Only getting event gear from SoBA boxes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LeagueOfV, Feb 2, 2023.

1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

How about a compromise?

Return the Common and Rare drop loot to boxes and attune with CR as before. But remove the CR scaling from the Quark Avatar Bombardier gear so that it won't auto attune to the higher CR on new episode releases so that players actually need to progress through the given content instead of being able to skip right away to the Epic gear CR attune levels :)
    • Like x 1
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Mepps, this is not a good compromise about the styles. This works fine in Omnibus content, because the clamp can help offset any deficits you might have choosing the wrong role gear for CR jump, but when you are leveling in un clamped content, you have to choose the wrong role to get the correct CR bump.

Purple gives the best bang for your buck, but they are also VERY rare and players want to use it for their off role, so they wait until they are high enough CR to tune it. This also hurts alt development, which is usually subject to having dropped gear only to progress.

Please rethink this change.
    • Like x 11
  3. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Please revert this change, thanks.

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  4. myandria Item Storage

Ahhh... so this is the "fix" for players who complained about not being able to see what gear styles were inside the gearboxes before opening them in EEG content. I think it is a bit early to do this, as EEG content is usually in rotation for Spotlight events.

Suggestion: Unbox green and blue gear boxes for content that is 5 episodes behind; this will put it out of sight for current EEG grinding and in line of sight for lower level characters to help them get through that older content easier.
  5. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

This is messed up... you really screwed over players with this change for something no one asked for (yet again). The decision to drop attuned blue & green gear instead of unattuned gear isn't helpful at all, but pretty damaging instead. I don't understand how taking away someone's choice is a convenience just to save one click. To put this in context in another way; Would you like to pay a set amount just be handed a bag of random food from your favorite fast food joint just so you didn't have to wait in line? That's basically what you did to every single player. If it's not something they can use it's pretty much just a random exobyte after a bunch of extra clicks. Exobyte's don't help anyone level up their CR at all.

People needed to use the green and blue gear to eventually get to the point where Purple attuned at a max level. You don't get enough purple gear to really level up on purple gear alone. If you thought this would be a good change, then you really missed what the real effect a change like this means to the players who log in every day to grind levels for characters.
    • Like x 7
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The feedback is very much appreciated. We will discuss.
    • Like x 8
  7. SilkyPawz Bunny

Thank you
    • Like x 4
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Wait, why couldn't the style just be listed in the tooltip? :p
    • Like x 7
  9. BumblingB I got better.

They couldn't figure out how to make it show. This has been a problem since they first introduced unattuned loot boxes, which I think was from the Home Turf weekly missions.
    • Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I'd guess that's a bug tied to the change....but the change needs to go too.

I kind of got it for the leveling gear, as it gave a way to see the style, WAS an issue, although not one I'd have traded to control how I got my gear by opening in a 'good' order....but the blue/green sets from current content are always the same styles. Unless they are going to make the 330 and 334 (this ep) gear ALSO be random styles, there is absolutely no reason to make this change that is good for the players. What....so people can salvage gear a touch bit faster once they cap the gear out? Yeah...no... that's not a good trade off.
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So you get no CR bump from 330 if you are wearing 319 gear? I'm guessing that rather than the CR level adjust as you get higher, 330 gear will just open at 330 and 334 gear will open at 334. Otherwise that's a very incorrect statement, by your own gear design. You level to the point where the purple gear is applicable by using the Green and Blue gear....you do that better by using it in a beneficial order. Getting opened as it drops makes no logical sense....for the players.

And even if there was no detriment...and there is....what is the benefit to us OR DBG? Change for change's sake is not necessarily good change....someone should be benefiting.

BTW....Every piece of green 330 is Promethium....No need to have it unboxed, thanks.
    • Like x 1
  12. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

I honestly dont see the issue with the change but only due to 1 reason. Augments
    Everyone knows rank 1 of augments grants +1 bonus choice given the correct augment applied per episode. There should be no reason for people to cry about not getting the right loot when, in actual fact. Day 1 of the dlc most players have levelled the augments to at least 1 of the bonuses. If you have them then there is 0 change to the system. If you do not, then you will just have to pick like omnibus. It is promoting the use of the correct augments in content.

