Masters Of The Universe MMO?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by sirzap, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Malicious VonTain Well-Known Player

My favorite was Twilight. She was emo before there was emo.
    [IMG]
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Sadly, can't remember any individual ponies (have a few DVDs, but lack of player means not being able to watch :( ), but can remember when they were part of the Glo Friends (or Glo Friends were part of them, can vaguely remember seeing one followed by the other... just talked with mum and she remembers "The Glo Friends Hour" name may not be accurate as we are both old and senile :p )
    • Like x 1
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Original Twilight is vastly superior to the FIM Twilight :p
    • Like x 1
  4. Malicious VonTain Well-Known Player

I only remember Twilight because she was my favorite.
    I gotta look those dvds up on amazon.

I just looked up Glow Friends. I can't remember that show.. But I do remember having a Glow Worm doll when I was little. It was like the size of a baby doll, and when you squeezed it, the head would light up like a night light. So I guess I must have gotten it because I watched the show, but I don't remember it at all.
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Over here, the Glo Friends were just glow-in-the-dark bugs, but do remember a baby-doll sized glow worm doll
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Going back on topic, LOL, for you He-Man fans

• Like x 2
  7. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

He-man games are a few but I remember the PS2 He Man Defender of Grayskull that was released in Europe only. The gameplay and graphics pretty much look like DCUO, :rolleyes:

8. sirzap Well-Known Player

so again. how do we make a MOTU MMO?
    character creation? how does it go?

for the moment we got a MMO that showed a he-man theme ;)

9. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

I don't really see the problem with a He-Man MMO. Can't they do it like DCUO and Lord of the Rings Online? Simply let us create our own characters, and have the iconic characters pop up frequently. For instance:

1. First, we pick a "race". Or to be precise, pick a "master" to teach us. Want to go all out with firearms, drive a tank and fly around in a, uh, flying tank? Join Man-At-Arms if you're one of the nice guys, or someone on Skeletor's side if you're evil. Want to fly? Let Stratos train you. We don't need too many "masters" as teachers, though. They basically function as "core classes" in other games. So if you train under Stratos, he'll give you equipment so you can fly, but you don't have to be a clone of him. I'd probably sign up with Evil-Lyn or Orko as a Sorceress. :)

2. Travel powers: Don't need them. Get a mount instead. A regular horse to begin with, but later flying horses, flying vehicles, you name it.

3. Dungeons and raids: Endless possibilities here. So Skeletor has kidnapped some random master and is about to throw him or her into the slime pit. And oh noes, he has plenty of backup! No worries, we have backup of our own. Not just other players, but one or two masters as well. Like charging into battle alongside some other players and Legolas. And, naturally, we could have a huge raid taking us all the way into Castle Greyskull itself to stop Skeletor.

4. But what's this? A third army joins the party? Time to team up with the other side, and let heroes and villains fight side by side to stop Hordak. :) Could be done with only heroes or only villains, but as they have a very powerful common enemy, they could justify teaming up... for now. :)
    • Like x 1
  10. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I HAVE THE POWER!!!! LOL. Mattel should really look into this idea, there is so much potential for an MOTU mmo. I think, should the planned movie be any good, then maybe a game wouldn't be too far away. I mean here are some concept art that have been floating around.
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  11. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

Because games based on movies always turn out so well. :D

Oh, look. My new desktop picture. Thanks! Always loved the Goddess. :)
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Haasts would skin a mountain weasel to have a hat like hers!
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Exactly. I know that they have the animal heads like the bird, rhino, etc, but I always imagined that they do animal helms like the wolf helm. Guess DB are afraid animal rights groups would complain, :p
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

We already have the cute Polar Bear Cub hat...
  15. sirzap Well-Known Player

found out a character that is tech but a sorceror

[IMG]
  16. Wallachia Devoted Player

Making a MOTU MMORPG based on DCUO would be so easy that there was a crossover between JL and MOTU I think in 2014. He-Man even killed - that's right, killed - an evil clone of Superman.
  17. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Depending on their license Daybreak might even be allowed to make a MOTU themed DLC. However: it would be a weak MMO if based on DCUO, considering that DCUO itself is not able to provide "worthy" game mechanics and is by structure a very generic themepark MMO roughly painted in DC colors.
    • Like x 1
  18. Wallachia Devoted Player

I meant more on the basics. MOTU would need a bigger dev team to be done correctly, otherwise it would look crappy. MOTU, while big, is not s big as DC to have a community that will last through a not-so-acceptable game. They need more quality.

(Well, so do I).
    • Like x 1
  19. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

A Masters of the Universe MMO could be very interesting if its do it right.
  20. sirzap Well-Known Player

someone made HE-MAN using unreal engine. his face kinda fugly though