New CR170 Character Advance!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 21, 2018.

1. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Except for people who either can’t afford or aren’t willing to shell out $45 to jump to CR170.
    • Like x 1
  2. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

That's why I wish they left it the same price as cr 100, missed opportunity imo $$$.
  3. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

Thanks for the "announcement" that the event was ending
    :(

When we log into the game, there is this great thing on the launcher that sends gives links about things that are going on.

Listing the dates events and getting a warning on this is great.

not so great is "tweeting".
  4. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

Concordo. DCUO é muito confuso para novos jogadores. Não há explicações sobre o sistema "DPS / tanque / curador / controlador", uma explicação de "CR" e algumas outras coisas. Sem que ninguém se aproveite para explicar a jogabilidade para você ou procurar informações, muitos jogadores tomam decisões erradas na construção de personagens. Isso frustra os jogadores e os afasta.
  5. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

6. NativeOP New Player

Still got the name premium? If so email me at Freeman1998@icloud.com
  7. Disturbia New Player

Okay so... it's $45 to boost up to 170 CR so that "your newly advanced character will be ready to go with everything they might possibly need"... except that you only get 77 skill points? Why the frick should I or anyone else boost there then if by what everyone seems to be saying, I'll just be kicked from all non-solo content for lack of skill points? That seems utterly pointless.

For that matter why should any new players that don't have their entire lives to devote to the game even bother playing at all. If the "elite crowd" is so set on kicking anyone under 200 sp or w/e, it seems like a fundamental problem with the state of the game, leaving only the veterans any room to play and complete content. After all they've had years to casually build up these skill points. Bad design. Bad deal.

Having a game and community where new players would be forced to endlessly grind feats for months till their fingers bleed just to be able to join in on the appropriate level content that they'd have access to after paying for this boost is beyond ridiculous.

I'm not really sure I have a point to this rant, kinda dumbfounded I spose. Since I don't have the time nor physical stamina to play grindy catch-up for months on end 10 hours a day - I guess I'll just go through all the solo stuff as far as I can and avoid any group content like the plague since it's apparently so friggin toxic to new/casual players. I don't need that noise. I'll be sure to let my friends know to steer clear as well, as long as this player enforced SP "requirement" nonsense stays this way and will likely only get worse.
    • Like x 1
  8. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

With a limit of 77sp, yeah, I'd be better off spending that money on replay tokens or on time capsules and make in-game money off of the loot I'd get from that than this. Waste of $45.
    • Like x 2
  9. Black Eneas Active Player

It's 77skill points just added... if you have more skillpoints unlock it should give out more if you don't go earn them it's only 45$ for 170cr and you can run low Pve stuff for feats this is actually a good idea people just don't see the opportunity they get so a lvl 30 with170cr and 77sp is way better than a level 1 character with none of the missions beat with no cr or sp..... more skillpoints??? Why should you get more skill points when I played for 7 years grinding for them paying over 100s of dollars in membership to get them..... so you can just get them for 45$???? Just saying
  10. jokerZwild New Player

Does the increase to 170 CR apply to all your characters or only one?
  11. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Only 1 per Toon. So you would have to use the advance and Pay PER Toon
  12. Pagun8552 New Player

Came here looking for a question I had about advancing to CR170 and the pros and cons of doing so, pretty much found the answer to my confusion (6+ pages... */douces eyeballs with [Visine]*).

I see what you're saying....

If one goes for the "grind" they should end up with earning more skill points than someone that shells $ out to get them closer to 'endgame' (CR170+). In other games that I've played in the past it has (always) been an 'unspoken' golden rule: Grinders prosper.

(SADLY, this is 2018)

(edit) Found myself in a situation where I started as f2p, but ended up pulling the trigger and blew $$ on market coins (G**damn Escrow) and now have more character slots wondering what pros and cons went with creating a character @ CR170.

It's all about the money grab.
  13. DC Urban Committed Player

I missed the free CR boost sale weeks ago, that sucks. I wont even spend that much on WoW's, but they have expansion packs which include the level boost.

Imo, if you have one toon at level 30, you should be able to skip the leveling phase. Or at least sell level up items like CO does. CO sells +1 level up items you can buy which will advance you one level for those annoying grindy levels. Leveling is not hard, just annoying. CR leveling is tolerable because you are working towards something. 1-30 is just a tutorial I wish we could skip.
  14. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

To me jump to 170 is the worst deal in DCUO since you don't get what you need to actually play at CR 170. It only gives the toon 77 sp (should be about 190), only 1 set of armor (so can only play one role), no Marks of Victory (so can't buy base dispenser items), and no Olympian generator mods. I understand what the other poster wrote about buying SP, I just feel that since I paid my dues by grinding out 360 SP I shouldn't have to regrind or spend a massive amount on replay badges if I want to make an alt. Of course I can't see how anyone can really use alts now anyway since it takes so much time to rank up augments & artifacts. I suppose high-XP exobytes will the next thing to hit the marketplace for that purpose.
  15. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Actually what would make sense would be if jump to 170 included all the feats that are currently on your account. That way you wouldn't have to regrind or buy feats with replay badges, and players who have low SP would not get feats they haven't earned. I wonder if that's technically possible?
  16. hazard099 Active Player

its not worth it as it works now not for 45$