New Exclusive Auras and your Favorite Marketplace Items Return in the New Booster Bundle!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 19, 2014.

1. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

I find it amazing that you decided to put all that effort into explaining what one word means.

+1 good sir lol.
    • Like x 1
  2. Steak Sauce New Player

It's my super power!
    • Like x 1
  3. TankKC12 New Player

I think they know. they are just rolling the dice on consumer will.

These auras are being touted as rare finds. They aren't trying to have "everyone just running around" with new auras. that doesn't sound special at all. So they do this lottery thing. make it seem all shiny. there are pros and cons to both. More sales/angry customers from lottery, Less sells/ everyone happy from sure auras. They probably have a target sale number they want and figure to make more $$$ from risky sales than the direct sale of auras

I agree that even if the auras were guaranteed people would buy them in bulk, heck they could even charge $40 / bundle to see how bad you really want them. They instead have decided to risk instant sure fire sales for the idea that someone is crazy enough to buy 5+ of these things just to get one rare aura.And most of the community holds these auras as a luxury and thus it seems like there initial risk is paying off. If people would stop buying these and vote with their wallets I'm sure the inclination to make these a lottery with common auras included would change.
    • Like x 1
  4. Quantum Wolf99 New Player

if they knew why chance a no sale?
  5. Zephyr New Player

Heh, wow... You are so right, because you paid $100+ in real cash to land a couple coveted items, then sold them for ridiculous prices, then exaggerate, if not full-blown lie, about the whole thing, considering it would take longer than 15min. just to group, agree, meet, then trade. And of course, if you didn't want those plasmic auras, it makes perfect sense, why you would pay real money for booster gold kits, until you scored them. That makes so much sense... especially love, how because you "claim" something (and dishonestly, no less) that that null and voids everyone else in the world. Just curious, is the sky blue in your reality?... you know, the one where you're a God and anything that involves you negates the rest of the world in unison.

This is a sleazy marketing tactic that's as dishonest and short-sighted as you... with only a slight alteration to their current concept, they could ensure no one feels complete screwed. Prevent any tainting, whether slight or major, of player loyalties and still pull in quick cash, perhaps even more so, which is the obvious intent of this deal. But, of course, no need to consider that, because someone like thinks it's not beneficial "to you", so screw everyone else.
  6. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Ever noticed how once a thread gets beyond 7 or 8 pages it just becomes pointless bickering and genital comparisons ... no just me ...
    • Like x 5
  7. Zephyr New Player

That is a very well thought out and concise analysis of this package... koodos. Couldn't agree more on all points. The sad part here, is that by just altering it a little bit (say, removing purple & blue auras from the mix... or, adding a consolidation item for those that don't get the plasmics), they could still make their quick cash, "not have any players feel complete screwed", and basically not be sleaze-balls. I said the last time and repeat this time, this is short-sighted non-sense.. it may gain profits now, but the majority that don't get what they wanted will feel slightly and the more they spend, the more slighted they'll feel.

If they want to make more money, they need to spruce up the Brainiac ship beginning of the game... I've brought dozens of players into this game over the years and more than half give up on it quickly (I wasn't impressed at first, either... pushing on, only because I'm a superhero fan). They could make the players more powerful in the ship with a full loadout to play with and more enemies to slaughter, which would certainly help light some fireworks at the start. It could be justified as a power-boost from JLA, while fighting Brainiac, that's taken away, once they defeat the ship. A lot of games actually do this and it works... starting the players off powerful for a short bit, just to wet their whistle and show them what's to come. This would increase profits and stability long-term.
  8. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Don't know why I checked the last pages, but I did. Geez. You are not guaranteed any new aura by purchasing a bundle. Being that there's only 8 available in this bundle, you have exactly a 3 in 8 chance of getting a new aura BEFORE rareness factors in. Your odds are bad.

Funny how this can go on in a thread made by the Devs , but if I mention WM and how much I hate the idea in any other thread it gets closed down so what the heck...WM sucks!!!! You can implement it but don't change the current system, make it an option!

But yeah your chances are bad. If you're not willing to spend upwards of 100$ then you'll probably not get the aura you want.
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Thanks for confirming my post. I appreciate the support. The marketing is fine. You said yourself that it suggests that you may not get the 3 rare auras. Therefore the advertisement is not misleading.

