Nexus of Reality Raid Guide - Odyssey

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Mitchell, May 11, 2013.

1. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I have questions specific to Professor and Cybernetic Lex

The last 2 runs ive been in, ive been targeted for more then my share of attacks from these 2...The ones im personally having the most trouble avoiding are: Professors single target grenade (initial stun followed by 5000+ damage) and Cybernetics orbital strike

For Professors Grenade I feel like is unavoidable...I see hes looking at me, hit grandeur, start to move, get stunned anyway and die...is there something I can do to avoid it? Is there a certain tell Im missing?

And for Cybernetics orbital, exactly how quick do I have to move out of it? The other night I saw it was under my feet, rolled out and began my stand up animation and THEN got hit with a bunch of damage (I wasnt even the closest to it at that point)...Ive seen some people roll out of it fine, and take 0 damage so im thinking this was more a case of lag then anything else
  2. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

From my own viewpoint it was something like this, if it lands directly under you, if you do not roll out almost instantly you are going to take damage just because 1 roll is often not enough to clear the AOE effect even tho it looks like you did. If it lands near you but not directly on you, I was able to escape almost every time for no damage.
  3. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

We now have a four person split-screen multi-person commentary video guide spectacularmathon for Nexus of Reality.

• Like x 2
  4. Oddpodd Dedicated Player

Nice, much better to see from four perspectives (every role) than just one.
  5. Recurve Apex New Player

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the "Controller POV" video. That boys and girls is how you troll a raid. Your a troller after my own heart Tesseract.
  6. Twisted Titan Committed Player

I don't know if you updated this but Green Lantern's Ring falls under the Ball category.
  7. Purple Ace New Player

I know a lot of people are still struggling with the villain side of the raid, most notably Ninja Batman. Here's our run from my perspective (I was trolling this raid). If you notice we always want a combination of the following 3 Batmans in the final room. A combination of Primal/Steam/GCPD (at least 2 of 3) is optimal because they are the 3 that leave the pocket the least amount. Primal leaves occasionally but not as much as Ninja or Future. If Future or Ninja is the main batman (Ninja is the main one in this run) then we kill 2 of the 3 I listed simply because the burn on them at the end means fewer times the main batman will do his attack. Anyways here you go,

• Like x 3
  8. Anhur Committed Player

Grats folks, nice run!
  9. Byren Well-Known Player

I've added this to the Arkham/bug section here

please vote
  10. Lumb New Player

Can someone help explain who to tank the bosses. I ain't done the raid much and it's mainly been in pugs but I'm struggling. I was on cyber lex and he didn't seem too hard but people want me near that blue door part and also pull the drone but the drone is out of range and I have to move to pull, and sometimes I die. I pop reflect too and try it that way. What I don't get is why not the middle, I'd be able to see better? Is that part the only place you can. Also, when he puts the green stuff down on floor, do I block through it or move?
  11. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

I tell the controllers one of them has to have a pull to get it near me, im not running across the room to get the drone.

As far as the green stuff it depends, if you mean the gas grenade then yes you have to roll out if your ice.
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

We are tanking the boss straight in the middle of the room. Such a) the tank has almost always enough range to pull the drone and b) the group can better spread and leave space between each other due to devastating attacks and dodgeing etc. Works fine everytime.

Just tank where the group can spread the widest but stays in heal range (which is almost everywhere in the control and security room).

The tank location on the last boss will depent on the artifacts mechanics. With damaging shields or bouncy balls around we always tank the bosses at a wall and away from the center. In other cases just right where they stand.
    And again make sure that the group has at least one roll in each direction space to the next player and that they stay in heal range (in the last room its easy to get outside this range, so be aware of it.
  13. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I'm a villain so I can't say for sure what to do wtih lex =).

But, I do have a suggestion for every ice tank. Pull out those immunities. SR/WW are going to be huge. My general tanking situation on my undergeared tank is IS/Reflection, block till reflection is half way off cooldown, BW/SR, block till reflection up, IS/Reflection, block till half of cooldown, WW, block till reflection up, and rotate that. Of course looking at bosses tells and what not I adjust the timing slightly but in general I do that. As gear gets better you have to block less. On the final boss I still say go with that but the sub bosses you have a bit more leeway and at least ninja batman he's jumping all around so I use IS to reapply agro when he's not on me. If I die while blocking I ask the healers what's up becuase they almost always can keep me up while blocking. I usually only die when I get juggled poping a power, using these immunites prevents that and also pvp trinket comes in handy.

