Test Discussion Munitions Power

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spord Developer

Lock, load, and become a master of explosives and ballistics with the new power set, Munitions! Run and gun as you cut paths of destruction through your enemies with big guns and bigger explosions. Debuff, stun, and reload to take control on the battlefield in your Controller role, or simply blast right through the fray in Damage role.

Munitions allows players to assume the Controller role at level 10.

There are two Munitions Power trees:
    • Guts – With big guns and bigger explosions, the Guts tree is best suited for the bravest of Heroes or Villains.
    • Glory – Get in, get out, and live to tell about – most of the time – with powers from the Glory tree.
    DPS Advanced Mechanic

The Munitions advanced mechanic has a simple concept: continuously shooting to deal high damage. This is accomplished by using any 3 of the following channeled/cast time abilities for 4 seconds and activating Bullet Frenzy: 50 Cal , Chain Gun , Particle Gun , Five-Barrel Minigun , Railguns , Rocket Launcher , and Shrapnel Grenade Launcher . You can also get high damage from 'Splosion if used once you have reached the high damage from the other abilities that activate Bullet Frenzy. Killer Instincts and Survival will give you the Eye of the Tiger buff when used in DPS. The above listed abilities will restore a portion of their power when used when you have Eye of the Tiger.

There are some specifics you need to know:
    • Must use 3 different channeled/cast time abilities
    • You have 4 seconds from the start of using the first ability before high damage starts
    • You have a 2 second window between channeled/cast time powers to keep the high damage rolling once it has started (helps with moving from mob to mob or recovering from some CC)
    • Eye of the Tiger is a 12 second buff, from Killer Instincts or Survival, until it grants power and then it only lasts 2 seconds
    • Each of the above damaging abilities will refresh Eye of the Tiger for another 2 seconds
    • The damage is even higher when you are close to mid range (0-12 meters) to the target
    Known Issues/Upcoming Changes
    • Gloved hands disappear when using Munitions abilities
    • Like x 12
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Rocket Retreat is propelling me forwards instead of backwards.
    Rocket Jump is propelling me directly upwards rather than forwards.
  3. same Johnny Dedicated Player

First test, I immediately see a serious issue with mini nuke. That flash is just too bright and too wide. I was fixing my loadout by the ramp going down to the sparring targets in the WT and another player was down there testing it, my screen was flashing non stop. It's actually painful on the eye.

This is bad, really. It might sound like a minor issue, but it's far worse than Paradox tunnels and Quantum effects, IMO.
    • Like x 3
  4. spord Developer

Yeah DevDirt just checked in a fix for this. Thanks. I'll add it to our known issues section.
    • Like x 4
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is related due to a bug we have generally with directional stuff being reversed. We'll add this to the known issues list.
    • Like x 2
  6. BumblingB I got better.

The damage is kind of crazy. 7870 might + sidekick 121 seconds for the 3 targets. 167 for full range. 91 for single target.

I can't get this kind of damage with Gadgets. Only time was when we could clip with distract. :(

This is a fun powerset. I think a lot of the problems from it are mostly already ironed out.

Can I ask why 50 Cal is a cast power and Splosion is not? Both essentially are the same kind of attack that works with the AM.

Also, Eye of the Tiger does not stay up if you are using the 3 powers in Glory and using Survival to set it up.
  7. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Here is what I got so far. I'm surprised people are saying its "op" damage. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

7368 Might

Guts Rotation(Burning PI) 50 Cal ->5 Barrell ->Shrapnel->Splosion ->5Barrell -> Shrapnel -> Rocket Launcher ->Splosion. Clip Splosion with buff when you can.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Glory Rotation(Graviton Charged PI): Rail Guns -> Particle Beam -> Rocket Launcher ->Splosion. Clip Splosion with buffs when possible.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

I believe the reason behind the 2k difference in DPS is due to the burning PI having 3 channel powers that deal additional damage to burning and the Graviton Charged PI only having 2. That is why I have 4 different channel powers in the Guts rotation to maximize the additional damage to burning. I would suggest giving another power the "Deals more damage to graviton charged" tag to fix that. Overall the AM feels weird going from channel to channel simply because you have to smash buttons to get the "transition" as good as possible.(probably due to odd dovetails on the ends of the channel powers).

