Omaar's HL dps guide.

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by OMAAR, Feb 15, 2013.

1. OMAAR New Player

Btw, I have forgotten About the 1% extra crit chance we recieve from allocating points to the Assault tree. New calculations will be done accordingly. Difference? A slight favor to melee weapons.
  2. bedovean New Player

Also this is just a combination of 2 existing combos, so it is GAS/WCS

YAY OMAR MY SPIKEQUAKE AND CHOMPERS VALUES WILL GO UP ....wait no cause they suck XD
  3. OMAAR New Player

Spikequake and chompers /shudder.
    New realistic number multipliers:
  4. xRyujin New Player

If any1 wants to try this (i use capital letters for powers, small letters for constructs). Ram->snaptrap- clip>SNAPTRAP->fan->pt clip->IMPACT->grasping hand clip->RAM and restart... after impact just hold for a second and as soon as you see the grasping hand beam, clip with ram. I change the SNAPTRAP clip for GH -> gh from time to time.
  5. bedovean New Player

I believe that combo is very long :p also GH after impact is worthless. Its 80dps and prec GH only gives 6dots of like 7 damage compared to GH power doing higher damage and 8 ticks of 30ish
  6. xxxpervysage New Player

Ok I ran Nexus for time today and couldnt put enough damage out i currently have 95 sp, and 95 cr. I used ram trap pt fan pt jump. I have around 1080 pre 2200 might. I got doubled by quantum after wiping twice on 1st fight, then they gave me the boot lol. My question is if its my mechanics or lack of sp ?
  7. Bishop New Player

Ram-ST-Fan is a standard ranged combo for Light. If will do decently but if you utilised ST-Fan or (Ram)-ST-Fan/GH-Fan or FFF you are more than capable of outputting respectable DPS. Possibly an increase of 40-60% DPS than RSF depending on what you choose. Right now OMAAR recommends FFF for nexus which I don't disagree, but if you are PC and struggling with the ST-Fan execution of FFF I'd advise Ram-ST-Fan/GH-Fan at mid-range.

Bishop
    • Like x 2
  8. SmokingGuns New Player

I would have to agree with Bishop but also say its your lack of skill points, if you had the right rotation and your damage was equal to the other dps in there, given your telling the truth about you stats (not saying your not) then no one would have kicked you. But you being 95cr people are going to expect you to have 100-110sp.
  9. bedovean New Player

A combination. I never liked SSS, try WCS or GAS or WCS/GH-fan-pT (labeling this until named by someone DM(Dot madness))

if you are confortable you should try to FFF, however it takes many times learning the fights, also DPS is really the most important thing to pass these fights due to reinforcements, so you may just need more gear.
  10. SmokingGuns New Player

I didn't think it would take this long but I'm going on 3days now looking for someone kind enough to run the numbers on the MG/WT-Ram/WT & MG/ST-Ram/WT
  11. Zim New Player

edit
  12. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

Can someone remind me what GAS is?

And btw, I'm really liking gh-fan/st-fan. It's putting out amazing single target ranged damage. What combo should I use for multiple target range?
  13. Clip New Player

GAS should be GH-pull-fan-pt
    With GH-fan-pt/st-fan-pt with rifle u have 2 fans and 2 grenades from rifle for ranged AOE. I think fan can hit 3 targets(?). Ranged AOEs are hard to find in HL tree :D
    Other option would be WCS
    St-fan-pt
    WTF
    St-fan-pt/lightweight

Some other question anyone using light barrier in nexus? I was using it everytime but Im not sure if it would be better to take GH and lightweight in the loadout. If u get killed by a 10K plus damage hit the shield wont help much probably.
    GH works for me in 99% well, with WCS i can almost guarantee to end up few times struggling to pull out the fan. So GH is must for ranged fight in nexus for me. And lightweight could be a good option to blow out extra mana/damage when needed.
  14. Warlan New Player

Those numbers were posted a long time ago. MG damage is terrible unless in construct form.
    • Like x 1
  15. Ri0THL Level 30

just got precision health expert, thinking about throwing them in all my mods and rings.
  16. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

How about CDM for crazy dot madness.
  17. SmokingGuns New Player

Warlan bare with me on this combo I've never been a fan of the MG except for using it in the vault. Being eing that it was tested along time ago I think it's worth testing again now that the CTSV is higher, but the real reason for this combo was to try and maximize the usage of the construct WT.
  18. bedovean New Player

IF you want GH and LW it is better to lose a dps innate then lose light barriar especially for nexus. It saves me picks me up and does damage so its good in my book XD and currently GH replaces robot for me, i know a dps friend that uses neo venom instead however and keeps up with me. I admit I do not use GH unless i want to burn through a troller SC or powerdump before i use supply drop, so when i want to do that i use DM(gh-fan/st-fan) because i now have this clipped down to 2.2 seconds, so can powerdrain quickly.
  19. bedovean New Player

Works for me, was trying to think of third letter for it. CRAZY DOT MADNESS it is.
  20. R33F3R New Player

stop telling ppl on ps3 GH is good, its crap id rather use chompers, and FFF nexus is easy communicate and find out who has the debuff that kills anyone close too you and if its not the tank FFF away, Mg-whip/ram-whip + the white mod for inttruptions saves my life and i also notice dmg is better, iv also seen videos with loadouts i dont understand why they have the powers in those places.... try this order, LB,MG,SC,Claws,ST,RAM , happy hunting
    • Like x 1