New Bonus Event: Legends PvE Extravaganza

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hraesvelg Always Right

So, uh, any chance we can do a little monetization with this? Like, a x10 token that is multiplicative? I'd drop a twenty on it, LOL.
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

At least 2 Flashes from 2 worlds. ;)
    • Like x 2
  3. AZPrime Active Player

As good an idea as this sounds outright, lowering the feats to more manageable levels would be a lot more beneficial to the constant popularity of LPVE content on the whole instead of a sudden surge for just a week.

Right now, you have to run 750 instances per group of characters to complete that group's participation feats (i.e., 25/50/100/250/500/750 Superman-related character runs, each 10 feat points for a total of 60). Multiply that by seven for each group of characters that currently have feats and that means you'd need to run LPVE content 5,250 times to get all those feats. There are also feats for playing as male characters, female characters, heroes, villains and any characters in general that each go up to 1000, but you'd likely complete those naturally while going for the above.

But with this weeklong event, what does that change? For a new player - or an older one who has barely any contribution to these counter feats - instead of running each group's characters 750 times, they only have to do it 75 times, or 525 times for all of them, which is still a lot, and that's in the span of a week. That would mean they would have to concentrate on one group per day every day, and that's on top of doing any necessary combination feats, not to mention the length of some of those instances can be fairly long. And lest we forget, we're getting the summer seasonal this week as well.

What I think would've worked better would've been to keep the open LPVE aspect for the week (all the legends/instances) but had a permanent reduction in the feat requirements (1/5/10/25/50/75 for the character group feats, 1/5/10/25/50/100/250 for the gender/faction specific and overall ones), so while it would still take 525 runs, it could be done over time and with the idea of a realistic, attainable end goal in sight that won't take over a decade to complete if you only do one instance a day.

I'm not saying having a bonus LPVE week was a bad idea; having all the legends available for people who don't own them and all the maps available for people to play what they want/need is great. But without some serious consideration to consolidating the overall LPVE feats to something more easily achievable, all that's going to happen is a week of enthusiastic LPVE spam and then a return to the bone-dry well that is queueing into deserted content.
    • Like x 5
  4. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Any chance this will return in the future
    • Like x 5
  5. Caroline Dedicated Player

Woooo!!!!
    • Like x 1
  6. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I said I wouldn't do this unless it was x10 so Cheers devs for listening to us! :D
  8. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

Never thought I would lpve....until now.
    • Like x 1
  9. 1heory New Player

Will this be available on switch? We were shorted the bonuses from Raid the Universe last week.
  10. Captain Quasar Level 30

So is this gonna be available for Switch? Last event was implied to be for all systems then the day before was stealth updated to say excluding Switch, I'm not the only one that asked in this thread I hope we get an answer @Meeps
  11. Nuclear Winter Well-Known Player

This is outstanding! *happy dance*
  12. Supremo BR Well-Known Player

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally!

Thank you!
  13. Captain Quasar Level 30

I'm gonna just assume it won't be for Switch so I don't get my hopes up
  14. Stranger Well-Known Player

I hope so :rolleyes:
  15. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

The only question that matters here on this whole thread is....”which is the fastest to complete?”
  16. Hal Harper New Player

17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think the general consensus is HOD armory, LOA or Trigon. Personally I think Trigon as long as you have a good group who will blow past adds. The cutscenes pull everyone forward to the fights and most of the time you can leave the adds in the dust. Obviously character choice helps as having a toon with a shield, if a flyer, to blast through is handy. Obviously speedster has it's advantage too.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It means if you have 0 count as say 'Flash' group toons....you run 1 time as Flash, you will now have a 10 count in 'Flash' group. Run 2 times, you will have 20. 75 runs to close the category. Still a daunting task, but much better than running 750 times.
    • Like x 1
  19. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

beat secret wars by an entire multiverse...I have the full series mint straight from mail to bag...do you???
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'll agree the timing with the summer seasonal is bad, if anyone is grinding both this week will be a nightmare. Hopefully the item prices and base item counts aren't too high. I think they could have flipped this week and last and had the 'raid the universe' during the seasonal instead.

Other than that I think this was a good compromise. Lowering the counts would tick off those who actually ground the feats already, and this still means you do need to run the content for the feats(vs just having them 'given' away). I'd guess (and hope) that now that it's coded, the event could come around on occasion every 4 or 5 months too, that remains to be seen. I'm still planning on only hitting the 250 mark, but with all legends and maps open, I'll probably finish off some map feats on an alt account as I'm guessing LFG will be rife with groups running all week.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.