Test Discussion Mental Midrange Adjustments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Dec 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aspar Agus Well-Known Player

This.

Knocked down. -> Mass terror and then back into rotation. (although with the new changes you may be able to get away with continuing the rotation depending on timing of your breakout, if you run resonance in invisibility you can't risk it dropping).

Picking up. -> Mass terror, pickup, mass terror and then back into rotation.

Moving between rooms. -> mass terror, move, mass terror , move .. repeat.
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I get that I would lose DPS not using PR, but at the same time you don't need to hit an enemy to refresh or continue resonance. So it can just be a quick break out then hit a spell then you can continue without no problem.

I usually play like this with gadgets and I can usually manage pretty well.

If I find myself constantly begging juggled then i'll take something like PR into consideration, likewise with gadgets I'd probably take intimidation into consideration too.
  3. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

This is where Gadget does a better job with Stealth you do not need BD to get the boosted damage from EMP. You just need to apply 3 PI. With Gadgets you just become a power hungry DPS until Stealth gets off cool down vs. Mental needing Res to produce good numbers. I can see Res getting adjusted based on this post. If Gadgets and Mental are to be alike, Mental should not require Res to produce good numbers from MT. Instead, like Gadgets apply 3 abilities that empower MT or ML and you will become a troll enemy but better than being knocked out and not being able to produce damage when you get up.
  4. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Mydps if it's like gadgets, it won't loose any dps. Almost all the gadget dps are using stealth that way
    • Like x 1
  5. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Does Gadgets AM work without BD up?
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

No, but bd can be put inside stealth, and as long as u pop a power every 2 secs it stays up. Don't have to hit anything, only use power. Players are doing entire instances with the 3 emp l/o, not everyone because it do take skill, but a lot are doing it
  7. Absolix Loyal Player

Yes, but the Gadgets player will not receive any power regen.

EMP and P Dart need 3 powers that each apply a different PI to be used one in order to trigger their AM damage. While it is extraordinarily power hungry, it is possible to perform Gadgets' AM without BD active.

Mass Terror and Mass Lev need levels of Psychic Resonance to trigger their AM damage. Resonance can only be built while Psych Resonance is active.

The difference between the two is that Gadgets uses PIs that are already attached to the individual powers, but Mental uses Resonance which requires both one of the amplifiers to be used and Psychic Resonance to be active to trigger.
  8. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Right, but I was referring to the ability to continue your rotation while BD wasn't up. If a mental player were to hide Resonance in invisibility, it would mean that we'd have to avoid getting knocked out of it at all times, or our damage would go into the toilet. Means it just wouldn't be viable in a lot of locations (namely hallways or boss fights that require a lot of blocking). A Gadgets player can get away with it, because their damage continues without BD up, they just don't get power return. Mentals AM doesn't work the same way.
    • Like x 1
  9. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Long time no see blk good to see you still playing bro. But I would have to give the two shortcut loadout a try it seems very risky, one of the dislikes I have with mental is the long animations and lack of mobility the powerset has because of them, with Ice or say a munitions you can move around using chill effects on nothing to keep the ice armor up with mental every animation locks you in place for awhile.
    • Like x 1
  10. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

If you guys can keep that up constantly it seems very promising for short fights like the ninjas in the hall ways in DP often on live servers I find a gadgets or ice dps can burn them just as or right before I can barley manage one mass terror cycle.
  11. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Mental on test can't just pop powers to keep resonance up? After the update it's kind of hard to get knocked out of gadgets BD. I think we have like 3 secs before we get knocked out, mental's window is lower?
  12. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

No, we have the 3 second window too. Regardless, the possibility still exists. Raids like L&W, NGN and BD where you're blocking until an attack hits would take you out of it. Or if you hit invisibility and get hit immediately. Things like that, Gadgets is able to use it's AM without BD up, where if we don't have our resonance, we don't have good damage. It's just something to take into account.
    • Like x 1
  13. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

All i'm saying is either take the power back mechanic out of stealth/invisibility or balance the dps around the 3 emp/mt mechanic. I know it's harder to do, but most gadget dps i've ran with are doing it with BD up.
  14. mexmex Dedicated Player

OMG Please can y'all stop comparing gadgets and mental please those are two different powers dosnt have to work exactly the same, this is mental testing, and all I Read are speculations based on no test at all, Can someone on test please tell us how does mental is doing please

Numbers its what it matters at the end of the day, I have a gadget alt, don't want a second one with mental, it should be different and work different too, with similar damage output
    • Like x 2
  15. mexmex Dedicated Player

OR lets get rid of all the powers just keep one, so no one complaint anymore, it seems that is what everyone is calling, that why we got AM WM in the first place, everybody want to do the same amount of damage instead of enjoying the power as intended. that is the reason why all load out are set in stone and bored as they are now, because ppl yelling for the power to act the same.
    Please stop.
    • Like x 1
  16. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Please try and understand what we are talking about, numbers are not what matters at the end of the day. Everything on this game is situational standing in one spot isn't ideal. The reason players are bringing up gadgets is currently like it or not, is because they work in kind of the same way with gadgets being a very versatile dps and overall powerset. No one is complaining, we are trying to make sure everything is in line nothing is over powered and nothing is broken. Players are bouncing ideas off of each other from their own experiences in game to find a common ground.

What does it matter if you can do X amount of damage on a training dummy standing still if you can't do the same constantly in actual content. Be patient and understand a lot of players here are trying to make sure when this goes live it is a polished product. I urged players to do the same when Munitions was released and all they were worried about was rushing for it to go live and seeing the big numbers from things like Biggun instead of the shortcomings of the powerset as a whole "We all see where Munitions is at now". Allow everyone to make sure mental is compete in all aspects in the game.
  17. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Why would we not compare our power with the closest comparable power? Obviously we're going to compare how they work and in the different situations. Yes this thread is for damage number discussion, but sometimes you need to discuss how other powers work in different situations to properly do that. In this case, it's the comparison between using BD in stealth and Resonance in Invisibility. This isn't the first time you've contributed nothing to the conversation other than "Stop comparing to Gadgets"
    • Like x 1
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

It's already too late, they play similarly enough now.
    So why not compare it to each other?

Also: I already provided parses, and everything else- So really we're just stuck waiting on a DEV response.
  19. mexmex Dedicated Player

One
    I wont even start an argument with you keep asking for both powers to act the same then, keep it going gadget mental, but if you see original thread says mental, not gadgets, so unless a dev create a thread to compare the two powers, I wont do it. And I would try todas stay in the topic so ...
    End post
  20. mexmex Dedicated Player

Yes and its so sad, two diferent abilities, play almost identical, as if we woudnt have enough with the lack of versatility in our loadout, now powers very much alike too, so sad indeed
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.