The rest i understand the frustration of slower levelling however, i would prefer a harder levelling progress in this game because at the moment, its way to easy to gear up. I went from level 30 to 200 in a few hours spamming duos. took me 3 days (4ish hours a day, also running feats with a friend in the mean time) to get to relevant content at the time (Leigon of doom). Some of you may say "But you will have gear, but no skill points" and that i agree. So in my eyes, this update tried to set the balance between gear and SP
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This has been a requested thing and sticky point for years. The name does show, but the name does not Jive with what the style actually is. 'Forgotten Mystic' is mayan, for example. So in EEG where there are 100's of different styles and names, yes....knowing what style you are going to get DOES have some benefit. But it also doesn't really matter how you level up, as that gear will be quickly replaced and getting a style piece outweighs the loss of having to pick healer vs DPS or whatever. Role gear really doesn't matter as the clamp should adjust for a few pieces of 'off' gear.

However in EG, where there is no clamp or event level to offset the fact you are DPSing in Role gear or vice versa, it matters if you put the wrong stuff on. Also, as the green/blue/purple gear (so far) in the EG content is always the same, after opening a box or 2, there is no mystery on what style it is.

I don't think I'd be against the idea if the boxes only opened IF you've already reached max potential for that gear. If every piece of SOBA green opened as 330, because you already hit 371 CR, no worries....it's all 330 so getting a healer head or DPS hands won't matter. But if you are at 368 CR, you might get those unopened head and hands and sit on them for a bit, because your head and hands are your 2 best pieces of gear from the previous set.

I think the whole change shows that they have no idea how most people use the gear to level up. No one I know opens EG gear as it drops no matter the piece...unless it's already at max potential. You might do a single or few pieces....but most is saved...blues more than greens, yes...but yeah, greens too.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If you want it to be harder, just open every box as you get it. No worries. Heck, if you want it to be really hard, delete key pieces as you get them, that will slow it down for you.;)

BTW....did you spam endgame content...or EEG? No one is complaining (currently) about how this happens in EEG, just EG, where you can't spam to get endless gear, unless you want to pay for it via replays. Omnibus does not reward endgame gear.
    • Like x 2
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Except some people only run open world content on alts. Some avoid on duty in general because of the community. Some people even have terrible rng and relied on hoarding boxes to get what they needed.
    • Like x 2
  16. Emoney Dedicated Player

I honestly thought this was a bug today. Thankfully all my alts are around 388 to 390 so no big deal now. But it threw me off for sure.

I would vote for a revert though. I don't think theres a situation this makes sense. If you only play one role, half the gear isnt going to work for you or it makes newer players wear mixed gear for cr and that should never be encouraged.

If you run both roles, like I do on a few characters, I always check both sets of gear before opening the box to see which set needs it more, this new system takes that away.

In all honesty, it just makes leveling take longer. It's not fair to complete a mission and not be able to use a piece of gear, or wear the wrong role if you dont know any different. To me this almost seems like a way to slow down the leveling process, not a solution to the style issue.
    • Like x 1
  17. Plowed In Loyal Player

It was a sneaky plot to unite the community ;)

Well played, Mepps!

[IMG]

Love it for EEG, prefer it not to be in endgame.
    • Like x 2
  18. VariableFire Loyal Player

There's a lot more Omnibus to play to eventually get Purples than just the last DLC. If the devs are using Omnibus data regarding gear usage that's really really skewed. I don't even notice the color for Omnibus really except for knowing what to salvage.

It might not matter much but it hurts the two previous DLC with regards to leveling gear too. Omnibus gear already attunes higher, so the chance to choose was the only benefit.
  19. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

I spend my replays on alts. Never to reset content. I dont mind running content for no rewards because it gives me practice for the content. I mostly run elite.
    EEG mostly in the early levels, when i got to relevant content i dont really mind if it takes me long, I get there when i get there. I dont need everything right away because i value skill and ability over minor increments in stats. I want the Episodes to last. Not be over with in the first few weeks. People always cry about that and its their own fault for spending X amount on replays.
    I also do open them as i get them. As i said before, I get higher gear when i get higher gear. I dont mind waiting.
  20. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Then thats on them if they avoid key pieces of content. They obviously will have slower progression and shouldnt moan about it because they are choosing to miss out on the content. On the RNG side, i get that but RNG is in every aspect of the game and cannot be avoided. Its part of the game and progression. If you have bad RNG then its tough luck, try again soon. The only boxes worth saving are the purple gears in which are not effected by this update as i have seen them first hand in SoBA Alert.

I feel like the community does not understand what it is like to play an MMORPG. DCUO is their first MMORPG for most players and it does set a bad example in terms of progression. You can skip content entirely, choose to reset loot locks and can be done with the dlc in a day if you dedicated enough and put the hours in. Long term progression should be the focus in a game like this, its a mess that people complain because they spend so much on replays to complete dlcs in week 1.

Put the focus on time. Reward players for time, not how big their purses are. That should be the way