Nexus of Reality Raid Guide - Odyssey

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Mitchell, May 11, 2013.

1. Objeckt Well-Known Player

No skull. Only skull villains get is for inevitable attack. Just gotta be aware of when he teleports and if he's on you, roll away in time.
  2. Objeckt Well-Known Player

I also prefer ninja in the last room because atleast he only one shots one person rather than steam who can mortar a whole side of the room.
  3. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Anyone have any tips on fighting ninja in the drone/pull room?

Everytime we get him in here it results in wipe after wipe. We keep him debuffed both def and dmg constantly since he likes to jump away from the drone before it blows, but we can't seem to get him down.

This is the only part of the raid my league has issues with and only when ninja is in this room. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you.
  4. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

my group still can't seem to crack the code of the shields and the one shots, we had better luck changing to 2 tanks as far as surviving multiple phases but we just can't seem to figure out the best strategy for solo tank and the shields

can people post what your groups are doing (successfully) as far as the 2 shields and who goes where and ect.
  5. Lights Derp Loyal Player

We have the tank do his thing at the stairs. The first shield goes to the left of the stairs when the second shield spawn everyone goes to the first shield and the person with the second goes to the tank and blocks.
  6. Mitchell New Player

tanking in the center

First shield goes to the stairs, everyone apart from the tank slowly moves towards the stairs
    Second shield moves within lunging/rolling distance of the tank, group moves closer to the first shield at the stairs
    when the main boss does his tell and the red skull pops up, everyone except the tank moves into the first shield. person with the second shield rolls/lunges into the tank and blocks.
    soon as the attack is over everyone needs to scatter

tanking to the side

First shield goes to the center of the room, everyone apart from the tank slowly moves towards the scenter
    Second shield moves within lunging/rolling distance of the tank, group moves closer to the first shield at the center
    when the main boss does his tell and the red skull pops up, everyone except the tank moves into the first shield. person with the second shield rolls/lunges into the tank and blocks.
    soon as the attack is over everyone needs to scatter

tips

dont crowd round the first shield to early, as AoEs will murder the group
    second shield posistioning is key, dont get killed by the other bosses
    once you see the second shield you have around 5 seconds before the attack
  7. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

All I can tell you is he's a Richard.

The idea is basically when he jumps to someone's back, roll to the side, always leaving a direct path for ninja to go back to the tank. Also don't spread out too much, closer you are packed the less likely ninja is to be out of attack range of people so he'll die quicker.

Also our standard plan is fight in the center, not anymore with ninja. With ninja we fight at the blue door. leaving the bot alone unpulled as long as possible only yanking him in if ninja buffs.

What sucks, and doesn't seem to be controllable in any way. Ninja will jump out of the robot's blast avoiding the debuff. Ninja will also often instead of jumping to the back, doing his backflip and then lunging back he'll choose a new target at random. I'll see him jump to the dps on the other side of the room, do his backflip, then jump across the room to lunge me for a 1 shot kill.

He's incredibly frustrating. I can't say we've perfected him, just simply overpowered him. I've had a few very smooth runs on him, but each of those times he did the above once or maybe twice instead of back to back to back only stopping by the tank to give him a high five before jumping to 1 shot someone else. So basically IMO most luck based fight in the game, esp with changes to the reality bubbles.

I haven't attempted the epic odyssey feat yet, but I can tell you I put ninja batman in that room as the most frustrating/difficult thing in the game I've done. I don't think difficult is the right word though because you can do everything right and just fail sometimes.

Now if I'm wrong and there's some secret I'm missing I do hope someone points that out and informs us all :), but until then I'm going to keep wanting to drive to austin to slap some devs everytime we get unlucky there.
    • Like x 1
  8. Whiteroom New Player

Any idea what loadout Stable is using in these vids? What combos he uses?
  9. Sore Steadfast Player

I asked about the debuff sizes and Tunso is going to get back to me on that. I also asked about whether it strips the buff or anything like that. He said he doesn't have the details on hand for that particular NPC. However, the buff debuff system is additive in that a 25% buff followed by a 7% debuff would result in a 18% buff.
  10. TheDark Devoted Player

Yea I really want to hear confirmation/correction on the debuffs from tunso himself. I keep refreshing my page hoping you have news.
    I'm also interested in what he has to say about the buff room.
    Although that room could be an exception, I'm glad to see that what I once mentioned before about the debuff not neutralizing a buff is true assuming the buff a boss gets is not an increase of 5 or 7%. Of course that would mean it does neutralize it.
  11. Sore Steadfast Player

BTW...I don't expect him to get back to me today.
  12. TheDark Devoted Player

find him
    • Like x 1
  13. X hood Well-Known Player

I've seen all your nexus of reality and paradox wave POVs and ... Wow just wow, you guysare the DCUO's justice league version
    • Like x 1
  14. Spaz Frost New Player

Hey Odssey, from one Ice Tank to another, Very nice job man. Just two questions....Have you solo Tanked it yet and if so will there be a video of it??
  15. Spike New Player

T5 raids was solo tanked in first week after released.
  16. Rockfall New Player

Any tips on (solo) tanking General Lex with the drone?

I'm sure most groups are the same - get the tank to stay at the blue door and bring the Lex over there, only moving a little when the drone spawns to get into range to bring him in, while the rest of the group is spread in a semi circle. What I'm finding is that when General teleports I'm encouraged to move to jump on him and try to get his aggro back, rather than moving to within range of a pull and trying to get him that way. Jumping in upsets the team positioning and can cause hassle, so I'm wondering if anyone has any advice.

I wont ask about trying to get General to stay in one spot when the drone is nearly dead lol
  17. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I ahven't done General but he's similar to Ninja. Basically just time the add right (I usually pull in to kill 10s after it spawns), sometimes he'll jump away just agro him with a ranged power and hope he comes back in time to still get debuffed. If not everyone needs to be extra careful and as a tank you can watch for the pull in animation (him leaning back and then raising his hand) and you can hit a cleanse to prevent some people from being pulled.

Overall it's not ideal and you are sometimes going to have to deal with him being buffed, just get that next bot down asap.
  18. Anhur Committed Player

Essentially what JEEBIE said - he'll teleport to a team mate and do a flurry attack then switch to rifle, when he teleports your team needs to keep distance and be behind General Luthor - you don't need to go chasing him down, hit your range pull (move closer if he is out of range) and he'll come back to you.
  19. farm3rb0b Committed Player

Before General teleports he puts that skill above his head and drops a smoke bomb. I believe, and it seems to work this way whenever we run Nexus, that you can hit him with a power right before he teleports and it puts you at the tip of his aggro table. If you get him before he teleports, he should do his flurry and immediately come back to you. I'm sure it's not fail proof as the aggro table could reset while he's gone, but we've yet to have a problem doing this.

The safety net, though, would be to do what JEEBIE and Anhur suggested, and hit him with a ranged power/pull to bring him back to you after he does the 1H flurry.
  20. sheensprayshot New Player

I know you didn't say that part with ill intent...but for those that share that perspective, I think they need to reevaluate that train of thought.

How can one lead without first learning to follow? In martial arts, to be a master, one must be a diligent student for years.

In the military, to make rank and give orders, you must show you can take orders.

In life, you successfully become wise, from applying knowledge from your experiences and the experiences of your teachers.

This is a great guide, and in closing I would much rather take a group where everyone is playing there role,(following instructions) then everyone thinking they have to reinvent the wheel.