Well, it got better for a while but the crashes are back...about 1/3rd of the time when porting, often while moving thru my own lair and most aggravating, when you crash right before you get to a main boss in a raid. If you're with friends, not so bad, you can get a reinvite, but if you pug...annoying. Happened to me last night just before we got to Dr. Fate fight in the House of Mystery raid. Got back in but only in the town...missed the reward for the first half of the raid.
  2. Athéna37 New Player

Why we paid for this game if you can make a good fix ? im crashing 3time by day since atleantis dlc ! SO WHY PAID FOR A GAME WHO CRASHING ALL TIME ? 3 update for fix this and its not ! im stop dc i come back here only if crash are fixed BYE
  3. RealTegan Dedicated Player

So... it's been almost a week and not a word from the community relations team on this game-killing bug.

I've found another game. I'll be checking in here to see if this game is ever fixed, but until then, what's the point of playing?

Not even a "we're still working on it" to keep us in the loop and let us know they care. That's just pathetic.
    • Like x 1
  4. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I was able to last at least three hours last night before I crashed and quit.

I didn't do a single raid last week. Each time I tried I've crashed, but mostly I therefore didn't try. I've stuck to solo stuff and duos. Thanks, Daybreak!
    • Like x 1
  5. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Crashed at Shogg for no reason, ugh
  6. Rainnifer Committed Player

I always feel bad when my friend crashes during a 4 player instance because I either have to hope the other players wait for him, or I leave too so we can re-queue. (and vice versa) It's an inconvenience for everybody no matter what. Duos are fine because we aren't in a rush. Raids are bigger risks for crashing. Simply not doing the content isn't really an option because we want to actually get our play times worth of membership, and it'd be such a waste to miss out on loot drops and currency. This really needs to be fixed, and way more focused on by most of the Daybreak team. A large amount of people are being affected by this on-going issue. We can't be excited for your tweets of new content and whatever else while this crashing issue is still around to ruin our days.
    • Like x 2
  7. RealTegan Dedicated Player

More than half the time I try to do Shogg, I crash. And of those times, most of them I don't get credit. I had to force myself to log in to do my vault and stabilizer today. I just can't be bothered to waste any more time on this until they fix this bug. Especially when they refuse to do us the courtesy of reporting that they are still working on it.
    • Like x 2
  8. Rainnifer Committed Player

I was an excited new player, loving this game and planned to play it for a while. I tried to look past the crashing, but now it's causing stress about the game because I miss out on things or have to re-do things I shouldn't have to be doing over again. I've just been hit with something in my own life, and with this crashing around it's going to cause more harm than good because I won't be able to escape and try to enjoy my day with this game. I may just have to stop playing for a while.
  9. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Yeah and especially after the pc client hotfix the game just freezes, no way to let pug shogg groups know I dced, luckily I was on mic so I just talked to a friend for 2-5 mins then relogged, miraculously I got credit, but I have no idea if the group kicked me or not since I did not know if I died since the game froze, they really need to revamp the disconnect system to let people know when someone crashes if they aren’t going to fix soon. Nearly two months is WAY to long :(

I never got annoyed from this game before besides our treatment towards pc membership sales( only plays dcuo) but this is seriously getting me more annoyed every day. I’m starting to also think about not throwing any money till it gets fix
    • Like x 2
  10. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Im already there...if I cant play....no pay.
    • Like x 2
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Me too, this is why I am waiting to re sub.
    • Like x 2
  12. Rainnifer Committed Player

Just putting this out there, some of the crashing may actually be due to certain things within the game world. I don't know but me and my friend just crashed at the same exact time. So it may not always just be things building up on our end of the game running to cause it to crash. We were just standing atop Titans Tower.
    • Like x 1
  13. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

I DC'ed in an empty PVP server last week. So yeah.
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I've found that, ironically, if you don't acknowledge the crash, and let the program alone long enough for the remaining group to finish Shogg/Pod/any bounty, your toon will generally still count as being there and get the credit, FWIW. Don't immediately do anything and just wait long enough for the group to have finished before you click on the crash button and restart the program.
    • Like x 1
  15. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Yeah, I did that regularly. Like I said, it worked maybe half the time. The other half... well, maybe the group was too lame to finish without me? (doubtful, I'm not a very skilled player).

I'm surprised it's been a week since the last update, which was not in the slightest informative, and we've still heard nothing. Not so much as a "yes, we know, we're still working on it."

Instead, we get an announcement of SM and utter silence on the game-killing bug. Does Mepps have the flu or something? Isn't there a back-up for him?
    • Like x 2
  16. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

In case he has, wishing him a speedy recovery! :D
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

My guess is indeed that Mepps has been out this week, whatever the reason (illness, family issues, vacation, whatever).

I'll bet a quarter on it.

And he doesn't seem to have a back-up/assistant.
  18. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Hes been on the road using the Gallagher gimmick. Every melon, piece of fruit, pies and cakes, beer cans etc he imagines hes smashing the skulls of dcuo players.

[IMG]

Hope hes back in time for the livestream.
  19. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Bump, any news devs?

To repeat Teagan:

The community engagement on this issue has been weaksauce as well. Even one post a day that says, "We're still working on it, it's a hard bug to find" would let folks know the team is serious about it as the players are. The utter silence on the issue, here and on FB and Twitter, makes it feel like they have done nothing since the last update, even though I'm sure people are working hard on this thing.
  20. RealTegan Dedicated Player

It appears that Mepps was on vacation. I still don't understand why his back-up or someone couldn't have just popped in to say, "Yes, we're still working on it, please be patient" in order to let us know you aren't ignoring this game-killing bug.