New Stats Clamp

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DeitySupreme, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

It's fustrating as a alt user to quenue up for old content and find myself running with players who can 1 shot everything, this change is only needed for players who don't want to be carried, also may I add, the spamfest for source marks would be insane, they're removing loot locks for that reason, to clamp players from abusing the system.

While you have worked hard for your character to be op at end game, logically it still shouldn't have an effect on a boss like Bizarro since he is pretty op in the Dc universe. ;);)
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

The spamfest for source marks isn't anything new.

We had this system with Marks of Triumph. Marks of Triumph was for every other lower tiered piece of content; while Tier 5 and beyond had their own currencies. The only difference between this system and the Marks of Triumph system is the removal of loot locks and stat-clamping.

People need to quit acting like this stuff is new, it ain't.

"But with no loot locks they'll just spam the easiest stuff indefinitely"-Happened with Replay Badges Bro.

"But the source mark spamfest would be insane." If I may go back to the Marks of Triumph system for a minute.. I don't think anybody did anything outside of Tier 4 and Tier 5 raids because they gave decent enough currency; some people simply aren't gonna run every single piece of content the game offers.

The developers can try that, I can want that; but ultimately.. your still better off getting a league together to run the stuff for feats that you need. Stop calling it abuse, it's a players choice.

People choose to run regular raids instead of elite raids, we don't call that abuse do we?

What they ought to do is put more marks to even out the higher difficulty raids if that's what it turns out to be, structure it exactly like regular and elite content is now.
    • Like x 1
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

And on that note..
    Just see what happens when this stuff gets to test and give it a chance. that's all I ask.

There's far too much panicking over what the outcome will be when nobody knows what it'll be.

Somethings said in here are a given, others not so much.

/Final Reply.
    • Like x 3
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, Panderus replied with the same response. Yep...I say that will actually be a negative thing for anyone wanting to get into the non quick content...especially for difficult feats. Good luck to all of you poor saps. Yes, leagues have an advantage, but if they are building groups, they aren't 'quick queuing' anyway.

But yes...I'll reserve final judgement till after my first few weeks running things post changes. I'm just not holding my breath.
    • Like x 2
  5. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

Someone posted this in the dev page. Not sure if it was posted here, but I think it was a simple solution:

Go forward with Stat Clamping, but create a teleporter to instances that don’t have a stat clamp, where you can simply walk-in. So in other words, if you’re Tier 10, walk into T3 FOS3.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

That would be the best route I can think of as well, that way it gives more incentive for end game players and not become repetitive.
  7. shoegazer Well-Known Player

I didn't say it was over...I just said it's becoming more and more meaningless..I meant it more in reference to SP..and I don't really see a reason to go back and waste a lot more time to get a few points I missed..especially because those points aren't worth what they were before

If you read the first part of my post it's about staying at endgame..new gear is at endgame, no reason to go back...if it's just gonna be all about gear then that's even less time I'll be spending in game...

I've been playing since 2012..I PUG everything..I roll solo..not in a league..I gave up on this community years ago..and I haven't seen anything in game or on this forum that makes me think the community is any better.. like your mmos just aren't for you comment..I get what an MMO is..but I don't know why I shouldn't stilI be able to play it on my own because the majority of the community are a-holes..I mostly play endgame content at this point anyways..and there's enough a-holes there as it is..but it was nice to be able to progress and go back and be able to slam **** that was a pain in the *** at level..like DWF...and get some feats I missed..and not being clamped makes something like KO'ing Stompa and Lashina within 12 seconds of each other in HH in a PUG group a hell of a lot easier...and being able to do that felt like progression meant something..but if you factor in the time it's going to take to do now and the reward for doing it..it's not going to be worth it..stat clamping makes SP worth even less than it was before..PvP Arenas already stat clamped and dead..now all of PvE is going to be stat clamped..the whole game is gonna be stat clamped..so what's the point?..I can already do endgame content no problem.
    • Like x 1
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Feats aren’t supposed to be about just killing something ASAP and getting it. That’s not what feats mean. They are supposed to be… feats. You did something meaning full you get extra stats. Even now skill points are the determining factor they once were. So this won’t change how impactful feats are. Why should you even be able to kill a raid boss in 2 shots anyways? These are iconic characters within the dc comics. If this feature was in the game from the start it wouldn’t be a big deal. But because they are adding it now it means the sky is falling. Games need to change and adapt to stay open.
  9. shoegazer Well-Known Player

Dude, you're talking to me like I don't have two thousand something feats in this game..

