Test Discussion Munitions Power

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Why are you comparing a mobile focused attack AM to advanced interactions AM?
    • Like x 1
  2. zx192 Well-Known Player

Good point, you'r right. just make the power ok for pvp, I like hardlight but not for pvp.
  3. o0Fallou0o Level 30

yea? You must not pvp much or its different in eu. I can get my AM off on nature toon every single encounter. Same with my rage toon I get it off every encounter and when I say encounter I mean every single person I fight multiples of times sometimes I get it off. It's all a matter of a knockdown or immunity simple as that. Not hard to do an AM at all. On USPC tons of peeps spamming AM in arenas and scrims. Yea you get focused but its easy enough when you getting ganged up on and they feed you immunity and you take minimal damage and can hit blocks unanswered and spam am or your team mates then spam it and wipe group focusing you. I pvp daily for several hours open world and arenas its quite easy to get an AM off. No B.S. here just being honest. Furthermore open world its SUPER easy to get off nature AM. It isnt interruptable there. Rage I get off AM probably 60% of my bb's and can wipe someone in one pass of it sometimes and it don't matter how good they are. Nature all I need to do is pop carnage and savage growth into vine and then briar. If I wanna be quick just vine into briar and can still hit 4-7k crits at range with ridic dots on a group. Getting off EMP after distract on my hero on a knock down is EZ. Dont get me started on Cele and HL flyers from the air xD It happens more often than anyone like to admit.
  4. Avian EU Well-Known Player

I do PvP and if it's different in EU then I have to assume that we do it better. Nature is an AM that does work in pvp, both 1v1 and group matches. Rage worked before and it also works now because the AM didn't change much. To make it work you basically just have to keep the combos going and one of the popular combos is Outrage clipped with Chain but keeping it going beyond that is not a great idea unless you want to be countered.

If you are able to farm immunity when you are being ganged then whoever is ganging up on you have absolutely no idea what they are doing.

If it wasn't apparent enough, most of your examples of being able to use AM in PvP are the good ones that I'm actually talking about. Of course getting an EMP/Dart off with Gadget is easy if you use the shortcut to it whether it's distract or stealth. I'm talking about AMs that don't have shortcut solutions or AMs that are easy to keep up. Ice is ridiculously easy to maintain and it gives you possibly the best block breaker there is. On the other hand with munitions you have to use 3 powers in a row just to activate the AM and then keep spamming. You essentially have to use 4 powers in a row to get an enhanced hit and that's not easy when all but one of the are vunerable to lunge.
    • Like x 1
  5. o0Fallou0o Level 30

Well I was mental before nature on the one toon and I got the AM off regularly in 4's and 5's as well and HL too and did it like cake walk and it is easy lungeable. I could also get mental am off after a knockdown in 1v1. I have friends who melt entire groups with cele and HL pretty regularly. As far as getting immunity in groups its not hard just lunge at randoms in the group attacking you to farm a counter/knockdown. I can wipe 4 or 5 people at once in a cluster with rage ever so often with AM pugging the arenas like that. But, the point I was gettting at is these that are supposed to be more difficult are still usable in AM mode in arenas more often then they arent. Munitions in the LEAST needs a distract/emp (for example) type mechanic we can pair with the handful of underpowered usable powers we can even use for pvp. So when we get stuck 1v1 or on a node 1v1 we aint getting grossly out damaged so bad that even when winning all the counters in the duel/battle we still get melted cause they get off theirs off 1 time. In open world there are people with the help of exploiting by using macros and pve gear can killl u in seconds with HL and Cele as well as Gadg..... Munitions for sure wont stand a chance there. At this point Munitions will only be good pvp in open world standing at the guards at pd/nc and spammign at a raid or something xD thats it......
  6. JUGGER Active Player

You guys all brought up some great points and good feedback seems we all can agree, munitions is not where it's at for pvp content, Now we can just let things play out and see if any changes are made, thanks to everyone who shared their input.
  7. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Dont expect anything at all to be done. The celestial users had a nearly identical argument and were flat out told NO.
    • Like x 4
  8. JUGGER Active Player

