Message to all healers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Solarverse Committed Player

i will have to pay more attention in the future. You are probably right.
  2. Solarverse Committed Player

Also, Troller is my my main role, so you would know better than I.
  3. megamanzero Loyal Player

worry about doing your own job
  4. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Typically the dps will get hit first, but if no dps has agro on the boss or ads, then the healer gets hit. I see this where we have two tanks, the tank with the one ad that only tank hits, tank dies, the only other person the ad sees is the healer. Bn for example, on nekron, if tank dies doing the mist, the boss will always charge at the healer and not the troll. If a dps was there then it should hit them first.

But for fatals reply, there is common sense that the fire in umr 1st boss spawns under the boss, and the farthest person away. So if you don't know that, then use some common sense and you stay alive.

Bn black holes, I tried telling people on day 1 that the black on use caused them, but nope they said it was random. But nekron points at you, you get a black aura for 5 seconds, then you drop hole at your feet. So in your situation the healer had no common game mechanical sense.

This one i think nobody figured out in lockdown on 1st boss. He does look at you, but BUT when your screen says 'grounded' he is gonna jump at you. You block n roll, look back, and boss and black aoe is there. Again, common sense.
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Just like it's common sense to try to keep yourself alive if you do happen to be caught in a deadly AoE. That's what this thread is about. People are under the assumption you can't heal and be mobile. You can be mobile while doing anything by clipping jump and movement with your powers.
    • Like x 3
  6. Wallachia Devoted Player

I honestly thought this was very obvious. Whenever I'm healing, every time I notice the mobs getting too close to me, even if I don't have any aggro, I usually roll away to get myself out of danger zone.

I seriously didn't think people would have trouble figuring this.
    • Like x 1
  7. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

You should see me in BN when I get the tether...jumping around like a rabbit while spamming harvest :D
    • Like x 1
  8. High Troller Loyal Player

tell us what happened!
    • Like x 1
  9. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Really, it depends. If the dps in your group are really bad, or if your healer is able to do a lot of damage on top of a lot of healing like I've seen a few do, that healer will likely draw the aggro. It's a variable stat. My healer can still draw a lot of aggro away from mediocre dpses.
  10. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

As far as the laser in PZE, that's actually intended to target the healer most of the time. I've seen it target the tank too but 9 times out of 10, it goes for the healer. Probably scripted to if I'm not mistaken.
    • Like x 1
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You're not the boss of me.

• Like x 2
  12. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Kiting is our best friend too.
  13. Ichiro Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

And the healers i call "spam and hope." They spam heals like a maniac and hope they hit the group/people taking dmg at the right time. Ofc when u say something to them they always some excuse and it never makes sense. These type of healers need to go play troll and try and keep healers like this powered then just maybe they will get a clue. When i see this going on i dont even try and help em anymore. Its ignore then leave. It takes no skill at all to just hit the same 3 buttons over and over and over and.......

Good healers know WHEN to heal. WHEN to use HoTs and WHEN to use burst. And WHEN to use their biggest heal.
  15. SigmaAtom Committed Player

The amount of times i'm in with a random healer as troller and they die on a full power power.. oh man!!

Fatal you said about being mobile.. but then the troller can't BG (bodyguard) you if youz don't stay together.
    Also part of the DPS's job is to protect [support].. if you get some DPS's that don't know this, they will just throw burn but not keep an eye out for [support].. how do such DPS expect to stay alive with the troller and healer (and then tank) dead? maan.. i seen that too!
  16. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Yea, me too. Very disappointed.
  17. Delta796th Loyal Player

Tanks
    Healers
    DPS
    Trollers

Welcome to your hate table
    As for OP, if they went down with a full power bar or.mechanic it's on them. I usually don't see that as the case
  18. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  19. Stamen Dedicated Player

Near as I can tell the aggro switches from the tank to whomever is using their power bar most. This tends to be the lead dps. So if you are a dps and not taking 2nd aggro, you probably weren't using a ton of powers. So my Sorc DPS for example doesn't get a ton of aggro, but when I was Mental I was getting a lot of it.

Occasionally, the healer is going to draw it big time. It seems to me I get aggro most when my A) my tank is not blocking, B) my DPS suck at mitigating their own damage. Both of those require me to throw more powers out there than usual. With my league I can solo heal everything without seeing my power bar really dip that much. In fact, it will rarely go below 90% and the league knows if my power bar gets below 50% then either something has gone terribly wrong, or someone has done something stupid. It happens, I dump my powerbar and next thing I know I become next on the aggro chart too.

Anyway, that just tends to be my experience. If you are a button spammer healer, you will be next on the aggro chart for sure.

ETA -- Oh and if you are turning a gear (like Resurrecting a fallen player), then expect aggro. I can't stand the Rez system in DCUO where every time you go to turn the gear a boss dumps a massive AOE on the fallen.
    • Like x 1
  20. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

This has been my experience as well. Tho I seem to remember a time (few years ago?) when Nature healers would get aggro if there were no tank or the tank went down.