Mental Dps Loadout

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MkNoobSaibot, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Xibo Loyal Player

Close this!
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Why? We're having fun, besides, this is the first time in months where three Mental DPS users have talked to each other for more than ten minutes without it becoming gnashing teeth and lamentation at the state of the Advanced Mechanic.
    • Like x 5
  3. Trial 1 New Player

Power interaction... do you have access to test center?
  4. Grvv Redwig Well-Known Player

Greenman's loadout is very good. The weapon crits are very high , in the order of 10k. The frequency of crits are more than what it used be pre gu43.
  5. Cable Committed Player

Power interactions as in pyrokinesis? I do have access to test server.
  6. Sardik New Player

This is the best Mental troll loadout that i have ever seen.
  7. Stark23 Committed Player

What's he running right now? I'm running a Dazed PI loadout with Mass Lev and having great success.
    • Like x 1
  8. chaotic3430 Committed Player

With that loadout I was able to top damage in L&W, Necro and Artifacts over other 111CR DPS', to include HL and Ice.

Again try:

WM>Pyro_clip_Psychic Res>WM>Psychic Shock>Tel Push>Tel Bolt>Mass Terror>Repeat

I don't care about topping the leaders board, I just care about getting through content, and the more damage from other DPS' the better. I have since switched back to Gadgets, I can actually put out more damage as Mental in PVE, but Gadgets has more options and is more fun to mess around with. Not to mention Gadgets is WAY better in PVP and Dueling. But for straight PVE EMP is only hitting for 20-30K. Mass Terror for me is hitting 28-38K, and I even have had it hit for 44K a couple of times.

Using Psychic Shock instead of Phantom Flames keeps you from overwriting Pyro, so you have a DOT up the whole time from Pyro, with two bursts, and a short DOT with Cryo. Not to mention the Terror PI gives you three ticks of DOT on Pyro the whole time. I hit my WM in between for anywhere from 10-20K total, just more damage to add to the AM.
  9. Absolix Loyal Player

The base damage of EMP and Mass Terror has been tested, Mass Terror's is 144 to 215 and EMP's is 173 to 230. You're mistaken if you think Mass Terror hits harder than EMP. You seem to be isolating certain instances where numbers are supporting your position and ignoring actual testing of Mental's AM.

Burning is the weakest DoT in the game, and is first and for most a power interaction. Using Phantom Flames does not get rid of the burning DoT either it has the potential to possibly delay the next tick slightly, but does not get rid of it. Ignoring the damage of the burning DoT, PF hits harder than PS. PS is the weakest resonance amplifier. There's no reason to use Psychic Shock in the AM.

Cryo does not have a DoT. It has one regular tick of damage and a second tick that only happens when an enemy is dazed, no DoT.

Remember, when resonance is active there are no WM crits, and you're using time that could be spent building another Mass Terror.
    • Like x 2
  10. Trial 1 New Player

Oh good grief... abort abort abort.

I had mass terror and MENACE mixed up. I thought you were referring to the ability "menace". :oops:
    • Like x 1
  11. Cable Committed Player

Ah ok, lol it happens. I do actually use menace as well, even though it is bugged. Primarily just for clipping Pyro but the extra damage is nice too.
  12. HazeTA New Player

You were playing with some terrible DPS then.
    • Like x 4
  13. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I've beaten a few HL 111's in Raids recently using Mental, but I'm not using the AM, no ;).
    • Like x 2
  14. Grvv Redwig Well-Known Player

LOL the same. What i would like to point out that running with a hl player who uses inspiration and chompers frequently ,is going to amp your dps. Skip lev and move straight to pyro/cryo.
  15. Grvv Redwig Well-Known Player

Same here ive beaten 111 Hls with higher sp. The trick is to feed off chompers and inspiration.
  16. chaotic3430 Committed Player

I have over 7200 might and 3050 precision, I put out over 13K in L&W.
  17. chaotic3430 Committed Player

Phantom Flames overwrites my burning DOT on Pyro, the flames go from orange to purple and it restarts the burning DOT. I have switched between Gadgets and Mental, with the same stats and Mass Terror hits harder for me, but the Gadget PI's hit harder than Mentals. I don't use DW WM for the crits, I use it for the 10-20K I get in 2 seconds using it in between AM casts.
  18. Cable Committed Player

I'll give this loadout a shot, I'm always open to try new things. Are you doing WM>Pryo every time after Mass Terror?
  19. chaotic3430 Committed Player

Yes, WM after into Pyro clipped with Psychic Resonance. The other thing I like about Mass Terror more than EMP is that even if you are out of range for the big hit like EMP, EMP will miss entirely, Mass Terror will hit but significantly less damage, but at least you get some damage out of it, so it is still viable in raids such as L&W. And Pyro gets an additional tick of DoT from Mass Terror's terrorize PI (3 Total).
  20. Absolix Loyal Player

The overwrite simply results in a slight delay before the next tick of the burning DoT, again the weakest DoT in the game. If PF hits 0.5 sec after the last tick of the burning DoT the next tick of the burning DoT is delayed 0.5 sec. 0.5 sec would also be the average time this delay would be, meaning on average using PF results in the loss of half of Burning DoT tick. Visual effects aside, the burst damage from PF is far greater than PS's, and is much more than 1 tick of the burning DoT much less half of one. TK Bolt is the only amplifier that has more burst than PF, and TK Push hits harder than PS as well.

I can beat a Two-Face player in legends when playing as Saint Walker, doesn't change the fact that Two-Face is currently the strongest legend and Saint Walker is the weakest. Using unobjective testing results in incorrect assumptions. Mass Terror has been objectively tested to be weaker than EMP, despite what you may think.
    • Like x 2