As for the second half of your reply, I have no idea what you're talking about. The marketing clearly states "aura lockbox" which suggests you're going to get an aura in it, no matter what. The marketing makes it quite clear that upon receiving and opening the lockbox, it may contain one of 3 rare auras, exclusive to the bundle. As we've already discussed and you have confirmed, "may" suggests you also "may not" get the items which concluded the sentence. SOE make it quite clear that it's only a chance and not a guarantee.

I have absolutely no idea what you're going on about with regards to the vault tickets or whatever. I never said anything about that or "getting nothing" so I can't comment on your attempt at a rebuttal. I also have no idea what you're talking about with the whole "on purpose" and "by mistake" drivel either. I know it's intentional. My argument is that it isn't misleading and painfully clear exactly what's on offer. I think the only people with a rough life ahead of them are those who can't comprehend a basic marketing sentence. Do me a favour and make sure those people don't put the lottery on. It's only a chance!!! not a guarantee!!!!

Schooled.
  10. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Just for clarification on the defining of May...

Doesn't it say the aura package may include Red or Blue Plasmic Aura or Nimbus Aura?
    It lists three optional outcomes. It never mentions any other auras, and since it lists three possible results, the lack of other results should be innately implied; why else list the three options without listing "other auras" as a possibility?
    If it had said it may include a new, exclusive aura and left it at that, then it would have implied other options because only one option was listed and may indicates more than one possible outcome. A later sentence could have said that the possible new auras are ....

With that said...

I'm not trying to argue with anyone.
    I'm just pointing out the fact that there is more than one way the advertising could be interpreted.
    How you, personally, read an ambiguous message is one of the points of contention.

The other is the fact that gambling (which the aura raffle IS because there is a purchase necessary using real world cash) is a matter of personal values and/or religious beliefs. The latter of these being the main contention that I could see causing problems... other than poor wording... After all, why should I need to compromise my religious beliefs in order to get a nimbus aura? Some people don't want to gamble to get a desirable item and would rather pay cash for said item.
  11. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Vault Tickets...

I just ran the vault...

I received the following:

Jah Kir Helmet --- already have it
    Jah Kir Chest --- already have it
    Jah Kir Boots --- already have it
    Demonic Hands ---- guess what? Already have it
    (all of these items I've received more times than I can count!)

1 singular MoT

and a little cash that went into escrow...

Now: How valuable are Vault Tickets? SOE should pay me real world money to take them, not sell them to me!
    So subtract the cost of the Vault Tickets from the "supposed" value of the bundle twice... (once because there's no way I'd ever pay for them, and again because the only way I'll ever use any is if I'm paid to take them!) Where do we stand now?

Putting Vault Tickets in the bundle with a purple aura? That's like pouring salt on an open wound, kicking a man when he's down, and putting poison in a condemned man's last meal.
  12. Steak Sauce New Player

Although this is kind of cute, it's also juvenile, naive and filled with null statements. Allow me to educate you a little more. Who knows, you might come out of this with a tighter grasp on what I assume is your native language.

Of course they can call it an "aura lockbox", because it (again) may contain one of the auras listed. But (again) the description fails to mention what you get should it not contain one of the auras listed. Do you understand what I just said? That in itself destroys your claim that the description is "painfully clear". On the contrary, it actually is painfully and intentionally vague. Now when you say "I have absolutely no idea what you're going on about with regards to the vault tickets or whatever." I completely believe you. I know that you actually have no idea what I'm talking about, you made that very clear.

The fact (and I hope we can agree that that's a fact) that the description doesn't mention what else could be in that box (apart from the auras listed) is the reason customers forget about the implied "may not", and rightly so. The description doesn't give you alternatives. In that case, there is a total of 1 option: you're guaranteed to get one of the auras listed, because one could argue that that "may" refers to everything before the word "or", and the implied "may not" refers to what's after the "or". Here's the relevant part again:

"[...] and an Aura reward box that may include one of the new Plasmic Auras, or the rare Nimbus Aura, all exclusive to this bundle!"

This part (combined with the lack of explanation of the implied "may not") quite clearly supports that argument. The box may include one of the new Plasmic Auras, or (read: but if that's not the case) the rare Nimbus Aura. It's completely valid to assume that that's what the description means, because, again, there is no mention of the "may not" scenario. That is the misleading part. That is the scam part. That's what frustrates people. Referring to the forums for additional information is an invalid argument. There are literally hundreds of pages on the forums, you can't expect anyone to find this thread and read it.