I should be able to kill older raid bosses with two shots because I've played this game for 9+ years and put in the time and effort to amass 2,000+ feats and the SP that comes along with it..along with everything else I've acquired over that time

But it wasn't in the game from the start was it?..so you can make comments like that all you want but it doesn't mean anything..it wasn't a feature at the start and hasn't been for over a decade
    • Like x 1
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So by that standards that the game just shouldn’t be changed ever. That’s a very simple minded view point.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

For sure people will stop reporting them.
    • Like x 2
  12. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I just don't think it makes sense for this game. There isn't enough players to get reasonably fast older queues as it is. Being nerfed for this old content might make it more fun, but it's also going to require more time and effort so people are more likely to hesitate to queue in. Not to mention... This an incredibly lazy community. Most people sit around the watchtower and duel or otherwise waste time. I have a feeling it's just going to discourage them from even bothering.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Age certainly hasn't mellowed out my opinion, I'm as heavily opposed to stat clamping today as I was yesterday.

I worry what they're doing is a terrible mistake, I'm happy and hopeful to be proven wrong, but I still think at this point in time it is fraught with immense risk.

In every aspect of potential it has to revitalize this game it has the equal potential to absolutely destroy it, I say this not without precedent and experience. I used to actually quite enjoy SwTOR, but a few years back they brought in level syncing, which capped you forever to the max level of that contents relevancy making the experience of leveling absolutely futile and turning the experience sour.

Ive watched the population of that game plummet since and its clear to see it in that game too because it transparently displays population numbers its evidenced as well by server merge after server merge following that update.

Stat clamping if done incorrectly has massive potential not only to go badly, but really badly and I mean it.

I hope the devs get this right because if they don't I cannot understate the potential it has to really damage their game, but I'm sure they themselves already know this without me saying so.

The reason I'm not giving passionate feedback in opposition is not because my view has mellowed, but because there's a level of futility in doing so.

I don't say this to be disparaging towards the developers that isn't my intent, nor is it to be disparaging towards anyone that likes this change or supports clamping, but I don't think they're really that interested in opposing feedback, not because the devs are bad or that they don't listen, they do, just that they've already gone too far, the extent of work they've put in to this evidenced by the art and fact we're not even getting a real DLC should make that point abundantly obvious.

At this point they're trying it no matter what any of us think and it will be a journey we're all having to take with them, again I can only hope that they get it right, because they need to be entirely cognizant of the fact there is a fine line between protecting content from trivialization and trivializing a player's feeling of meaningful progression, which SWTOR shows how exactly you can do it wrong. :)
    • Like x 4
  14. Proxystar #Perception

I won't need to keep your HOD chair warm, you won't leave it, you never do :p
    • Like x 1
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Here's a reason. From the announcement:

Play the whole game. Earn rewards. A few more important notes:
    • Not-end-game content will always offer full Source Marks rewards.
    • Not-end-game content will stat clamp you down so the content isn't completely trivial.
    • End-game content will no longer reward Source Marks.
    Granted, if the image in the announcement showing off what they have in mind for the On Duty tab is correct, completing certain objectives in endgame content might reward you Source Marks. But it was labeled as a mock-up so that might not be an option in the end.
    [IMG]
    Chances are better-than-decent that we wouldn't be getting Source Marks from all content that isn't considered end-game if they hadn't clamped things. So maybe now would be the time to figure out what content you liked running in the past and are willing to engage in again to get Source Marks instead of, well, what you've been doing.
    • Like x 1
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

You guys can sit in chairs?!!?!

HACKS!!!! :D
    • Like x 2
  17. Proxystar #Perception

I do tend to agree with this and its the biggest concern.

The instances that will pop will remain active are those that provide exclusive rewards PANe, ZOOe

And whatever content ends up providing the most efficient means to farm source marks

I think in order to maximize efficiency people will also where possible now farm source marks within league runs or LFG

I think there's probably an unrealistic expectation from some this will help blind queuing through On Duty it is exactly that aspect this change stands to negatively impact the most when more experienced players choose they don't want to deal with the most unpredictable random group encounter.

Even if you take me as an example, I've been around 10 years, I've got 627SP, I will however still need to be in old content for source marks, but ask yourself this, taking me as an example what do you think me and people like me are more likely to do now, blind queue on duty or run with friends I know or league mates because I want to be as efficient as possible, even moreso if I'm maximizing my time.

That was previously achievable in unclamped blind queue, depending on how this shakes it that will no longer be possible through on duty, for that reason you're exactly right, there's a significant risk that players like me will all but abandon the blind queuing feature not because we despise the newer players but because as much as we might see running it as fun we're also significantly interested in being optimal and efficient, clamped on duty just doesn't offer that.
    • Like x 2
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Come on dude, no, you can't start doing that, because people don't want to run the old content you do, that is a slippery slope indeed.

That's not the answer, the real answer is to make sure you don't make the content so demanding that people choose to abandon the randomness of on duty because of the difficulty it poses based in the time v reward equation
    • Like x 4
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Its an emote trinket ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. shoegazer Well-Known Player

How many Source Marks do endgame players really need at this point?

what I've been doing is working...what I'm not going to do now that I'm home is play DCUO.. Anyways, done talking about it.. pretty disgusted right now
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.