New Look for Sorcery Pets

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Plasticman, Feb 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plasticman Developer

Hi all,

I wanted to take a moment to share with you the updated visuals on the way for Sorcery's Fury and Guardian pets. With Game Update 34, the pets themselves are changing, and we knew the art had to reflect that. From the Art side of the things, the visual goal was a fun challenge. We wanted to give you two very different body type extremes and incorporate compelling Sorcery elements into and embedded within the characters.

We really pushed the animated textures for additional eye candy, as well as added some unique animations. The largest challenge was working within the strict limitations of trying to make something look awesome with a limited palate and animation memory budget. I think the Art Team did a fantastic job in taking the restrictions and creatively creating something very compelling. Take a look!

[IMG]

[IMG]

Best,

Richie Romero
    Art Director
    DC Universe Online
    • Like x 62
  2. TrueOlympus New Player

I'm going sorcery now
    • Like x 14
  3. deltablues New Player

um, so this is awesome.
    • Like x 5
  4. 478874 Dedicated Player

OUTSTANDING!
    • Like x 3
  5. ssJoniFoXss Committed Player

lol....
    • Like x 1
  6. iLLusion New Player

Whoa! Those are excellent!
    • Like x 5
  7. Radium Devoted Player

These are pretty cool indeed, but what do you mean by the pets are changing with GU34? First I've heard lol
  8. Horrorshow New Player

I like it a lot :D Are the new pets going to function any differently?
    • Like x 4
  9. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Oh. My. God. That art is amazing. I absolutely love these designs and I am more than impressed.
    Any word on the Watcher? Or is it just for Guardian and Fury?

Also, how big are they and what are their movements?
    • Like x 4
  10. Tikkun Loyal Player

Dusting off my ex-main. =)
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Watcher is not changing.
    • Like x 12
  12. Horrorshow New Player

I would not mind if they did not touch the Watcher. I would not mind seeing it a little bit bigger.
    • Like x 5
  13. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

May I ask why? I think it's the most used of the three pets. I rarely see people use any pet other than the Watcher after level 30.
    • Like x 11
  14. HeirToThaThrone Committed Player

Gotdangit...was just thinking of switching my healer to Celestial...
  15. danielqpk New Player

Exactly i think its a waste of time to change the least used pets in the whole game...
    Unless they buffed them or altered their effects... it is a waste to be honest.
    • Like x 6
  16. danielqpk New Player

the watcher is staying the same... these two are the DPS pets that are useless... :(
    • Like x 1
  17. HeirToThaThrone Committed Player

Oh, well nevermind then, lol.
    • Like x 1
  18. Tikkun Loyal Player

I agree. I would love to see a Watcher with more personality and style. The current Watcher looks eerily similar to the Eye of Kilrogg in WoW...hate to say it but...almost identical.
    • Like x 3
  19. 478874 Dedicated Player

So these pets are getting their AI revamped too then?
  20. TrueOlympus New Player

The pets should provide crit buff(or might/prec buffs) for the duration that the survive on the battlefield......
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.