OH MY GOD!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Mermaid Dedicated Player

2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I really hope we don’t swim in this base.
    • Like x 2
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I might give this argument a little more weight if I didn't remember all the threads that popped up during the Amazon Fury/War of the Light release times. More than a few players were complaining about how the game was becoming "Lantern Universe Online" along with some Wonder Woman fatigue (central quest-giver for Sons of Trigon and a heavy Amazon focus after that).

Whenever one character (or group) gets some attention, it's very easy to think that the game is becoming all about that one character, especially if the devs are telling a multi-part story.

Besides, they DID (kind of) kill off Superman in the game this year, so there's that...;)
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

it doesn't fit in with any of my characters themes but its nice to see them finally adding a new lair skin.

if this performs well enough we may see new lair skins down the road as well.
    • Like x 1
  5. Saami Loyal Player

It would be nice, if we could do our own layouts. Imagine doing your dream lair from scratch with secret rooms and stuff.

Even having a same layout, but reordeable rooms would be cool.
    • Like x 1
  6. Lamiawitchprincess Level 30

Yes finnaly the purrfect home base for me now if only we could get a hell base lol
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

I'm at a loss for words right now.... The developers do listen, even though it at times feel like they don't. Definately buying this the second it gets released!
    • Like x 1
  8. Kuno Loyal Player

To those complaining about the new base and too much Aquaman stuff... you could create a Water power based atlantean character and enjoy the content, the base items and the styles released this year instead complaining. You are welcome.
    I did and I'm so happy with my Mera character.
    If only we could get her hairstyle as extra reward in a couple of weeks... :p
  9. Eve YouTuber

Probably not... XD
  10. Dwild50 Well-Known Player

I want a Themiscira themed base with windows showing WW's island home outside. (We have like 3 Gotham windows, 1 off a tropical island and 2 from a time warped WWII Bavarian landscape...not to mention views, large, small, wall and floor mounted from Under The Sea...no fish though. Put a fish out there...so much water, not a single guppy. Oh, and the backside of the Moon.) Would love to see some of the crystalline airships we saw outside a window looking down on a Grecian formula city. (And base statues of the golden Amazons...lovely and much preferable to Superwoman, Owlman and "Mr. I Am a Murderous God!" Superman clone.
    • Like x 2
  11. recoil2 Dedicated Player

"We all float down here georgie, they'll all float!"-penny wise.
    • Like x 2
  12. Eve YouTuber

My all time favorite horror movie. Well, next to Silent Hill. lol
    • Like x 1
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
  14. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

If we can swim in that Lair we need living shark base item pets :D
  15. Qyonk Level 30

One word: mythical. I got the atmospheric feeling like Arabian night thing.
  16. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yaaaay more aquaman stuff. Bring it all on, I say!
  17. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Why all the rage? Don't like the Atlantean base, then don't use it. Easy.
    • Like x 3
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I not so secretly hope the next TC is Atlantean themed. For spite.
    • Like x 1
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

We get it.. for whatever the reason you HATE Aquaman. But you are making it sound like the devs have been shoving him down your throat forever.

First of all let's go back a ways and try to remember that there were countless posts on these forums by players begging for both the water power and, along with several other places including outer space, players were begging for anything under water dealing with Atlantis because they were tired of getting one DLC after another just dealing with parts of Gotham or Metropolis.

Next lets take a quick look back at recent DLCs...

Age of Justice arrived in game in June 2017 and had us battling Vandal Savage (again) and helping the JSA not a hint of Aquaman in there anywhere

Riddles with Crime went live Sept 2017 and we battled Talia al Guhl helping Nightwing and Bat Woman not a single Atlantian troop to be found anywhere

Earth Three was next and arrived on line Nov 2017 and we helped the Earth 3 version of Lex Luthor battle the Crime Syndicate Not even sure if Atlantis exists on that Earth and if so it was never mentioned once

Deluge went live in March 2018 and yes we helped mostly Mera battle Starro although Aquaman does show up in some of the missions. YES it is an expanded version of the event with a solo challenge and a new raid added to the total content

Titan Island began in July 2018 and we helped the Titan battle Slade Wilson and Terra. Its on an Island but we never hear a peep out of Arthur or Mera. Mostly we just beat on robots and members of the Fearsome 5.

Atlantis arrived as we all know last month (Nov 2018).

So in the past 17 months we have had 6 new DLCs and only two of them have had anything to do with Aquaman. Now in between the brand new Titan content and the Atlantis DLC we also got Death of Superman 1,2 and 3 starting in August. So that was three months of Superman and Doomsday. That hardly seems like having nothing but Aquaman forced down out throats Now while it is true we had a whole two DLCs involing him this year they were 8 months apart and we had the Teen Titan and Death of Superman content in between. In a couple months, if things continue the way they have been, we should be getting another new DLC and I am relatively sure it will not be about Atlantis... Could be more on the Titans or some thing completely new.

Keep in mind that Daybreak and DCUO are still working with DC Comics and the WB. And we got teen titans and then.. the new DC website arrived and we now have s streaming live action version of the Titans on there. Atlantis came out in November and gee the live action movie Aquaman hits the theater in December. Look back a ways in game and we had a whole episode devoted to Rip Hunter and time travel and DC/WB has the Legends playing on the CW and look back a little further and is it at all possible we got the Demon Pit and Demon Plan with Black Canary and the Green Arrow because ARROW was and still is playing on the CW? Shazam is due out next year.. think MAYBE we will get a DLC revolving around him? Because I could see it happening.

So you are livid because we finally, after years of begging here on the forums, got a new style of lair. Who is to say if it is a success we won;t see even more in the future? Personally I'd love a style based on some of the stuff we have seen in game concerning OA and the Green Lantern.
    • Like x 1
  20. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Idk how anyone can say there's too much Aquaman when he spends most of the time afk/presumed dead, while Ocean Master cuts his grass.