Major Bug Affecting All Auras, Please Investigate A.S.A.P!

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Jack T. Chance, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I posted this in the Style Bugs Thread, but it's gotten no response from the Devs, so I'm posting it in its own thread now.

New glitch I just noticed this month. Your character's aura is now "missing" over their elbows. It's like this on all my characters with auras. US PC edition. Started happening when I downloaded the latest Game Update.

Here's an example with the Green Aura on a Male Large Brute body:

[IMG]

Now here it is on the other 2 (Large Male Striker and... umm... Spark, I think it's called?)

[IMG]

So, it doesn't seem to matter what body type the character has, or what color aura they're wearing (also saw it affecting a player with a Blue Aura.) Seems that ALL auras are glitching this way, at least on the US PC Server, anyway.

Here's one of the glitched Blue Plasmic Aura...

[IMG]

And you can see here that it's affecting this Purple Aura, as well...

[IMG]

While I haven't tracked down any screen shots of it affecting female characters, I would assume they're affected as well. Screen shots showing this glitch are ALL OVER the forum right now, so these are just a few examples.
    • Like x 10
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Slim White Aura screenshots showing the "no elbow coverage" glitch:

[IMG]

[IMG]

It's a little harder to see on the Slim Auras, but I know what I'm looking for, so I spotted it right away.

Please, everyone that views this thread, PLEASE take the extra second to vote this up so it can get fixed, thanks! :)
    • Like x 2
  3. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Its like that on the PS side as well.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Thanks for the confirmation, I wasn't sure if it was PC only. So, now we know it's affecting 100% of the player base, rather than just 30% (I still can't believe the PS Servers account for 70% of the players! :eek:)
  5. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

Lol those are my toons!!

But yes the elbows not showing is not aesthetically pleasing.
    • Like x 1
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Yes, I know. The first 2 screenshots are my most recent GL character (I decided early on that I didn't like the Brute body type for him, so I respeced his body) and the rest I borrowed from the Costume Contest thread. I hope you don't mind me borrowing your photos, I just wanted to provide as many examples as I could, showing several different auras. :)
  7. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

No, you are more than welcome. Those two are on the PS servers so that's actually visual proof.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

BUMP!!!

Would really appreciate a reply from a Green Name! Also, if anyone can provide photographic evidence of this bug existing on female characters, please post it in this thread! Thanks. :)
  9. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

Here are a couple pictures that really show it.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Spacedude2 New Player

So, just wondering, how can you call it a glitch if it was designed that way? I mean are there old photos that show the elbow with the aura around it?
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

It's very simple, I've had auras on some of my characters since before the glitch started happening. Here's a screenshot from several months ago. You can clearly see that the ENTIRE arm is covered completely by the aura, as it should be.

[IMG]

So, the auras were NOT designed to leave an "Achilles Elbow" exposed. This is a glitch that popped up after one of the 2 most recent Game Updates. And it's a GLOBAL glitch, affecting ALL characters that have auras... or, at least, all MALE characters. I'm still looking for evidence of it happening on female characters.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

So, SOE just announced new Booster Bundles with new auras. Check out the official photos from the announcement thread:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

You can see it clear as day on all these lovely new auras, too! All the characters pictured above have an "Achilles Elbow", as it were. :p
    • Like x 1
  13. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

14. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Except it doesn't make sense from a design standpoint. The auras gave full coverage from the time they were introduced, up until either Game Update 39 or GU 40, at which point this glitch started showing up. And when it's even showing up in official photos of the new auras, SOE HAS to be aware of it by now. I just wish a Dev would post in this thread to let us know they're working on correcting it. :confused:
    • Like x 1
  15. Requake Dedicated Player

Major bug? Please.
  16. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Yes, because it goes against the intended design of the aura. Auras in the comics never leave the elbows exposed.

If you look at the standard auras... really zoom in on your character and LOOK at it, close-up... what the game seems to do from a graphics engine standpoint, is it seems to have the aura "radiate outward" from your character's body. That's how it can conform to the shape of their outfit, as each part of their body is supposed to "radiate" that energy outward.

But after one of the last 2 game updates, the elbows stopped "radiating" the aura. That's the best way I can explain it. It's definitely an unintended glitch in the game's graphics, just like so many of the things we've all reported in the Style Bugs Thread.

You may not agree that it's a "Major" bug In Your Opinion, but that's no reason for anyone to be down-voting this thread! :mad:
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Forgot to mention... in the photos above, I can FINALLY see it affecting female characters, as well. So SOE just gave us the proof that this is a truly universal glitch!
  18. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

BUUUUMP!!! Please post here and keep this topic active until this glitch is fixed! Let's get our auras back to looking as they were intended to look!
  19. TigerLord Active Player

I also have noticed this on my main toon but i thought it was due to my brute body style or hand style but ive looked at all my alts auras and elbows are missing. Including all body types and genders. I too have lots pf pics in my ps dcuo folder and i looked ay older pics and there is a big difference. But its more the the elbows... in between legs is weak also. I hope they fix this, i enjoy my auras. Especially new orange.
    • Like x 1
  20. geostew Well-Known Player

Of all the problems in this game and you think the Devs need to drop everything and focus on this elbow problem "ASAP". ROLFLMAO right....