New Episode: ATLANTIS!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 8, 2018.

1. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

I don't hesitate to criticize when I see some game mechanics or environments that I don't like.

I really like Atlantis.
    The environment looks great, and it really seems huge when you first get into it.
    The variation on plant life is excellent.
    I like the buildings.
    I enjoy the coloring of the environment in general.

I would, however, like to have seen more warbling through the water at a distance.
    I don't know how it could be done, but it seems like the water is just far too clear especially at a distance in the lighted areas. I do't know if the kind of lay-over thing that goes on with the pollen in Giordano is the way to do it, but something like that with a water warbling effect would have been nice. I do, however, imagine how it could be easily over done and cause the environment to look to busy with all that is going on.

The air bubble columns are cool, but I immediately swam down to look where the bubbles were coming from. A good number of them are just springing strait out of flat rock. Would have been nice to have one of the volcanic vent features (or something) at the base of the ones out in the open.

Disguise and destroy mission - would have like to have seen a similar mechanic with the saluting in the war torn village. If there multiple enemy types in the area having to do a specific sort of reply to each enemy type would be a good variant (aka multiple "powers" to use against each type of enemy).

I don't know if it is just because this is the first underwater environment of this size that I have experienced in a super-hero game or not, but I am really enjoying it.

Thanks for creating Atlantis in DCUO.
  2. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

Or this one?

3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

No, someone specifically mentioned naming their lair "Octopus' Garden" :p
  4. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

:D
  5. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

And,yes.
    But I'm more along this line anyway ..
  6. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

Cause Aquaman is fun..