New CR170 Character Advance!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Harlequin Devoted Player

It's the macros. MLG Pro stuff.
    • Like x 1
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

nope! feats should never be sold. they should allways get earned...
    well, i was ok with the unlock system for alts, but then TC's happened...
    guess it is ok to grant some like 100 hit combo and barrels feats...
    • Like x 1
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

earn your lpve feats or don't get them :p
  4. TestReporter Loyal Player

No, it would be really bad for the new players buying the bundle and for end-game players. The cr advance is used mostly (if not always) by players who already have a high cr toon and don't want/can't spend time doing the same thing in many toons.

Putting it in the Ultimate Edition bundle means new players with a high cr who didn't play any mission at all. Who are cr 220 spamming dual pistols and staff. First it'll be really bad for them because they'll be kicked many times, second they won't enjoy the lore and the mechanics of the game, third, i don't want to queue with more guys in tank role who asks me: "what is a tank" when we are in the middle of the boss fight.
  5. 0riginal R0CKET Active Player

Putting this in the Ultimate Edition would also give them complete access to lower content. They could go back and get more skill points and experience while playing this content (something that you want).

An investment of $90 dollars in a game tends to make the gamer a bit more serious about playing the game.

Nobody wants to q with a group that doesn't have a clue. And maybe if more high level players would talk and play lower content this would not happen, few bother to talk to the new players,
    • Like x 1
  6. Annamaniac Level 30

Is anyone else getting an error for the update not being able to be installed on their PS4 system? Please help! Any suggestions as to why this is happening? I would apperciate so assitance.
  7. qECLIPSEp Well-Known Player

Mepps, do you plan on giving at least 1 free 170cr advance to Legendary members for a short time? If I remember correctly the last time we got 2 free 100cr advances and it brought older players and new members to the game. As a reward to many of us who have played this game over the years, I think it would be a great gesture, this coming from someone who has played since Beta Testing. #ISURVIVEDTHEHACK
    • Like x 2
  8. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Those were anniversary gifts, so my educated guess is no.
    • Like x 1
  9. qECLIPSEp Well-Known Player

In all reality it's still close to the anniversary and if you count when the game really got up and running after the hack It's close enough. Also would have been nice to have had the life time membership PC players were given the chance to get in the beginning. They spent a one time price of $175 I believe and still today have no more membership fees while PS And now Xbox player pay $125 for a year. So yeah I wouldn't say it's to much to ask considering it's the ones who pay the yearly subscription that would really appreciate it. Nothing personal just a suggestion. If these were released a month sooner it would have been great as one.
    • Like x 2
  10. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

My first thought when i saw that this was becoming available was
    "Well, we're going to have a lot more speedsters wearing Jay's helmet the next few weeks!"
    (We're also going to be having serious toga parties :D )
    I have to be honest, come payday, I will be taking advantage of this option.
    (I've wanted that hat since I first saw someone wearing it on Aquaman's ship in Metropolis Bay during the Atlantean seasonal.)
    • Like x 1
  11. Unida Dedicated Player

$45

lol
    • Like x 1
  12. OmegaMan nWo Level 30

Over
    Priced
    • Like x 1
  13. BatgirlS2 Level 30

The price should be discounted for those who already paid for Amazon Fury III. Not worthy the inclusion of it for the increase in price. The price is too high and if the inclusion of the episode is a bonus, it's even higher.
  14. TRIXTA00001 Well-Known Player

soooo use lfg or run with league/friends.... it`s your choice how you play and who you play with
    • Like x 2
  15. Brav Well-Known Player

I don't think its over priced. It's actually a decent price considering it includes AF3 which alone is $10. The last advance to 100cr with about 60sp was $25.

This new advance is 170cr with a few extra sp (60 + 17 = 77 minus the few we got after revamp which is about 10 more). So you are only looking at a $10 difference while earning 70more cr a few sp and gear, mods, etc, preparing you for the AF3 episode with quite a bit to do.

(I know 77sp isn't much but if allocated right can get the job done. It includes most of the basic feats so any other/additional feats can still be earned by putting in the effort for them while progressing the character more. Most stats come from our gear first, then mods and sp. So it's doable. The effectiveness of the additional stats do help but perhaps should have a little more value than they currently do. That is a different subject though. But with the necessary stats/gear and knowledge of your role plus the mission once you've learned the mechanic, you will be able to complete the content normally within its intentional cr range and difficulty).

AF3 also includes most of the latest catalyst for a rank 120 Artifact. And if you are a member you save 10% which is about $5's off. So you're looking at just the advance (minus the episode) which is about a $30 cost and is only about 5$ more than the last advance cost. If you consider all of this then the price is actually not bad. You would expect a slight increase as the advance option progresses. And the game needs to make money so they added content to it which gives more of an incentive to advance since you will actually have missions to do that are relevant and will help you progress your character even further/closer to end content.

It's all optional so players get to choose. Play end content sooner with friends or later. Your choice but the advance option will be there for those who want it. It's a good way to catch up on some characters and enjoy the newest content without falling/staying to far behind. Including the content with it actually makes it a good deal, especially for new or returning players. This allows them to experience the current progression of the game before they sub, resub, or buy additional content. Having that option gives the player more freedom in choice and that is not bad at all.
    • Like x 2
  16. ThatLivingTroll New Player

17. Owl Devoted Player

One thing to consider is the number of random Amazon Time Capsules it would take to open to get a full set of Shim'Tar gear.
  18. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Is the Shim’Tar gear in the TCs the only way to get that feat?
  19. Brav Well-Known Player

That or the broker and now from the current advancement.
  20. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I don't think it was mentioned, but Shim'tar also counts for the Devine favor feat. So they can start getting OP collections immediately. I'm not sure how much af3 collections are going for, but it is an extra person of the gear they choose for the advance to 170 item.