Confirmed Metal gotham...and confused...

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Gassius_Spray, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Of the 10 toons I play, one alt cannot access any of the open world content in Metal Part 1.

Alt CR 310. This alt can enter Metal Gotham part one. I can buy from the vendors. I can run the on duty content. However I cannot whatsoever get any of the daily and weekly missions. No problems on the other toons with Metal Gotham 1.
    • Like x 4
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If I remember correctly you need to run the Scarlet Speedster solo to gain access to Metal Gotham.
    • Like x 3
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

That's my recollection, as well.
    • Like x 2
  4. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I can run the Scarlet Speedster solo on this alt im having an issue with, with Metal Gotham 1. I cannot do the save Commissioner Gordon mission nor grab any of the dailies or the weekly bounties and the 82/218 missions. So I dont know whats going on. I checked to see if I accidentally hid the missions in the journal and nope.

On the recent 290 skip, I gave that to my munitions alt and had no issues at all with any content.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm trying really hard to remember. After you run Scarlet Speedster you gain access to Metal Gotham and there's a one-time mission you have to complete. I think Detective Bullock (?) gives you a mission to find/rescue Commissioner Gordon and after you complete that it opens up all your daily/weeklies.
    • Like x 3
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I took a bank mule that I skipped over to Metal Gotham. He has access to all the mission givers so I really don't know what's gating your alt.
    • Like x 2
  7. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

All of my toons have no and never had these problems at all, just this one alt. My new munitions alt that got the 290 cr skip had no problems. Ive ran Scarlet Speedster a few times. Cant even talk to Nightwing, who tells you to go to Captain Hightower to rescue Gordon, which opens up the rest of the dailies and weeklies.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Really strange, might need to send an email to Support. The Devs flagged this one as Not A Bug, and yet they've not yet posted in this thread to offer additional info of what could be going on. o_O
  9. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Have that character access House of Legends' Harbinger console that unlocks episodes on that character?
    You need to have episode mission to complete progress required to unlock open world missions.
    • Like x 1
  10. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Did this and nothing. I even ended up doing a license restore on my PS4 in the odd chance there was an issue of some kind going on with DCUO... nada.

Will ending up sending in a ticket soon.
  11. Darkwalker Active Player

Did you get a response to this? Two of my chars have the same issue. Completed the solo but no journal entry for Metal Gotham and when I go the area, I'm unable to talk to anyone.
  12. Dojhrom New Player

I have this same issue as well, and I think I know what the bug is, I did the Hightower save the commissioner before I did the scarlet speedster solo, so the open world is not unlocking. game should check for both missions no matter the order and it isn't (at least for me it isn't)
  13. DurangoKid70 Active Player

Im using my character Tori Fire and in Metal Gotham nothing shows up playable, Ive did the solo and the other mission in the area but none of the dailies are lit up or work.
  14. DurangoKid70 Active Player

I havent got a response yet .
  15. Green Lantern Dude Well-Known Player

um...got to the level to get in, i zone in....zero missions. Am i doing something wrong? my villain had plenty of missions.
    • Like x 1
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

There are some zones that have an entry mission to unlock the rest of the missions. I believe metal Gotham is one of them. Check your journal. I believe the mission is to help Gordon or someone in a precinct
    • Like x 1
  17. Green Lantern Dude Well-Known Player

no missions there sadly :( im at a loss.
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Check the cr requirements for the on duty around metal Gotham. Then check to make sure you’re at the minimum. If you’re at the minimum than I’d recommend double checking your journal, including hidden missions. You may have marked a mission to hidden by accident. Check all the missions from that cr range to see if maybe there’s one that sticks out.

If that doesn’t work I’d say try getting a few cr higher. Tiers were flattened to be around the same. I think that affects the open world too. So you may be high enough for the zone but the mission may have a slightly higher requirement.
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I believe you have to successfully complete the Scarlet Speedster solo prior to going to Metal Gotham.
    • Like x 3
  20. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yes, but you have to complete it to be able to even enter Metal Gotham. OP said he did enter, so he's probably done it. I think the issue is the Gordon thing. Though OP does say he doesn't see any missions. Maybe it wasn't an individual mission with its own entry in the journal but instead a step in the overall episode mission so maybe he should check that? Forget the name of it, though.
    • Like x 1