Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. WildcatHunter Committed Player

I didn't take in to acct the other dmg fury does I was just looking at the big hit in duo I had normally 15k now it's 17k. Still having trouble with fury getting hung up with npcs in duo although it isn't real bad.
  2. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Lol. It was just to throw that out there ;)
  3. Absolix Loyal Player

OK with the update including a change making it that the Fury is summoned with no power, it turns out this affected Grand Summoning's Fury as well. Good news is that there is a fix for it on test.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...er-hotfix-august-18-2015.258547/#post-3382011
    Powers
    Sorcery
    • Grand Summoning: The Fury summoned by the Grand Summoning supercharge again spawns with a full Power pool.

Hopefully it won't take long to hit live.
  4. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

quick questions, what is the best way to mod for sorcery DPS?

how is sorcery doing now that they buffed the pet again?
    Also, what is the best weapon to use and loadout/rotation to capitalize best with fury??
  5. WildcatHunter Committed Player

a balanced build leaning towards precision gives me the best numbers. prec/might in reds prec/power yellow and prec/health blues
    as for loadout mine probably isnt the best but i prefer cod, wod, shards of life, soulwell, offering, fury. i use 2h thats why wod is in my loadout if you use dw you could drop it for transmute grand summoning could also find a spot in your loadout although i tend to use it more in content with no heal or troller but it will do good dmg when that hotfix rolls around.
  6. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I honestly go full might.
    I destroy with it.
    do it how you want man.
    • Like x 1
  7. Absolix Loyal Player

Modding changes depending on whether you are using ranged weapon combos or melee combos. For even the strongest ranged combos aren't quite strong enough to out do Sorcery's DoT stacking, so a balanced build favoring Might for the non-red color mod slots works well. If you are gutsy, you can use weapon combos like Haymaker, Smoke Bomb, Dual Flurry, and Handspring Kick which are strong enough to make changing to Precision for non-red color slot mods a good choice
  8. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

also, can someone explain how exactly the sorcery power regen works? cast offering and get regen faster for the next 2 powers casted from the summoning tree and from WoD/Circle??

i dont get it really
    • Like x 1
  9. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

That's it. Cast. Offering do aweapon combo and clip trans shard or whatever summoning power use 1 more power before offering and you get that power regenerated. As long as you only use 2 powers between offerings you won't need a troll. My rotation with a troll fits 4-5 powers without a troll I just drop a soul well and use wod.
  10. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I also go full might. I tried mixed leaning precision and honestly the small increase in weapon damage wasnt enough. I tried mixed leaning might abd saw more of an incRease. I went full might and really see the difference.

Sorcery does way too much might damage. Abd the closest tHing we have to a buff is a might proc added to weapon damage.

Here's what you can do. Goto the league Hall dummies abd run you rotation unmodded a few times with the parser. Drink flex abd repeat. Drink nitro and repeat. If they Are similar balance mod. If one is considerably greater mod towards that
  11. Xibo Loyal Player

Tomorrow I will do 2 tests: 1 with full might and 1 with full precision and show here my parses so that we can compare both damages.
  12. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Results may vary from me to you. There are alot of factors at play. What weapon you use, what combo, how consistent your combos are. What loadout you use. There is no cut and dry best cookie cutter loadout for sorcery. But please I'm curious of your results
    • Like x 1
  13. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Well this is my 2 loadouts I use with the AM

The video was part of some Tunso testing, so I have no mods, but I would mod Prec and might for the reds, then prec/power and might and health for example.

After a checking it out on combat log analzier you do about 50/50 might damage and precision so a balanced modding I think would be just the best way to go. Same for the skill point spec.
    • Like x 1
  14. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Were there multiple loadouts? I only saw one.

15. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

The first part of the video is 1, then the second part is another 1, one with transmutation and another one with soul well.
  16. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I c I missed the switch
  17. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Hey great vid. Two questions: one why not use wod in your transmute loadout which I'm assuming is your add loadout? Two is HB preference say over 2h?
  18. Absolix Loyal Player

The video was a part of Tunso testing which requires people to use nonWM combos.
    • Like x 1
  19. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Hb scissor kick /solar flare clip is great with sorcery. 2h wm is still useable and a decent alternative to hb but hb i's faster with the cdps.
    • Like x 1
  20. DarthSizzle Dedicated Player

Oh ok ty for response