New Flight animation

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Hraesvelg, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Hraesvelg Always Right

It's the same pose as the flying forward animation has been, except now you're in the same pose when you fly straight upward, fist extended.
  2. thedemonocus Loyal Player

i like the superman pose when flying up
  3. BlackAdamJSA New Player

Naaah i like the epic hands down, ya look like you own the world. The new animation put my toon in the hospital with a bad case of Whiplash!!!
    • Like x 7
  4. BA Baracus Well-Known Player

I am liking skimming. My only complaint is that when I point my camera up and push super sonic I dont go up. I go forward on the 2 dimensional plane that my characters head is pointing in. Loss of style points ensues when you are standing in mid-air looking all toughguy and then run headlong into an adjacent building at supersonic speed.
  5. GregDawe New Player

+9000 for custom movement modes.

All the way to being able to customizing the boost explosion into a constant flight aura/tail effect.
    Even if your equipped aura was being left behind almost as you travel.

the "accessories" tab needs a rework...I'd love an online program site where we can imprint our own "accessory" that incorporates aura, flight style, flight effect, weapon skin ect. and upload it to the game.
    Obviously run by the game so the element on the site are controlled by DC to avoid copyright issues.

I would love to have my Green Mist Aura, with a Green Electrical explosion for boost animation, Hands streamline by side for Flight style and a Green Energy Tech katana.
    Rinse repeat for Red, Violet, Yellow and blue.

(streamline hands by side)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. Trial 1 New Player

I know I'm new here and all but, is it normal for them to fix things that aren't broken?

I'm noticing that a lot and I'm a bit confused about it.
  7. Will Power Loyal Player

Please note that any movement that a human body does has a reason for the position that the body makes. Remember Skimming is a personal option now the real issue is the Devs coming up with different power visual appearances for the actual Powers for Skimming.

Skimming maybe just the first step in the customizations process there are more movement mode changes to come that's what the Devs said at SOE LIVE 2014. I hope they stay true to there plans. However look how long it took to get Bases and League Halls to us. I like the Idea that a new player gets all these advantages during there gaming so one day It maybe possible to have so many choices to choose from it would be hard to decide what they want to be.

Posture of Ice Skating which is also same posture for skimming below.
    [IMG]
  8. Will Power Loyal Player

Don't forget Superman does all three version of flight

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    1 hand out for flying to a higher Altitude 2 hands out for flying at supersonic Speeds and 2 hands at sides for a Plummet or Divebomb action.
    • Like x 1
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

I haven't really done much with skimming. I'm talking about the flight animation of flying straight up that had been changed just recently.

For instance, this is the previous fly up animation:

vs the current style (at 50 seconds)

10. Will Power Loyal Player

They look the same to me.
  11. GregDawe New Player

Never forgot hahaha

Just posted an example of a specific style that happened to be of Superman.
  12. Hraesvelg Always Right

When flying straight up in the first video, he doesn't put his fist out. He just sort of floats straight up.
  13. Will Power Loyal Player

That wasn't very amazing it was weak you could go straight up with out any movement it was dumb. The way they got it now is much cooler.
  14. Hraesvelg Always Right

You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is. Subjectivity is fun!
  15. MIGHTYHER0 New Player

Agreed! It looks so awful now. And it wasn't dunb Will, it was Epic!

[IMG]