New Look for Sorcery Pets

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Plasticman, Feb 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch Committed Player

Sorc has the best looking pets in the game now. Don't be jelly.
    • Like x 6
  2. Bast10n Committed Player

Thank you Dev team for continuing to work with the Sorcery community. Personally I am more interested in the functionality of the pets in GU 34 than a graphic makeover. "you can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig."

That being said I am also in favor of a more neutral pet. I feel the Golem accomplishes that but the Fury favors the Villains. After all, I want to use my powers for Good. Not for evil. A Grim Reaper looking figure doesn't really scream "Here I come to save the day!"

What I would really like to see is the ability to buy skins from the marketplace. I would love for my watcher to look like Skeets or the Tom Bot (minus the Tom). I know it sounds crazy but I wouldn't think twice about spending $50 so that my pets could fit the theme of my toon.

All in all I think this a a good step in the right direction and assurance that our concerns as a community are not falling on deaf ears.
    • Like x 1
  3. Killgasm Well-Known Player

Not new designs. Repurposing of mental's Mass Hysteria form and ice's Ice Elemental form.

Regardless. I'm genuinely excited that these pets could be made useful.
    • Like x 7
  4. Black Prime New Player

I think reguardless of what the do with just the sorcery pets, things wont change. Way back when they lowered the strength of pets and said they would scale with CR. I think they are frozen doing the same damage, healing, ect as they did a year ago. The sorcery revamp came and went with no love to the pets. I think everyone could care less if the look of the pets changed. I think lets say the dps pet for sorcery for example does way less damage than say natures swarm. The guardian, well thats good in a duel because sometimes agro will drop for a second, but it has no health to actually tank. The watcher heals are ok, but the health and ability to stay alive is not there. Same goes for earth pets health and damage, gadgets turret, i mean watch it sometime it is just stupid and cant decide what is the best angle to attack, by the time it does its dead or the damage from it is so slow and weak it is a waste. The iconic robot does no more damage than it did a year ago. How do you say that pets scale with cr when they seem weaker than ever. Lets put the making them pretty fix on hold and lets actually have them scale with our CR.
  5. Raged Page New Player

[IMG]

[IMG]

and then

[IMG]

Hardly even on the same page now as far as looks, watcher does not even look as if it belongs to the same power set/tree...

Can we get a real reason or justification as to why the watcher is not getting a revamped look as well? I mean no where in this thread is it said why other than

and that does not say anything really other then there getting a better look because that's partly why they were not used as much.

As a sorcery player I can tell you the reason people use the watcher pet over the other 2 pets is NOT because of there looks.. Out of the 3 pets and there abilities the watcher is better for most players/play styles and that is why the watcher is the choice sorcery pet 90+% of the time. So again I just can't see why only 2 of the 3 pets are getting revamped and the one pet that gets the most use is not changing when personally the 2 that are getting revamped looked far better then Watcher to begin with ..
    • Like x 11
  6. Bloodartist New Player

Because the watcher as it is is more flavorful than the rest of them put together? It greatly resembles the emerald eye of Ekron, a massively powerful artifact from the DC universe :)

[IMG]

I like watcher as it looks, and I dont know if Im going to like a stoneman with random demonic runes on it or the other.. But anything is better than the previous models for the non-watcher pets. But if they took the watcher away, I would cry havoc.
    • Like x 10
  7. Valsmurf Loyal Player

I take it you'd like Mr Romero, the ART director to work on systems and engineering to make the game more stable right? I'm sure his wonderous artistic skills will be extremely helpful in making the game not crash and getting the psn network to function properly.

Maybe he can improve Brainiac's repair drone looks so that they can go fix things, right? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  8. Horrorshow New Player

I think just making the Watcher's size bigger would please a lot of people. I wonder how Grand Summoning is going to work now.
    • Like x 4
  9. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I'll be honest, these look pretty cool and are much more than I expected. I'm not even mad that the Watcher isn't getting a graphic overhaul. It's not that big of a deal. I am definitely interested in seeing what's in store for GU34. It would be a shame for these new designs to go to waste because the pets remain useless. I am hoping for that one be the case or at the very least, changes to their AI. Great job with this one, guys :D:)!
    • Like x 2
  10. Valsmurf Loyal Player

I agree, making him bigger would be good enough for me. Perhaps give his textures a bit of an upgrade and make him red for villains and i'd be a-ok with it :)
  11. Horrorshow New Player

Lol yeah. I mean the red eye is already in Gotham Wastelands lmao
    • Like x 1
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

These look awesome. I am curious to see the AI improvements. I imagine Fury will work more like Crystal where he gets buffed based on SW being up.
    • Like x 1
  13. Split Voltage New Player

These look awesome. Is this a sign of the visual improvements that Sorcery and Nature (and most of the other powers) need so desperately?
    • Like x 1
  14. WreckingBaII Well-Known Player

But....but....Brick?
    • Like x 4
  15. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Good intentions devs. However, I less concerned of making fury & guardian look visually pretty. A lot others and I care more about the functionality with sorcery DPS-ing. More viable sorcery interactions , less look nice. Awesome pics anyways.
  16. H4ZARDFULL New Player

We healers are always getting cheated out of like the prime helm at the time had the best stats for every role BUT healers it's ridiculous. And with the new content war of the light part 1 like the ring of OP success for healers ONCE again . So can the ring of OP get a restore boost or not?
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

As a Legion of Super-Heroes, any and every incarnation, fan, this has been a concern of mine since day one: I really like the glowing green eyeball, but what on earth will they do if -- and I dearly wish when -- there's an LSH DLC with the Fatal Five and the Empress and her, um, Emerald Eye?

I really wouldn't like to hear that it will never be a concern, though I'm pretty sure, alas, that an answer will include "we have no plans for a DLC using the LSH at this time."

(Combined LSH and Justice Society [utilizing characters and some sets already in the game and under-utilized] DLC following up on Origin Crisis, where a crisis in time sends us hurtling back and forth between Future Metropolis and 1940s Metropolis!)

Otherwise, I have mixed feelings about leaving Watcher untouched: I both like Watcher as it is, but think it still has some room to be glammed up at least a little, and it seems sort of unfair to loyal old Watcher to leave her/him un-improved at all.

As previous mentioned, just a touch larger, at least, would help. As it is I totally lose track of my Watcher in lots of T5 content very quickly, as it zooms off towards the end of its range to mess with some adds. Now, it's true that keeping track of the Watcher isn't remotely vital, and isn't even important, which I grant, but it's not completely useless to have a better idea of where it's hung-up or could use help, either.

As priorities go, yeah, I don't rank improving Watcher's visuals as high, but it would be courteous to our Watchers. ;)
    • Like x 5
  18. Clutch Committed Player

Not all pets are created equal.
  19. Mermaid Dedicated Player

These are beautiful!!! The 1st one looks the best and would have been a perfect watcher! And no Watcher revamp? D: Oh well but these look amazing!! Great Job!!
    • Like x 1
  20. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Well when one is more significant to the others, it deserves to be better looking. Look at those two compared to the Watcher... Seriously? The Watcher has made so much more history than Fury and Guardian combined, it deserves a little more respect.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.