What the description should've said is this:

AURA LOCKBOX ODDS:

Random normal aura: 95%
    Blue Plasmic: 2%
    Red Plasmic: 2%
    Nimbus: 1%

But that wouldn't generate sales, would it?
    I hope you understand it now.
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Sorry, but I can't read the sentence "[...] and an Aura reward box that may include one of the new Plasmic Auras, or the rare Nimbus Aura, all exclusive to this bundle!" any other way than you will get a box that will contain a random aura and it may be one of the new rare auras exclusive to the bundle.

I'm really surprised that in 2014, there are people out there that need their hands held with marketing like this and need to be told like a small, naive child that they may not get an exclusive aura, but rather one of the pre-existing aura's in the game. I would find it patronising if they told me that an aura lockbox would contain one of the 5 or whatever existing auras and a chance at one of the 3 exclusive auras. I kinda figured that out myself, like a big boy, by the fact that the marketing states you receive an "aura lockbox".

I also really don't know why you continue to explain marketing to me. My argument is that it's not misleading as some people have said. That's all. I don't really care about anything else other than people making ridiculous claims like that when it's blatantly obvious from the descriptions what you get. I jump back to my lottery example. A lottery scratch card doesn't need to explain that you might not win anything or that you may win one of many smaller amounts on it's marketing material. I don't see why this is any different and requires a description that states every item you could potential receive in the aura lockbox.

All I see is people who are extremely disappointed that they blew a lot of money on a bundle they didn't want because they only bought the bundle to try and win an exclusive aura. These people are now digging for any trace of proof that they've been scammed, when the reality is they basically learned the hard way that "chance" doesn't not mean "guaranteed".
    • Like x 1
  14. Steak Sauce New Player

LOL.
    Actually, lottery tickets need to state EXACTLY what you can and can not win. And the odds.
    All I see in your "arguments" are statements, and your personal opinion. All of which is invalid when you're trying to make a point. No explanations.
    None of what I said is a matter of opinion. I have given you possible and valid (and intended!) interpretations of the description on the market place. It's not about being a "naive child" (coming from the guy who thinks that lottery tickets don't require fine print or explanations - haha), it's about scamming people into spending money by being intentionally vague, and that's just not right. Maybe not illegal, but definitely in the "let's take a massive dump on our paying customers" category.

The end.
    • Like x 2
  15. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Lol at you tbh,

anyone with half a brain would know that you don't get a guaranteed aura.. Doesn't seem like a scam to me, they offer a product and people buy it. Just by reading it once you know that you get a chance.

No offence but "let's take a massive dump on our paying customers" is not at all what they are doing. They aren't forcing you to buy anything.
    • Like x 1
  16. Steak Sauce New Player

Aaaand there's the "they're not forcing you"-pseudo-argument. Was only a matter of time, I suppose. That's so far besides the point that I'm not sure you understand what any of this is about. No one forces you to buy anything, ever. Duh. You know what a scam is, right? Or false advertising? Ever heard of any of those terms? That's what this is about. About intentionally vague phrasing to make people want to spend money. Again, no one is forcing anyone, and no one ever made that argument in the first place.

What you and Torikumu blatantly ignore is that the fact that we're even having this discussion is conclusive proof that the wording in the marketplace description is misleading and vague. I rest my case.
    • Like x 1
  17. akaivy Dedicated Player

I'm happy with the extras (vault tickets, etc.) but wish I had gotten something beside purple and dark blue aura. I am not going to fuss about it. That's a chance you take when you select a grab box. It may be an umpopular statement, but i hope one of the next items on their list is to A. either make all auras available via lockboxes or purchasable at a vendor and B. make auras drop more frequently in lockboxes. I have gotten no auras since the plasmic aura was released and I get at least one lockbox a day.
  18. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

I saw this Nissan car commercial the other day where the car was driving and jumps on top of a train....at the bottom of the screen it reads Do Not Attempt. Cars can't jump on trains...why are you surprised?
  19. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Ha I do understand what it's all about hence I don't buy into it. It isn't false advertisement either, random aura implies you will get, well a random aura. I read it the first time and knew exactly what it was.

I do know what a scam is too lol, sounds to me you are a bit sour for some reason. At the end of the day its your choice to buy it or not. If you do and don't get what you want deal with the consequences.

EDIT: nvm deleted my ps cause its off topic
  20. black ice New Player

why i have to buy this Booster Bundle! for what free AURAS! dc for everyone is play the game