New Stats Clamp

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DeitySupreme, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the solowing Steadfast Player

What they are doing is making all the content relevant all the time
    • Like x 4
  2. zNot Loyal Player

Yea and imagine having to balance every single duo alert raid and the amount of time it takes them to do this lol
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I was thinking you'd be one of the happiest with this being done to the game. We can all go into dox and nexus and all those other raids you use as benchmarks and they'll have relevant rewards and be hard to complete yet again. Even if we're not fully clamped, those raids will be tough on plenty of groups.
    • Like x 6
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

Dont worry, ill hold your raid spot, keep my HoD chair warm for me;)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

They arnt tweaking the instance values, they are tweaking our values.
    • Like x 2
  6. zNot Loyal Player

I dont think it will be nearly as difficult as it used to betherefor im not expecting a challenge from stat clamp for any raid but what worries me is that they will spend so much time on this and the actual episode will fall short - i personally like to focus on the newest elite raids not old ones that i played hundreds of times
    • Like x 1
  7. zNot Loyal Player

It still seems abit not needed especially with the issues the game has regarding episodes, i was hoping for generally bigger episodes with deep longterm content and high difficulty possibly a new progression system there but not old content making them relevant to this degree is overkill imo
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

This is the first episode to come out with the new changes. It's an outlier in the fact that it will consist of old content being upscaled. We don't know how long they've been working on all these changes behind the scenes. This could have been going on for the past year for all we know. All we can do about stuff like that is speculate. The episode that follows this will be the first that has been built with all the new features in mind, so we won't start seeing the full effects of all of this until that episode at the very earliest, in my opinion. Mepps said that we will return to more traditional episodes after this upcoming one.
    • Like x 3
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Gotcha. I'm pretty confident we aren't getting anything new except dailies with this incoming episode. They did mention that they were still planning on increasing difficulty so we'll just have to wait till fall/ winter to see. Probably October.

In the meantime, this needs support. We have time to increase the populations ability to learn mechanics, we get to teach instead of chastising or kicking. I'm excited and thinking if we do our part that we could add a lot of new players to the game and maybe even get some back. My only suggestion to all this is to maybe skip on gear upgrades and let everyone catch up and concentrate on other things for the time being. Grind things that can boost other stats or use it to level augs and artis.

But we've got the opportunity to make this a good thing and preemptive negativity isn't going to help. At least not till it's just pure speculation

Edit: this should also greatly increase new players and even the younger toons ability to get sp. Yeah, it's easier to do over geared but completely possible at content so now this should have ques popping on stuff that would never usually pop and random feats will happen due to it
    • Like x 1
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

That can come eventually, but this is fixing a big fundamental issue of the game, giving life to outdated content. So DLC content wont just die after 3 cycles of new releases.
    • Like x 5
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Okay, one down.

Now.. where's solowing? lolololol

Edit: He's here XD.

Nah I'm very willing to accept this as a trade off. I just want my old content back and to be rewarding for completing it.

If I have to put up with random people tryna learn through trial and error, I'll do it.

I've been out of the game, so when I do come back I'm running things completely RAW.

So..watchout to all of yall, because yall might have to carry a noob that exists on the forums...:D

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  12. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I'm actually pleasantly surprised to see the amount of people in support of this. I am 100% in that boat. Most of the complaints I have seen are from max-CR folks. An experience from a returning player, for those folks -

Some league mates and I have been revisiting the game lately. We queued some old raids over the weekend for nostalgia. We get one or two 300+ CR peeps in the group with us, everyone else is in the 100/low 200 CR range. Adds barely have time to form on the screen, bosses are down before you ever see a mechanic.

Some folks are going to say that the low levels should be thanking those endgame folks for carrying them through an easy clear. I just can't get on board that train. What did the other 6 or 7 people in that group learn? Nothing. No idea about possible mechanics, which often show up in other content. No idea how their rotation or setup fares against enemies at their level. The pugs at endgame that aren't sure what they're doing? Probably leveled up in some groups like that.
    • Like x 4
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

Since 2014... Since 2014!!!
    [IMG]
    (i actually cheered reeding the announcement thread xD)
  14. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

It's counter intuitive right. The game was designed off of gear/stats chase, with the newest instance offer some bump of prec/might/resto...etc.

