Message to all healers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Heal yourself. Not just the rest of the team. A dead healer = a bad healer.

That is all.
    • Like x 11
  2. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Dont tell me what to do
    • Like x 18
  3. Solarverse Committed Player

Every heal a healer does also heals themselves. I'm pretty sure if a healer dies, chances are it is because the team is not looking after them. Keep an eye on your healer, help them out from time to time. Healers take a TON of aggro...they are the second most desired target next to Tanks. So if your healer dies, more often than not, it is not their fault.
    • Like x 31
  4. Saami Loyal Player

Noobs.
    • Like x 2
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Dps are actually the second most desired target. A healer can still get caught in the cross fire of ground AoEs like the black holes in BN or fire in UM. You can heal yourself long enough to get out of it. But lately I've been running into healers that don't do that. I admire you put the team before yourself but the team still needs you alive lol.
    • Like x 4
  6. MrB Dedicated Player

I thought this was gonna be about spam healers.
    • Like x 7
  7. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Yeah, if I wanna die, I'll die on my own terms godda**it!!11!!!1! (sorry, I mean get "knocked out")
    • Like x 1
  8. Wallachia Devoted Player

Is it even possible to use a heal that doesn't include yourself?
    • Like x 3
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

This is hilarious. Clearly a troll thread since every heal move heals the healer along with at least 1 or more group members.
    • Like x 8
  10. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

With solo healers, you can heal yourself, the team, npc's, and pets. But when you need to block or an aoe is put on you like the corruption in bombshells, it's very difficult to heal yourself in such situations. If the healer gets a lot of agro, then they are either too close to the tank, standing in an aoe, not blocking, or just not topping themselves off.

I find such instances to where the healer needs help to have 2 healers. I'm not saying the healer sucks, but where it is rather necessary to stay alive with the mechanics at play. For example: umr second boss where the healer loses their power. You can't solo heal if you have no buttons to press, so thus 2 healers.

But if the healer can't keep themselves alive, then provide the example you forgot to mention and I'll give my input on the situation.
    • Like x 3
  11. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Sometimes I forget to look up there :oops:
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

13. Solarverse Committed Player

*If* that is true, then my mistake. However, as far as I understood, Healer are the second most desired targets on the aggro table. I have yet to see anything that proved otherwise.
    • Like x 3
  14. mexmex Dedicated Player

Tell that to the black smoke in bd or the laser in bbs or pz etc
    • Like x 1
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

They used to be back in the day. But the aggro table changed around T5 and if the tank goes down the bosses or adds seek the next biggest threat, AKA the dps that did the most damage to them. When you run alerts with no tank you can see it clear as day that the dps are always the ones to get targeted by melee attacks.
    • Like x 1
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You can clip your heals with movement by jumping. Nothing in the rule book says you can't heal and jump at the same time.
    • Like x 1
  17. Solarverse Committed Player

This was discussed before back in 2013. I don't know if it has changed since then, but when I play my healer I seem to get a hell of a lot more aggro than I do when I play my DPS.I could be wrong, but I am just going off of what I perceive in game and what I read online. Check this thread out and let me know what you think.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/healer-aggro.9974/
  18. mexmex Dedicated Player

I know I was refering about the healers aggro I think they may actually target number 2 especially since there are most of the times just one
  19. Solarverse Committed Player

Ahhh okay, well scratch my last post then. My mistake. I was under the assumption that has not changed since last I read about it. however, it does still feel like my Healer gets a hell of a lot of aggro once the Tank goes down. And if a Tank is not in the group...God help me, lol.
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I don't know. Heal is the main role I do, and every time I've noticed that the tank drops aggro or goes down, it's usually a dps that gets knocked to oblivion. I'm rarely ever targeted by basic boss melee attacks.
    • Like x 4