I won't lose any sleep im currently Rage and I feel like in pvp im eating a full course meal. No complaints, i only do what I feel a tester should and that's bring up issues, everything after that is cool with me.
  9. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Spord, any chance we can get the headband glow color changeable as well? It looks really ugly when you have a headband color that doesn't look good with the camo green.
    • Like x 4
  10. btoom New Player

Powers
    • Munitions
    o Biggun will now refresh Eye of the Tiger and Bullet Frenzy when used in Damage role.
    o Pump Action Shotgun's tooltip now states it deals less damage at range
    o Rocket Jump will now properly grant damage absorption. It will also stun enemies that are knocked down when used in Control role.
    hhaa still nothing, good that they are saving us some money
  11. BlackBox Level 30

Test Is Still Off how are you even checking?
  12. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

Agreed. I've yet to see a single positive comment on it.
    I wonder what the worst case scenario is if the halo wasn't there...
  13. Roomba Dedicated Player

Why do we need a stupid bandana anyway. Why do we need multiple Stalone references. It comes across like you guys are getting bored with the whole DC comics thing. I assure you, we the players are not. The entire power set has felt forced and uninspired from step 1, no matter how many obscure DC chars you feign inspiration from.
    • Like x 2
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

What kind of animation would be fitting instead, in your opinion? Gadgets has Battle Display and Mental has the Psychic Resonance animation - both of which fit their respective power sets. If you could provide what you think would be a viable alternative instead of just saying "This is stupid!" then I'm sure that kind of reply would be a lot more valuable.
    • Like x 1
  15. Roomba Dedicated Player

That paraphrasing is grossly unrepresentative of what I said. I'm pretty sure you already know this though.

I will spin it a different way.

1) An animation (red bandana) and powers (eye of the tiger) that are a references to ****** 80s movies (sorry) do not belong in a comic book video game. I'm glad the devs like 80s action movies, however many of us are not as jazzed by all that nostalgia. I realize many people find it fun, but I am finding that the overwhelming majority finds it cheesy and stupid. I would not be so vocal if I did not think this was the case on the forums, in game, and in every team speak I frequent. This is a game for people who want to play comic book stuff. If I wanted to be Rambo, I'd pick any other game that excels more at that feeling in every conceivable way. It comes across that they went out of their way to make a Rambo power, and slap whatever tiny and obscure DC references kind of filled that mold. The resounding question from everyone is: Why?

2) Seriously? You think anyone would be challenged with coming up for an alternate animation?
    - An animation where multiple guns would "reset" or "reload" would be cool
    - A simple sound effect of a shot gun reloading
    - A battle helmet/armor forming around the players face or body a la Iron Man movies ( not a DC thing either of course, just using a reference that is easy to visualize. Plenty of other mech suits in the DC universe)
    - An animation that forms over the mobs showing that they are some sort of tactical target
    - Any of the other countless suggestions that have been made already.

3) It is not my job to come up with a better animation. It IS my job however to let the developers know when something doesn't feel right. It is their job to choose to read and consider, or ignore it. Up to them. But this is a feedback thread. I'm sorry you didn't like mine :(
    • Like x 1
  16. btoom New Player

What a joke they are releasing it tomorrow i don't know even know one person that is going to change to this ... I think this will sale the least amount of tokens then all the other new powers :) but good luck with your way of doing things.
  17. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Im changing my controller to it. Probably won't be dpsing at all but I like the controller side more than gadgets.
    • Like x 1
  18. Harlequin Devoted Player

Might switch my Ice toon just so I can play a mobile focused attack AM that owns. I need to get the troller styles anyway.
    • Like x 1
  19. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

I have an ice toon and to me the damage for Ice is better than Munitions.
  20. Harlequin Devoted Player

I get far better results using Munitions on test than using Ice. -shrug-
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.