New Booster Bundle!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 19, 2019.

1. sheriffgoff Level 30

any word on Xmas sale
  2. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Dang...we couldn’t even get a live reveal for these? I usually never bash on you guys, devs; but this was too soon!
  3. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I can honestly say for the first time in a while that I will not be buying any Booster Bundles
    I am not really interested in any of the auras and after the recent Metal Chromas and Powerset Chromas the new metallic ones look bland and unappealing.
    And while it's nice to see a customizable pet, I have no toon it is worth even putting on.
    To me, this BB doesn't feel like it is even worth the effort, but after the economy mess, it does feel rushed.
    I hope there is a worthwhile winter sale coming to offset.
    • Like x 1
  4. TANK69 Well-Known Player

I really appreciate that you had copy paste my comment from thier facebook page. :)
    • Like x 1
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

yay! another pet to clog up the screen!
    • Like x 1
  6. Nodens Dedicated Player

LMAO, yeah, sure they are!!!
    Since Daybreak thinks they get to decide how much THEIR stuff is worth to US, I'll play that game!
    I've got a year-old sock with a hole in the heel that I've decided is worth $10, but I'll let ya have it for $9.00 ;)
    • Like x 1
  7. EconoKnight XIII Legion

lol - I was being sarcastic, but in a way serious.

Experience has taught me to have zero confidence in this dev team to understand marketing and the ways to make the company money. They can’t even figure out how to use the broken economy to make money (i.e. use a vendor based marks / quarks system to give immediate access to items that never dropped through RNG - such a system would encourage replay and stabilizer buys as players would know they’re working toward a sure thing with each buy. Asking players to wait two years for the new hotness just doesn’t maximize the earning potential).
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Did a quick bit of math on this BB and unlike years past where the 'value' of the items inside were worth 10 bucks (arguably), this time....not so much. This has always been the pitch behind BBs, that you are buying the goods at some value, the 'spiff' was a bonus. the math does not add up to that this time.

What's inside (street prices...no discounts...assuming 1000 MPC=10 bucks)
    AND not counting the fact that all this stuff was just on sale, so most likely stocked up if they wanted it then and don't NEED this stuff at full price....
    150 Replay Badges = $5.00
    1 Nth Metal detector = .50 cents
    1 Radar Enhancer = .50 cents (pack of 2 is $1.00)
    1 Proto Repair bot = $1.00 (really, these are a buck? maybe this needs to be looked at too as I've never purchased one and have a stack of 100 now from lockboxes)
    1 vault ticket = .80 cents (pack of 5 is $4.00)

That's $7.80 total + the artifact XP, which there is not a 1000 XP item for sale in the MP. However, as there is a 12,000 XP item for sale at $1.60, 1/12 of that for 1000 XP would be about .13 cents....for a grand total of $7.93 of 'marketplace convenience items'.

The XP pack should have been a 12,000 pack and brought the total to $9.40 at least, or have a 4 pack of SOP at $2.00 to bring the total value to $9.80 at least. Or both of those to get to $11.40 and it really would have been 'over $10 of marketplace convenience items' as opposed to the reality of 'slightly under 8$ of marketplace convenience items which most people would never buy.....like vault tickets and repair bots.'

Not saying you can't market it as 'slightly under $8...' as we all know most are buying the bundle to take a shot at the spiff....just don't lie about the built in value if it's not true, and it's not 'Over $10' this time. I know you guys had your hands full over the last month/weeks, but I'd guess someone there has a calculator?

Reinheld
    • Like x 18
  9. The Con Dedicated Player

AND... "BOOM" goes the dynamite!
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'm not spending a single cent on this game again.
  11. Samantha Christiano Active Player

Nth Metal Detector? Why though? The nth metals rains in the whole game world.
    Replace it with a dionesiums pack or a stabalizer or a seal.
    Something that we can't rain farm.
    • Like x 1
  12. Iama New Player

DCUO Winter Sale 2019!!!! ( this one is kind of like expecting a 5k x-mas bonus and you get a ham because the CEO decides to buy a Yacht.
    Why lie to us?
    Booster Bundle costs 1000 Daybreak Cash (PC) or Marketplace Cash (PS, Xbox, NS), and comes with over $10 of marketplace convenience items. Here's the full list:
    • 150 Replay Badges
    • 1 Artifact 1000 XP Pack
    • 1 Nth Metal Detector
    • 1 Radar Enhancer
    • 1 Proto Repair Bot
    • 1 Vault Ticket
    • Bonus: 1 Booster Reward Box
  13. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

For the first time in a long time i have 0 desire really to play DC right now. Between the broker fiasco, throwing a bundle at us immediately after ( not cool) and the lackluster sale. Im just about all set. I dont even feel like logging in. Definitely not buying any bundles. The game just feels like a mess right now. 2 weeks into a dlc and i dont think i even care about it. Sad.
    • Like x 3
  14. Rainnifer Committed Player

It really is pretty dirty. When I looked at the included items in the "Booster Bundle" it got an out-loud negative reaction from me. Like really? A repair bot? 1 measly nth metal detector and 1k artifact xp? A radar enhancer..? and a vault ticket... which we can run daily and get nothing of use at all. The only "ok" thing is the replay badges.
    The "special" items are always the only reason to buy these bundles, but yet of course they have to have a bit of RNG tied to it. They fill it with simple Recolors of previous items cause the customer base is just so Easy like that apparently, and they make the only unique things the hardest to get, to where on average it may take at least 10 purchases to get.

I have to agree with some of the others here, I was feeling good about their decision for the economy crisis and what they may do going forward, but then immediately they go back to throwing these cheap "bundles" at us like we'd just gobble anything they did up. Which unfortunately is the case for some people.

The only redeeming quality about these things is that the "special" items are always tradeable, and thanks to those who actually buy these things I don't have to miss out on some of the contents cause I'd never buy these packs myself.

Also while I'm here, why a Blue metallic material? They could've done a different color. We already have the blue metallic chroma, blue metal chroma, and caregiver's chroma. All of which has very similar metallic blues. I can't say I'm very surprised though.
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well, I'll still say the other redeeming quality of BBs (besides trade-ability) is that there are no feats inside them...meaning they are truly 'optional'...meaning we can just ignore them. Which, if people are smart they are doing. It's the only way things will ever get better.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  16. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

Soooo...... whens the real xmas sale?
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

On Steam.Com... or Epic Games site... or gog.com... or Humble Bundle... maybe in the PlayStation Store or Xbox Store... take your pick! ;)
    • Like x 1
  18. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

gee that might have actually ment something if my question had been WHERE instead of WHEN.....
    • Like x 1
  19. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Why do we even need repair bots when every mission has a vendor
    & they haven’t updated the vault in like 3 years so most people have everything ( i still try to get the bat gauntlets)

5-6 years ago that accessory woulda been given to legendary members as a gift
    • Like x 1
  20. Elda Mad as a Hatter