OH MY GOD!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Dec 6, 2018.

1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Not to nit pik but we had these same complaints about too much Wonder Woman stuff after AF 1 and AF 2 and before that it was when are they going to start forcing Green Lantern stuff down our throats. Like him or hate him depending on which version of the founding of the Justice League the adhere to Aquaman is one of the founders. Now since by the end of the Atlantis DLC we actually had Rath back off the throne and Aquaman back in possession of the Trident it is possible they could end the stort right there .. Or give us one more DLC where we battle Black Manta and "officially" get Arthur back on the throne

Hey you want to get technical the Wasteland is full of teen titans and revolves around Raven and her evil daddy and borthers. So we had THAT and now we have also had stuff on Titan Island.. when do we start complaining about too much Titan stuff?
    • Like x 1
  2. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Aside from Shazam (who is undoubtedly getting some attention soon), the character who has tragically been ignored is Martian Manhunter. Being one of the core seven JLA members, he’s due for at least an episode or two; and the idea is already in canon - the White Martian invasion.

They could start out with the appearance of the Hyperclan with their defeat revealing them to be White Martians in disguise.

[IMG]

That can flow into Miss Martian and the revelation she’s a White Martian; maybe a solo that takes place inside Martian Manhunter’s mind as we try to save him from a White Martian induced coma; a mind-swap duo where you and your qued partner swap bodies and you’re stuck with their powers and load out until you finish; open world in the ruins of Mars; raids leading to the ultimate villain - Martian Manhunter’s brother Malefic (the one responsible for the telepathic plague that killed all Green Martians and created the weakness to fire).

Lots and of potential wasting away from an important character like Martian Manhunter who has largely been ignored.
    • Like x 3
  3. MrMigraine Devoted Player

For the record, Wonder Woman was released in the summer of 2017. And we had Age of Justice - with twice the Wonder Women - to celebrate it.

Still, I certainly wouldn't mind a Themysciran Base. Or more WW posters or statues or stuff.

Come to think of it, we haven't gotten any comic-cover posters or statues since Death of Superman. Maybe the devs don't think we like them anymore ... ?
    • Like x 1
  4. recoil2 Dedicated Player

econoknight sort of beat me to the punch XD. i was going to make the note that we have DOZENS of unused characters ESPECIALLY martian manhunter, who is sort of a founding member of the justice league. outside of a martian or thanagarian invasion (giving hawkman and hawkgirl more back story in the game as well as gentleman ghost/martian manhunter) some characters and places that come to mind are: katanna (tokyo and modern japan), mr myxl and the 5th dimension, constantine and the dark verse, terry mcginnis and the world of gotham 2039, static shock and dakota, swamp thing killing fields or any of his other major story lines, we could even do a twist on batman's usually modus operandi and do a mini event version of the storyline "where were you on the night batman was killed?".
  5. Controller Devoted Player

Groovy.

Looks like Kloud will be getting a new base soon.
  6. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Would they have revealed this tease if I didn't post a reconstructing tweet?! Anyways!! I'm excited!! Sad that I will have to take down what I'm currently working on... >.>
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Awesome! Maybe its a good thing I delayed my final Water base after all :)
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Couple of questions that occur to me:

Will these bases be underwater inside or not?

If they are, I’d like to request the air bubbles you created as a potential workaround for the armoury issue be made into base items. I love a video game called Subnautica and I’d love to have an air filled underwater base like the ones that can be created in that game.
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Trial and error isn't a bad thing :D

I'm very curious to see what you'll do with your base-in-progress with an Atlantean theme :)
  10. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Does this mean we COULD be gettin Other Base Theme's Revolving around say OA, Themiscara and Other Location Specific Areas?
    • Like x 4
  11. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Aquaman literally had ZERO content for years with the exception of the annual summer seasonal.

The Water Pack base items and the Aquaman Statue and Emblem were a tie-in for Water Powers, you know the most requested power. Just like they had posters/emblems with Wonder Woman and the Batman vs Superman movies.

Starro is not specifically an Aquaman villain, and despite being a Starfish, he's not in anyway related to Aquaman and Atlantean lore. Deluge, even though mostly refurnished Starro content and Atlantis are the only Aquaman content that we got so why are acting like we got a trilogy worth of Aquaman content?

The fact that they made a new lair theme can only mean future lair themes are more possible than ever but you're just hating because it's related to Atlantean and Aquaman content...

I agree, Wonder Woman deserved more love and attention than it got but if I recall, there were a lot of people hating on Wonder Woman content/stuff being released the same way you are now with Aquaman...

They were probably many factors on why they couldn't do lair themes at the time but that doesn't mean we can't get it now.
    • Like x 4
  12. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Hopefully!! Give old locations a resurgence !
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

My problem wasnt so much wonder woman content as it was just "magic content" being too much for a while rather than meta or tech themed.

