Nova's Magic Mastery Guide to Sorcery

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Whizzkid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Elusian Crowd Control

I can only give away what one of our Sorc Healers told me. Speed Cat tested it out and he felt its a good addition on popping an extra heal on the Tank when having the Ravager up but havent tested it myself yet. Tbh. just give it a go and see whats happening. I tihnk he replaced Offering for that.
  2. Anti Bezz New Player

Was thinking taking out Soul Well if anything. Offering is just to nice of a 4 person (should be 8) quick HoT, and when the initial crits its usually always well above 3-4k for me at least. I think with CoP and being able to clip either SoL or Off with Rejuv would be perfectly fine for Rav. My usual loadout is SW, CoP, Tranny, Off, Rejuv, BoS. Speed feat with this and eo a few times I did heal. Haven't had a problem, but the only thing is trying to get both SoL and Off with a spec :/
  3. Clutch Committed Player

I agree with the other poster. It's a good heal for the tank. It gives 1 big heal followed by a few smaller ones. The rest of your team usually won't be close enough to the target to benefit from the heal though. Really wish it had more range
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Solo heal on Nexus last night. Tried using Watcher for the first fight because I didn't know how strong my tank was. It died too much and I knew I was going to switch it out on the hallways anyway. I went with Rejuv, CoP, SO, IoR, Boon and SW. SO might have been a bit of overkill and I should have tried to use Soul Siphon clipped with IoR but didn't think to change out until after. My healer was Celestial but I switched to Sorcery before entering figuring I would need a bit more proactive healing than reactive healing and I'm glad I did.
  5. winter13 New Player

The tics are small, but its nice having that extra hot.
  6. Echephyle New Player

Whizzkid is it possible for you to update the first couple pages with the new revamp info?

Sorcery is a different animal now
  7. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I am now. Sorry for the delay and lack of updates guys, I've been very busy with the holidays traveling and all. I am updating the guide now for those who wish to view and/or learn.
    • Like x 3
  8. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Everything is officially updated with current information, loadouts and data. I should also note:

• Soul Well does indeed activate Escalating Might, though it's a bit odd how it works. It triggers Escalating Might for every new Target it hits even after it's cast. So, if a new target walks into the AoE of Soul Well, it will activate Escalating Might again.
    • Shard of Life does NOT activate Escalating Might. This may be a bug because in DPS role it is a harmful power so it should trigger Escalating Might like Transmutation does.
    • Fury seems to be broken. It is the least aggressive of the three pets and at times does nothing at all. This may be a bug as well.
    • Like x 1
  9. Villain Level 30

I’m currently a t4/t5 mix 93 cr 100% healer. Running Rejuv, soul well, boon, cop, trans, and ior. After reading the guide i see offering is a must, and watcher i dont know the consensus. rejuv, cop, trans, and boon are there to stay so for a 100% healer about to go full t5 soon which should be my last two. watcher/offering or ior/soul well, or another mixture. I dont know. thanks for help.

nvm. will use watcher/offering
  10. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

You can use either combination but the watcher tends to die a bit in T5 raids, due to it's tanking nature, that's why I personally opt out of using it. IoR/Soul Well would be more beneficial in Nexus and T5 operations as there are more adds to benefit from Soul Well's healing procs and there are a lot of points where multiple allies take damage. I would personally run IoR and Offering because the Watcher dies often and Soul Well isn't very useful where there are no adds to kill i.e Boss fights.
  11. Echephyle New Player

12. Echephyle New Player

13. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Yea, I thought it was pretty interesting. It procs the Escalating Might for each new enemy it touches. So, one proc per enemy as they step into it's AoE. If Shard gets adjusted to spread Bad Karma then that would make things go a lot smoother and increase damage output. It would also allow for one to completely exchange Soul Siphon with Transmutation as well.
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

• Shouldn't the PvP Breakout Trinket be taken out of this list, as it is no longer usable in PvE?
  15. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Yes and thank you for pointing that out :).
  16. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

It should also be noted that for anyone that desires to use Soul Storm, it can be jump-cancelled for full damage after about a second into the animation. ;)
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

for the T5 alerts, IoR can be tough to pull off without a tank so Watcher can work and SO would but just as effective as IoR for four people. Don't be afraid to switch loadouts. When facing Bruce and Thomas, SO would be one of my go-to's because the bosses jump around and make the Circle nearly useless. You can keep the Watcher for the most of the alert and it's ok if it dies. I would probably go with SW for most of BiA with keeping SO in loadout. Some of the T5a don't have good applications of CoP.
  18. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

The Circle would only ever become useless if you had to stay in them for the entire duration to get full heals. Even if the bosses do move around the circle should always be able to reach a majority of the players especially in the small boss rooms.
    • Like x 1
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Oh, I know you don't have to stand in a Circle constantly to get to the heals, however sometimes getting to the Circle can be problematic.
  20. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I understand. At least it's not so bad anymore since we have a variety of healing options to choose from. I generally leave the Circle for the Tank and/or nearby melee DPS's anyways. :D