If Devs are afraid of over stat inflation where older content is quickly curb stomp, Devs could ease on the stat increase per new episode. But that wouldn't look as sexy if you grind the new gears and the stats only give a small increase.

The illusion of having nice stats is breaking down. The reason why people used to prefer things like SP over gear stats, is SP has permanence.

If people want a challenge, they can remove gear. If new toons want a fair experience, that's cool but they would have to do it without the people who want quick/farming. Quick runs are still better than no runs right?; when that queue don't pop; are the pro clampers going to lobby some more?

Nostalgia runs won't be as frequent as what people make it out to be. When that queue don't pop, don't blame the community.
    • Like x 1
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

If all content is relevant reward-wise why wouldn't it pop?
  16. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

Agreed.

It's always frustrating to wipe on newer content, but that frustration has always been tempered with the hope of building up, getting stronger, then going back to dominate.

Now, it looks like frustration may be my new home. I get enough of that without logging into a video game.
    • Like x 2
  17. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

And you don't speak for the community, you only speak on behalf of people who want to continue rofl stomping content and act like the Apocalypse is coming thanks to stat-clamping.

Seriously, If there's one thing I do not get and that's some of yall's" I don't like carrying noobs" Shtick.

You guys put 'Noobs' in between a rock and a hard place. They can't learn from the beginning of the game because yall rather just 1-2-3 boom easy stomp complete the content; they get rewards but without the trial and error that you and everyone else who ran that content prior had to go through. So they get something for nothing essentially.

And if they CR skip and learn at end-game. "OMG, This guy is such a noob; go back to tier 1 and learn your role! Kick him out! I don't wanna carry at end-game!". So what in the name of Zod is the new player supposed to do? They can't learn from the early tiers because yall don't want clamping or don't like the idea of being nerfed to earn marks.

And then they also can't learn at end-game b/c some of yall don't give them a chance to.

"Ques won't pop"-are you sure about that I mean.., seasonal events are stat-clamped and ques for them still pop right? right.
    • Like x 5
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

Arnt their world bosses that you can still 1 shot to your hearts content like Killrogg? Flash, MM?
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sorry, I did not read all responses, so I might rehash something that's already been said.

IMHO, the stat clamping full source runs will have 2 effects...one negative long term and one positive short term.

The negative, long term one - Getting feats. As it stands many people complain about not getting SP due to the fact no one runs old content. YES, having this 'random' queue SHOULD allow people to have a chance at getting into seldom run content but good luck getting a group of randoms to work on a co-ordination feat, and now that things will be clamped (at least if they are clamped much) you will NEED them to do some feats, whereas at this point in time you could always use the LFG 'just need bodies to queue...you can leave after' method. That will likely be taken off the table for many runs if clamping equates to much change. Sure some 'speed' or 'burn' feats might still be doable, but anything requiring co-ordination or 'slow' burn will become more difficult when most of the group is likely queuing just to get some source marks.

The positive, short term one - Source marks...yippie. Ok, so people will pound content for a few weeks or month to pile them on till what.. 5K...10K...20K? Then what? Some select runs like FOS3 might still be on the menu to top off each week, or Paradox Wave if it is still a quick run to the center, but who's going to queue into long slog fests to get 10 source when there are 50 other runs available to get those same marks? Especially when there will be much more chance for failure as groups do not know mechanics, are under geared or just in general are not up to the task of 'real' runs in these old locations? I mean people bail out of Event runs if more than 1 or 2 people die too quick....and there are no wipes in there even AND you get source+ep marks+current gear. So at a point the queues will go back to normal for the less-loved runs, and as mentioned above, a certain level of clamping will make that old content more difficult for the ones who actually need to get in there and are NOT just looking to loot some source marks.

Now...if there were a way to queue up straight AND run unclamped, I see no problem with the added system. However, that does not sound like the case....it's clamped or nothing on 3+ DLC old content.

Hey, I hope I'm wrong. Hopefully this is just the change we needed to revitalize the game....I'm just not holding my breath for that.
    • Like x 2
  20. Magnificent Loyal Player

Most people don't play older content for a "challenge", they play it to steamroll through Feats and get a chance at rare drops. That's why any clamping is bad and irritates the customer base.

What they should do is offer the option of clamping for better rewards and non-clamping for the release-level rewards.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.