Omaar's HL dps guide.

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by OMAAR, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Zpred Dedicated Player

Yeah I noticed that, awesome vid, when I watched it i thought wtf are doing (not in a bad way) so I thought I'm gonna have a go at that lol.
    • Like x 1
  2. Clip New Player

The pull on ps3 takes wayyyyy longer to perform. Should we open a thread in the bug section about it?
    • Like x 1
  3. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

>_> By all means...it would be nice if it was quicker.

SnapTrap-Fan doesn't always work consistently either, unless you do it really slow. Check your tab when you attempt it. :(
  4. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Ya a lot of people are telling me that (Power)SnapTrap into fan is kind of clunky but RSF is working fine. I'm not sure if this is working as intended or not on the ps3 anyway.
  5. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

Yeah, RSF is perfectly fine. It's just that darn (Power) SnapTrap into Fan that's the issue.

I sure hope it's not working as intended. That would be a bummer. :(
  6. Peacemakaz Committed Player

Yea I had one of my toons HL for like an hour and ran into this problem right away...The issue is that for some reason when you use power snap trap, you can only use the EXACT moves you want in order to activate the construct otherwise it would misfire, plus your timing has to be impeccable, which no one has time for in a t5 raid as a lot of kiting needs to be done.
  7. OMAAR New Player

We could open ticket regarding GH pull bring slower on ps3 but what happens of devs decide that the PC Side is too fast? I don't want to hurt my PC brothers unless they give us permission.
  8. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Well, for your response i asume you are from ps3 server and u arent playing with good gadgets players. There is absolottly NO WAY that GH is viable for HL, sorry, u r dpsing wrong. or the people you dps with makes u think u r doing good.

Also, i'd love to see you meeling paradox, i dont know if u would top the dps charts, but in deaths u will be unbeatable.
  9. Lights Derp Loyal Player

You should check OMAARs math for GH combo it does't lie. Grasping hand is insane.

Try it for yourself and you'll see.

The combo for your reference is GH>pull>fan>jump
  10. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

I did tried it, and it's inferior. Anyways, is my personal opinion. Also, im just talking about a pure ranged combo for the new raids (dont forget about that).
  11. R33F3R New Player

brawl PT vs dw PT is there much differnce? because id rather use dw combos when i do use the wep, also ST-FAN-CLAW-TAP-HC clip repeat or ST-FAN-CLAW tap clip lunge repeat, will any of these beat fan spam in dps? and yes i know its close range, ALSO! robotside kick is useless in new raids and i dont want light weight or iconic shield anu suggestions?
  12. Gerbal New Player

New base statts 2519might 1300 prec. Still need a weapon
  13. Gerbal New Player

I dont know if youve tested the numbers or not but ive been using gh>pullgh/powerst>fan>jump repeat. Seems to net great single target dmg but is a bit power intensive. You can clip pullgh as soon as he reaches forward and starts back.
    • Like x 1
  14. OMAAR New Player

Welcome back to the fun-side.
    • Like x 1
  15. OMAAR New Player

Interesting.
  16. Bishop New Player

That's what I've been doing in Nexus except I use Power Ram-ST-Fan instead of Power ST-Fan since I cannot do Power ST- Fan without bugging Fan. More friendly on the power use and if you get mid-range Ram hits decently. Of course once Power ST-Fan works, these combos should be pretty powerful.

Bishop
  17. SmokingGuns New Player

can someone run the number on this for me pls? Looks strong but I'd rather have the math done on it!!!
  18. bedovean New Player

Well Omar, Your GAS combo was timed at the same time ours was, however that is why i suggested the st-fan/gh-fan combo since the pull was slower for some ps3 players. I honestly think its just due to lack of practice though. its a move NO ONE uses lol
  19. bedovean New Player

I have tried this however GH PULL is slightly weaker then fan and only does single target damage, but at the same time as GH-fan is. You can combo GH straight into fan without pull, so i would say that comboting to fan jump+pT is better.
    • Like x 2
  20. Gerbal New Player

Im strictly talking for nexus and paradox wave bosses. Ive had great success with that combo in nexus boss fights. When testing these do you factor in the dots and burst dmg numbers. Gh and st stack dots plus my gh pull has two ticks of dmg that avg aroung 300 a tick non crit.