Mental Dps Loadout

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MkNoobSaibot, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Cable Committed Player

Ok so I got on was able to try out the rotation. It performed better than I thought actually, making it in my opinion a better option than just using the AM alone. I am finding however that using WM will result in better damage even still. I ran each rotation 4 times and here's what I got on the 3 targets.

AM Hybrid Rotation
    DPS I Killtime
    17441.9--------------172
    16393.4--------------183
    16670.5--------------180
    17045.5--------------176

WM Rotation
    DPS I Killtime
    17506.2--------------169
    647.8 (Robot)
    -------------------
    17430.6--------------168
    595.1 (Robot)
    -------------------
    17459.2--------------169
    602.4 (Robot)
    -------------------
    17814.3--------------165
    638.4 (Robot)
    All in all, it's not bad, but it seems to rely heavily on how lucky you are with Mass Terror critting. If Mass Terror consistently crits the results show in the first rotation I did. The problem is that I don't find that to be the case, so results can vary. With WM you can see the results are more consistent, and even still in some cases better. Further more, having robot sidekick in the loadout as much as I hate to admit it, really does translate to better dps. Additionally, if I used a dazed WM rotation with sidekick you would see even higher numbers for the WM side.

**Disclaimer**
    I nearly forgot. Please keep in mind that while those numbers may look high for Mental I was wearing full 99 gear with VI mods, and penetrating strikes. To keep things in perspective I was doing 22k dps with Quantum in the exact same gear with the same mods, and a sub optimal rotation.
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I've tried several rotations (including rotations I came up with and rotations suggested in this thread), and nothing I do compares to what I can do with ice/rage/HL/sorcery/gadgets/nature. Mental may need an adjustment. I do about 80% the damage with Mental that I can do with other powers. It's rather disappointing.

If anyone has found a rotation that is comparable to the damage with other powers, I'd be glad to test it out and see if I feel the same way.
  3. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Disregard the above. I found a good loadout that works really well.
    • Like x 1
  4. Cable Committed Player

Awesome that you've found something that works. I'm still not able to get near the kind of damage I'm doing with Gadgets/Nature/Ice/Quantum but I think I'm getting closer. Here's best I've got so far.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    stats:
    [IMG]

Realistically I wouldn't be using Ampoule of terror VI, but probably IV or V. Even then, for clipping it's not really cutting down time on animations but just squeezing in a little bit of extra damage. For this test though we can subtract the effective dps of that out which came out to 164.2.

Mods used are Precision/Might VI in rings and back, everything else is Might VI and Might/X. Penetrating Strikes, escalating might, max damage and league hall proficiencies active.

It's really just a variation of the Greenman loadout on page 1 with sligtht differences in execution. Used with Dual Wield WM combo it goes as follows:

Mass Levitation/Pyrokinesis/Menace/Cryokinesis/Terror Tendrils/Robot Sidekick

**/=Clip
    **>=WM Crit
    Terror Tendrils/Ampoule of terror, WM>Mass Levitation, Pyro/Menace, WM>Cryokinesis, WM>Cryokinesis, WM>Cryokinesis, WM>Cryokinesis...Terror Tendrils/Amouple of terror and so on.

aside from Robot Sidekick it lacks single target damage. Ideally I would like to put thought bubble in the place of tendrils but I can't do so without sacrifing something else. I primarily like tendrils for big groups of ads. I could potentially put terrorize in that slot as well but I'm still on the fence about it's usefulness.
    • Like x 1
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I'm running Resonance -> Pyrokinesis clipped with Psychic Empowerment (might/prec buff) -> Dual Wield WM Explosive Shot -> Phantom Flames -> Mass Terror -> Dual Wield WM Explosive Shot -> Phantom Flames -> Mass Terror -> Dual Wield WM Explosive Shot -> Pyrokinesis clipped with Psychic Empowerment (might/prec buff) -> Mass Terror -> etc.

I get the AM damage with WM increased damage from my weapon, and I get power back for most of it. When I run solo, I just remove the Psychic Empowerment clip so I don't use as much power.
  6. Cable Committed Player

Interesting, I hadn't actually thought of using only one amplifier (Phantom Flames) to hit Mass Terror. Is Mass Terror hitting for decent numbers in this rotation? I always imagined anything less than 3 amplifiers would have diminishing results. It's definitely something outside of the box. Modded more for might or prec? I'm going to be familiarizing myself with electricity for a bit but when I switch to back to mental I may give it a shot.
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I'm running with 6300 might and 2300 precision. It's basically a fairly balanced might/precision build for the WM part, but a little heavier on might. And I'm mostly using Mass Terror to restart the resonance; damage was only a secondary concern.
  8. Makineko Committed Player

mulling over 3 different setups

A) A loadout that uses a shortened version of the AM (only 2 instead of 3, finishes with Mass Terror. Utilise Menace and either Cryo before or after AM
    B) Sticking with what I tried in the past and have a full AM loadout, ending with Mass Terror and using Menace to boost the damage
    C) Dropping the AM Entirely but putting Flames, TK bolt, Cryo with the Mass Terror+Menace combo and Grandeur for survivability
  9. Cable Committed Player

Ok, I was able to get on test and mess around with it. The rotation is nice in that if you get interrupted you can pretty much get right back to business fairly quickly, and I like that clipping pyro with psychic empowerment is faster than clipping with menace. I do think though that resonance is actually holding you back in this setup since you can't get the WM crit from phantom flames while it's active, even with the 50% PI buff it seems stronger with WM crit. In a situation with no troll I think doing just the AM may result in better damage output, and even better than that a dazed WM rotation. I've been trying to mess around with all the powers but still nothing I do is showing the kind of effective dps I can get with the other top powers. I find it kind of funny actually that within a couple minutes of being Electricity, a power I am really not very familiar with I was able to put together a rotation that blows away the best thing I've got on Mental so far. They are of course two different kinds of dps, one being more geared for high health and the other for burst, but still.
  10. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Keep up the great work my mental brothers. This just shows how skilled all of you guys are as mental players