Also, I noticed when testing that the 2 damage supercharges can not be used in a rotation even though they are channels or cast times can this be changed? Would really like to put one in the 6th slot but they break the AM and the Eye of the Tiger buff.
    • Like x 3
  8. Kiden New Player

I have to agree with this. I've been on test server about two minutes, and you can't get away from it. I went to the insect vendor area, and was still seeing flashes from the people up in monitor womb. It's giving me a headache already. If it kept like this, I can see people refusing to let people run with them if they use it.
    • Like x 2
  9. Absolix Loyal Player

If someone has the time, can they check the explosive damage powers, Rocket Jump/Retreat, to see if they inflict DoTs like the explosive powers we currently have on live.
  10. Sbel Devoted Player

The mini nuke animation is really annoying. I was setting up my skill points and key bindings while in the monitor womb and my screen kept flashing orange for no reason, even when I was about 50 feet away from everyone else. I was concerned that it might be my video card dying. Eventually I moved to my base to get it to stop.
    • Like x 1
  11. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

I also should point out that both rotations were using Splosion which is only a 8.5m range power so you have to get VERY close to reach those numbers and if you see Splosion is responsible for a lot of the damage in that rotation so dropping it to go to a safer range is going to be a huge dps loss.
    • Like x 2
  12. TheDark Devoted Player

Not a fan of the head band.

I did check it out in Controller role & was rather disappointed with what it can do. I tested the powersets control effects against NPCs that would take the full cc duration... man...

Chain Grenade Launcher stuns only 2 seconds.
    Chain Gun, Laser net, mulitnet (4 targets), smoke grenade (4 targets), particle gun (1 target), & small package (1 target) are the only powers that can actually stun for longer than 15 seconds. Everything else cannot stun. Not even Splosion & that one looks cool. IMO, on the physical controlling aspect it's inferior considering most, if not all, of the offensive powers from the Controller roles all deal some kind of control effect that usually result in a 15+ stun effect. This is excluding the supercharges.

The group shields look cool & I have to say look like they should've belonged to Gadgets but I understand pets are Gadgets thing & the dev team want some kind of diversity. To me it just makes sense to have a run & gun pet like Drone fit Munitions & Gadgets have the shields lol.

I had a Solid Snake/Mad Stan idea going for a possible alt but after 20 minutes just trying the Controlling side of it I got bored. If I don't like both role powers of a powerset I usually won't touch it.

I do like the power interaction system between the powersets & Burning DoT is definitely a PI my powerset can help Munitions with in the future for damage boosting.
    • Like x 2
  13. Shinkamalei New Player

I am actually REALLY enjoying it going this way. It feels fun and this may be my new favorite power (I've loved ice from the start). What my leaguemate suggested is to make it directional like quantum tunneling. Or maybe there could be 3 powers from opening it up: forward backward and up. I literally have been doing a rotation - not for the damage or the cc or incorporating PIs - but one that includes the messed up Retreat. As a troller I could use it to come in, cc, then use a corrected retreat to get out of there. Or if you're flight or skimming, you could do the up one and fly out of danger right after.
  14. Shinkamalei New Player

Also, a bug I found, the reload is not reloading my groupmate at all. We did it 5 times. He exhausted his power but nada. This would be a big issue in live.
  15. Shinkamalei New Player

Rocket retreat does work if you push the 'S' button. I was able to go move away from the target. Rocket retreat goes forward if you push no buttons or push forward. You can even go left and right! It's wonderful :)
  16. Wanning Comet Committed Player

The sound effect that plays when you get hit by the insta power from a Munitions or when the PoT is cast, is really, really annoying and intrusive. Something about the pitch of it and the increase in tone or w/e is very, very annoying, to the point that I stopped playing to figure out what the sound was at first and almost asked my leaguemate to stop using it.
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Check if one of you had PVP turned on. I had this happen on Live earlier tonight and we eventually figured out that the guy who was not receiving power had toggled PVP on, so even though he was standing right beside me I couldn't give him power.
    • Like x 1
  18. BumblingB I got better.

I gotta agree, that noise is horrible. It's the same noise from damage shift. Please just remove it, it's not necessary. The effect should be enough.

For a controller class, this thing is mediocre. Smoke Grenade Launcher and Chain Gun are probably the only powers that are of any use. Chain Gun isn't a debuf, so that just leaves Smoke Grenade Launcher. There are too many channeled powers and you can't block cancel any of them. If you are a controller, this is definitely a BAD thing. Also, I think Chain Grenade Launcher is bugged, it stuns only on the initial hit, there isn't a lasting effect like Sticky Bomb has. I do like the group shield's subtlety. Quantum's needs to be toned back to that level.
  19. Sbel Devoted Player

Yeah, the PoT sound isn't too bad, just a little odd. But the Instant power sound will drive me nuts if I have to use it every 2-5 seconds.
  20. Karasawa Loyal Player

I'm having a lot of fun with this power, and it looks pretty complete. Aside from the bugs already mentioned I just have a couple suggestions:

(1) Move the heal debuff functionality from Particle Gun (vulnerable to interrupt) to Multi-Net Launcher (not vulnerable, fully clippable). Multi-Net Launcher is also an AoE stun, which makes it better for trolling. They're both tier 4 powers so it shouldn't be a problem I hope.

(2) Increase the range on 'Splosion to midrange. I'd like to use this in rotations, but it being close range-only really limits its usefulness.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.