Someone posted suggesting GCPD/Primal/Steam on the final boss, and I do like that. But, me and buddies have been thinking that Ninja as phased in isn't bad either. He's pretty weak on the final fight as compared to fighting him in a side room where he can go ape**** on us (sometimes he seems to speed up the use of his specials which sucks, PC here). I wouldn't want him as anything but phased in though as the jumping around slows dps, if he's phased in he's last to die anyways and honestly when it's just the phased in left it's kinda hard to lose unless you have terrible luck or fail at recognizing a bad aura/shield/whatever you call the things that kill everyone around you.

The 3 suggested are still the go to easy ones as they are all tankable, but steam can be a pita requiring people to stick close to avoid the stray mortar shot, and GCPD/Primal do the bad auras quite often which can be troublesome with the white good shield (also sucks if a leaguemate is blue color blind, "you hav the blue shield" "Um that's grey!")
  14. Lumb New Player

Some of that does actually help, thanks. The main problem is the drone with lex, people want me by the door and to pull drone but the drone spawns across the room, and I can't pull from that spot because I'm out of target range and I can die easy if not careful when I try and run to get it. Now if I was in middle of room that shouldn't be a problem, I've done it in middle before but I can't say how easy that is for rest of team. I'm just curious if people do it from middle or near that blue force field. Also the stuff on the floor, was green circles? I was dying quite fast and my instinct is to roll out of it but people were shouting block, which I was lol. It's just confusing. If I had a good idea what was best to do, it shouldn't be a problem really.
  15. Lumb New Player

Ahh so you just tank in middle, that is soo much easier! I just don't get why people want me by force field area.
  16. Schimaera Devoted Player

Just imagine the room. When you tank the boss at the force shield - how many space has everyone to each other and in range to the boss and compare this to the range they have when you stand in the middle.
    But I honestly don't care if other ppl are tanking elsewhere. We do it always this way and never wipe and always take down the boss before reinforcements arrive.

It may look like I have told ya what to do but actually my intention was to tell you how we do it without problems, Lumb.
  17. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Some people want as much room as they can to work with, not thinking about the logistics of the tanking. As you said if you put your tank on one side if something spawns on the other side they can't yank it quickly.

Typically we tank it just slightly off center either with the tanks back towards the entrance (my fav) or towards that blue door. I like the tank having his back towards the entrance so that others don't, mainly because we often have ninja and he does a teleport to your back then doees a backflip and if he does that to someone standing there instead of running into a wall still in range of the tank/dps, he flips into a cut off area from the rest of the team. Kinda more villain based though.

Either way stay basically in the center, and choose a direction you want him to face.

Just to add, try to picture the room from the top. If you tank in the center you cut out a sliver basically center to the door. If you tank at the door the only position that opens up is the center, you gain very little extra room, but in doing so your tank loses the ability to pull all sides of the room.
  18. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Just ask the troll to pull it to you, or the center of the room within your pull range. I do this now and it takes so much pressure off you. often times after it gets pulled it will just sit there and not wonder to much, wait for the break between attacks and yank it in. No wasting reflect or a shield or whatever just to go get the drone.
  19. Purple Ace New Player

I suggested to get those three if possible because they all stay in the pocket which leads to the quickest burn. This translates to less attacks the main batman will do. If your group has three good dps (or 4 if you run solo heal) then honestly batman shouldn't even get off one of his attacks.

In regards to having Ninja in the final room...I have been saying for awhile he is really easy in the last room. It's a great alternative if your group struggles with fighting him by himself. He does not hit as hard in the last room and the only difference is your group has to be aware when he leaves the pocket. Obviously it's optimal if he is the main batman leaving some combination of GCPD/Primal/Steam as the two holograms.
  20. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

The idea behind the semi-circle formation rather than the circle formation (tank goes to one side, group on the other) is so that the tank can turn the boss away from the group. If the boss does a cone attack directed at the tank, the tank will survive....but anyone standing behind him won't. There are a couple of moves the Lexes have that do this, but also a couple of weapon combos slip out to range (overhand throw anyone?)

In the last boss I almost always prefer the tank to be at the forcefield rather than in the centre. With the balls up, they are easier to avoid. With the circles, it is less likely the bosses will end up getting a damage buff. With the adds, they can be CCed whilst away from the tank so they don't get off any counter mechanics.

As for having Ninja in the last room, does he get a skull for his teleport? General does, and it can be very easy to mix up the teleport skull with the inevitability skull - just something you need to be wary of in that last room.