New Flight animation

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Hraesvelg, Nov 5, 2014.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

check out superiormouse's thread on custome stance selection. Its very impressive
    • Like x 1
  2. Impulsively Committed Player

To each their own. I kind of like the upward fist pose. It makes upward flight feel more active. I had no problem with the prior animation, but I think that the new one is an improvement.
    • Like x 1
  3. Nemisor Committed Player

yeah I noticed this the other day. it really does look awful. bring back the old animation.

also it does this funny little duck dive as you come out of the "straight up" animation that makes it look even sillier.
  4. WonderValkyrie New Player

weird i think the new flight animation looks really cool, it looks heroic.
    • Like x 3
  5. BiackWOLF New Player

Yeah please change it, I was hoping it was a glitch like the epic landing. They did mentioned that was gonna be hot fixed, please add this flight animation to as well. It just feels and looks awful guys?
    • Like x 1
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

Well, bully for the heroes then. You guys can keep it.
  7. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Totally agree, I don't like it.

I was going to comment on this last week but while I was writing it out I got the feeling that this has happened before so I held off.

I'm thinking this happened in 2012 and after a short time it went back normal so this may just be a glitch brought on by the intro of skimming.
  8. xFearMe Active Player

Exactly. Im a villain. . . . .
  9. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I LOVE the new up animation
    • Like x 1
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Love the change they just made to flight.

It is closer to how it used to be.
    • Like x 2
  11. Dezaras Loyal Player

I'm neither for nor against it.

However.

The devs have talked of other movement variants. Now consider that the arm raised ascension matches the traditional flight appearance, but the previous ascension was more akin to arms at waist flight. Maybe the previous animation has only been temporarily removed and may be added to a future arms at waist flight variant.

Just a theory.
  12. Empaladin Well-Known Player

I'm not a big fan of the change as well, but what can I say. I used to be able to "headbutt" with my flight toons before but not anymore. Now it's just "planking" as if I'm stuck to the ground for a good 2 seconds. I miss that.
  13. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

What new animation? I must have not noticed...
    • Like x 1
  14. Benn 10 Committed Player

I love the new flight animation, it makes more sense to fly straight up. The other way looked like you were just levitating in place versus flying.
    • Like x 2
  15. Campor Well-Known Player

Also, no it's not. It's based on Mister Miracle. Static has a single disk. =P
    • Like x 1
  16. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Please change it back. It looks really awkward.
    • Like x 2
  17. Rogue762 New Player

Hey, all of you are missing an important point:

when we wanted to turn/hoover during flight to one side, our character's body would turn with the movement, making it really cool. But now it looks like a bug, if you turn over, your character kind of change direction without any animation (like if they could only fly straight ahead)
  18. Rogue762 New Player

Some people like the new one for flying upwards, but I'm talking about another one. When we wanted to turn/hoover during flight to one side, our character's body would turn with the movement, making it really cool. But now it looks like a bug, if you turn over, your character kind of change direction without any animation (like if they could only fly straight ahead)
  19. Rogue762 New Player

Hey, please fix the flight animation. Some people like the new one for flying upwards, but I'm talking about another one. When we wanted to turn/hoover during flight to one side, our character's body would turn with the movement, making it really cool. But now it looks like a bug, if you turn over, your character kind of change direction without any animation (like if they could only fly straight ahead) Thanks a lot. I really miss flying around swinging when I turnover ^^
  20. Zhire'El New Player

Anyone know where I can get some pictures/videos of this new animation?