New Episode: ATLANTIS!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

New Episode: Atlantis

The battle for the throne of Atlantis continues in DC Universe Online’s most exciting episode yet – Atlantis! It is dark times for this once beautiful undersea paradise as Corum Rath looks to take the throne. You’ll need to do everything you can to assist the underground resistance in Atlantis for there to be any chance to save the kingdom.

Atlantis features new daily and weekly Open World missions, a new Solo, Alert, and normal and elite versions of two new Raids!

Earn new feats, discover new collections, earn new gear inspired by Aqualad and Corum Rath, and more! To get started, look for Atlantis in your Mission Journal. Atlantis is free to access for Members.

For a limited time, special event versions of the content will be available to all players level 10+. Look for these event versions in the events tab of your on duty menu.

[IMG]

New Solo – Atlantis: Royal Palace

You have been summoned to the Throne Room of Atlantis as a special guest along with Aquaman, Mera and Ocean Master. Be on your guard though, something is amiss in the great undersea city.
    • Open your On Duty Menu and look for the End-Game version of Atlantis: Royal Palace under Tier 9 of the 1 Player Tab.
    • Combat Rating: 241
    • For the Event Version - look for Atlantis: Royal Palace (Event) in the On Duty Menu under the Events Tab. Minimum Level: 10.
    New Open World Missions: Atlantis

Unrest is spilling onto the streets of Atlantis! Do what you can to aid Mera (Heroes) or Ocean Master (Villains) in the battle to take back the Throne from Corum Rath! Check in with Aqualad, King Shark, and other notable Atlanteans as well for other ways that you can help in the cause!
    • Look for Atlantis in your Warp Menu or use the teleporter in the Watchtower or Hall of Doom (PLEASE
      • NOTE: The Atlantis: Royal Palace Solo needs to be completed before you’ll be able to access Open World Atlantis via teleporter or the Warp Menu, and the first part of the Atlantis pointer mission will need to be completed before Open World missions will unlock).
    • New daily and weekly missions in Atlantis!
    • Minimum Level: 10
    New Alert – Atlantis: Silent School

Join Aqualad and King Shark in infiltrating the shadowy halls of the Silent School on a dangerous quest to recover the Trident of Poseidon. But be wary of the mysterious trick and traps that may await you there!
    • Open your On Duty Menu and look for the End-Game version of Atlantis: Silent School under Tier 9 of the 4 Player Tab.
    • For the Event Version - look for Atlantis: Silent School (Event) in the On Duty Menu under the Events Tab. Minimum Level: 10.
    New Raid and Elite Raid – Atlantis: Crown of Thorns

The time has come to confront Corum Rath! Join Mera and Ocean Master and fight your way through the Crown of Thorns into the heart of the Palace itself!
    • Open your On Duty Menu and look for the End-Game and Elite versions of Atlantis: Crown of Thorns Raid under Expert Tier 9 of the 8 Player Tab.
    • For the Event Version - look for Atlantis: Crown of Thorns (Event) in the On Duty Menu under the Events Tab. Minimum Level: 10.
    New Raid and Elite Raid – Atlantis: The Throne

This is it, the final battle with the deadly usurper himself – Corum Rath! Everyone’s help will be needed in this fight to end his reign and restore Atlantis to its former glory, but be wary, for the mad king may have a big surprise up his sleeve!
    • Open your On Duty Menu and look for the End-Game and Elite versions of Atlantis: The Throne Raid under Expert Tier 9 of the 8 Player Tab.
    • For the Event Version - look for Atlantis: The Throne (Event) in the On Duty Menu under the Events Tab. Minimum Level: 10.
    New Gear, Base Items, Feats and More
    • Earn a new event currency: Rath Crowns!
    • New gear and styles, inspired by Aqualad and Corum Rath!
    • Plus new base items, feats, and more!
    New Artifacts
    • Eye of Gemini
    • Dead King’s Scepter
    • Orb of Arion
    • Manacles of Force

Questions or comments? Join the discussion below!
    • Like x 8
  2. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Can't wait to get home tonight
  3. Eve YouTuber

Can't wait to play. If only EU was up already!
    • Like x 1
  4. Schimaera Devoted Player

EU is up!
  5. XD2 New Player

I'm GOING TO CRUSH ATLANTIS XD
  6. XD2 New Player

Yeah it's ME I'm on the FORUMS
    XD
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

...neat.
  8. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Atlantis is absolutely gorgeous and swimming around it almost feels like playing a new game or a sequel. It’s just so pretty I can’t belive it. Absolutely have outdone yourselves and I haven’t even run the 2 raids yet.

Small complaint: I do wish there was a duo but other than that this episode seems perfect.
    • Like x 2
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

What do Villains get out of this? Or are we forced, again, to help the fish-tickler? o_O
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Play and find out.
    • Like x 4
  11. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Mepps y'all actually gonna get me to spend money on this dlc. Dam.
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Will do, just wanted to know before hand
  13. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I quit my job to play this.
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I hope your supermarket accepts Rath Crowns.
    • Like x 2
  15. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Even the Livestream did not do Atlantis justice.

Ridiculously beautiful, it's also more dangerous than your average Open World area, with multiple levels of threat and enemies that can submarine you from any angle.

Take a bow, devs. :D
    • Like x 1
  16. Maxi Raffa New Player

I cant buy it from steam, please add it!
  17. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

SO worth it!
  18. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Not sure why it is always a chore to get this on Steam. Other games get listed on Steam ahead of time for pre-ordering, and then simply unlock when the release time comes. Why is it that DCUO can't do the same? Even if it unlocked on Steam before the episode was live, wouldn't it just unlock in-game the next time we logged in after the episode went live?
  19. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

NEPTUNE'S BALLS, WHAT A GREAT EPISODE!!!

(by the way did I mention Neptune's balls?)
    • Like x 2
  20. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

The dead king scepter has a typo, Im hoping and assuming... By the part explaining the percentages.. The incremental percentages for combat pet henchmen etc says 0%/0%/10% Im assuming it should be 2%/5%/10 maybe%

And the increase on Ortibal Percentages says 0%/0%/20%.. Im assuming it should be 5%/10%/20% maybe?

Let me know if this is intended to not give us any buff at all for Kings wrath 1 and 2s.