Message to all healers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Apr 23, 2016.

1. minuteofdecay Committed Player

I still see dom = aggro on here smh.
    • Like x 1
  2. IceRaider Dedicated Player

No i just don't like seeing someone single out an entire portion of our population that without them nothing gets done. Tanks and trolls are becoming obsolete but you're always going to need healers because your sidekick isn't a good alternative. If a healer dies most times its because they're picking some stupid dps up who can't pay attention to the mechanics and his fellow dps are busy pew pewing.
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

You just singled out an entire portion of our population, the biggest one in fact. Dps is second on the threat list, it has always been that way. Only time healers get aggro is when the dps is really weak. The dcuo forums are something else, say any role except dps not doing their job, and players loose their mind. It's bad players in all roles
    • Like x 1
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Geez. I thought I was bad when it came to blaming dps for the games faults. I'm not singling out anyone. I simply said make sure to keep yourself alive as well. Didn't think that would cause as much hate as it did. Also for the record, while yes dps can be a huge cause of group wipes if they ignore mechanics and pick ups, but support roles aren't safe from the blame train either. Raids can and have gone wrong due to support slacking.... MANY times.
    • Like x 1
  5. Delta796th Loyal Player

That's incorrect
    Tank
    Heal
    DPS
    Troll

This is your hate table to start. Damage out CAN change this, but at start this is where hate table is
  6. oliver251274 Active Player

Is this a troll thread?
    Every healer has a heal for himself and the most injured player. But this heal has a cooldown like every other skill.
    If the tank is down, a lot of things went wrong. And mostly the healer has to push out a lot of more heals than needed and a lot of skills are in cooldown. Often they are out of mana.

For example celestial, this "solo" heal is relative weak, if im attacked by several adds it is nearly impossible to heal myself up if this situation takes longer.

The aggro mechanic is not so simple, There are situations at the beginning of a boss fight. Tank starts the fight and i just spam the group shield and get lunged and one hitted by the boss.
    And often the DPS directly in front of the boss will be ignored.

In my opinion, all the heals are defined as AOE damage skills. It pulls aggro mainly independent from the damage. This is not a problem, if the DPS doing AOE damage aswell.If not, all the other adds from other directions will attack the healer. Can be only a theory, but this i my feeling after several years as healer
  7. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

You talking about before anyone do anything? If that is, why do that even matter? In combat dps get hate if the tank go down or just loose aggro for whatever reason
  8. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Seems like there is a lot of confusion about how the Agro table works. Who's to blame for that?
  9. ErnieB Loyal Player

I'm pretty sure the only power that doesn't work on itself is the troll, so I don't see where this is coming from, all healing attacks heal the healer as well.
  10. ErnieB Loyal Player

I believe it's

Troll
    Tank
    Heal
    DPS

no one wants a troll, even in raids people rather take the chance, and we know Tanks are not used at all in normal alerts, but you can find a healer everywhere.
    • Like x 1
  11. Delta796th Loyal Player

Sad...but true
  12. Delta796th Loyal Player

Agreed I was just clarifying the hate table again. It is subject to change by amount of damage out, but it does matter in instances where new adds spawn.
    • Like x 1
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

your partly right dps should be higher on the threat table than healers but many adds or even bosses have scripted attacks that target specific targets.. like stompa for example will always jump to a player that is picking someone up. or specific adds that primarly go after the healers when not on the tank.. and nature pharamones unlike say sorc soul well that wont draw aggro, all of natures pharamones will create hate
  14. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Nature pheromones draw more hate because each h.o.t build dominance.
    Lmao i'm just joking, seriously i never heard of one h.o.t drawing more aggro than another.
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

That's why I want a green name to comment on the aggro debate. There's really no true way of telling who's higher up on the hate table.

Better yet I might do a little experiment
    • Like x 1
  17. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

Hard to believe this paragraph is all you see in DC Wiki:
    When a player uses one of their power abilities too much on an enemy, the enemies aggro will go up. As the enemies aggro goes up it will target the player. Certain power abilities cause more aggro than others. Tanks use these abilities to pull and taunt their enemies causing them to become aggravated and start attacking the tank. All powers can cause aggro, but this is not recommended excluding the tank role and in some situations the DPS role. Dominance has nothing to do with how you generate aggro, but it depends on how much damage you deal to an enemy that causes it to focus on you or you pulled the enemy using a pull power.
  18. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Go into an alert.
    Have everyone stand in a line.
    Tank proceeds to taunt a single mob.
    During this, the healer heals once, the Dps does one attack while staying in a line with the troll and heal still.
    Once the tank's 12 seconds are up, the trash should jump to the next threat.

Do this like 10 times and that will be the answer. I'm leaving trolls out because they aren't much of a threat. (No offense)
    • Like x 1
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

THAT was in wiki??

I'm officially done.
    • Like x 1
  20. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player