I think the problem with aquaman is that we've had deluge, titans and now atlantis and because we only get 3 or maybe if we are lucky 4 dlcs a year there has been a lot of time spent doing aquaman, naturally people are going to start noticing a lack of alternative content within a relatively long period of time ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. Raven Roth Committed Player

15. Mermaid Dedicated Player

I get that but we're only getting it this year though due to the Aquaman movie tie-in, so they had to ride the tide while it is high. Also, Deluge is only gave us 1 new solo/raid, not much of a full on Aquaman. It served mostly as a prologue. We've had worst.

Last year was heavily Tech/Meta. I was bored and went away for months. It's just a cycle afterall...
    • Like x 1
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

You come right down to it.... No mater which version of the story of how the Justice league was born it has always included the Flash. And when you come right down to it aside for a few brief glimpses .. We "actually" get to fight along side him against Gorilla Grood , he shows up again to congratulate us when we defeat Captain Cold in the Flash Museum duo and for the life of me I can't recall which it is but they stick him on the tredmill and have his power up the portal so we can time jump in either Brothers in Arms or Family Reunion and he is part of the Cut Scene for the duo in Earth 3.. the man is barely used. Now his Rogues are all over the place but mostly they stick Flash in a spot and have him hand us missions.

I would love too see some content involving Hawk Girl and I always liked Martian Manhunter so I'd enjoy some thing involving him as well. Oh and I am a huge Constantine fan so I could definitely see them doing a JL Dark thing involving him, Zatanna and Dead Man.. I suppose we can add in the Swamp Thing with that group. LOL
    • Like x 1
  17. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

1) You think all because they did this that means they're giving us a wide variety of new lairs? They haven't confirmed anything on this yet.

"There were probably many factors on why they couldn't do lair themes at the time" - No there wasn't. The primary reason they've always stated was that they stopped doing lair themes because they didn't sell well. Which concerns me. The only reason they made this lair theme period, was because of the aquaman movie.

Now what happens if this lair doesn't sell well? Will they go back to not making them anymore? even you don't have the answer to that question.

Trust me, on one end. I'm happy that folks are getting to get a new lair theme, but I'm also very concerned because they haven't done one of these things over in 5 years now because they always claimed profits were the reason.

2) I'm hating on the lair because I'm tired of Aquaman Content in General. No other DC character has gotten as much love as this one has which annoys me to no end.

Let me just put it in perspective for you:
    1)We got base items from 2017, Aquaman posters and such. You try to make the BVS posters a vaild claim, but those weren't gifts with a powerset and those were taken down before anyone had a really good chance to claim them
    2) We've ran Starro for a whole year now, if you count 2017. Starro was supposed to be an event, but the developers decided to make it into a full fledged episode. Not only did people have to deal with playing the same content as they did the year before, which involved Aquaman, but they also added another raid on-top of it.
    3) The Cursed Gotham Time Capsule got tied into the Atlantis episode, as if that's not enough shoving Aquaman down our throats. Normally TC's aren't episode tied, but this one ended up being tied to it because of the underwater batwoman suit.
    4) It didn't help the other episodes felt lackluster.To me the Titans content got shafted, it was about a movie too; so why didn't it get the same amount of love and attention that Atlantis and Aquaman continue to get? We got a very small open world, mediocre missions with mediocre base items. Seriously, we got more pizza boxes; but there's way more to the Teen Titans than pizza...

This also means if your new to the game, the Content Cycle is going to look like this: Aquaman, Titans, Aquaman...

Seriously? At least when Lanterns and Amazons were on the spotlight, they had the trilogy content era which spaced them apart and made them feel fresh and made you feel like you had an alternative. But with the way they did this content, it's Aquaman or nothing... and that in turn really only makes me hate Aquaman more because of how other characters didn't get the same treatment and also how the content feels all clumped up together.

Maybe this is something I should've said in a separate thread, but looking back at what I'm typing here really illustrates my frustrations with DCUO's content setup right now. I feel like I have nothing else to look forward to but more Aquaman... and DCUO in turn, has kind of turned me into an Aquaman hater because of how forced the content feels.

And for me... maybe just seeing An Atlantis themed lair (The only new one to be in existence after 5 years of being told no.) was probably the last straw that ended up making me vent.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Oh I agree, I was just conversing the logic lol.

It's probably why there's been a bit of disengagement apparent with this DLC in my view, some people are just over Aquaman, personally it doesn't bother me that much, but I do notice when there's not enough variance in content theme myself; I've just always played it anyway haha :D
    • Like x 2
  19. Raven Roth Committed Player

I would do anything to get a Trigonic or Shadowlands themed base
    • Like x 1
  20. Schimaera Devoted Player

If I can swim in that base, it's sold.
    • Like x 1