Major Bug Affecting All Auras, Please Investigate A.S.A.P!

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Jack T. Chance, Aug 30, 2014.

1. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Hey if people spend money on these auras and by buying the booster boxes there spending money on them then it's a major bug.
    • Like x 2
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Precisely! Whether they were purchased in Booster Bundles, or on the Marketplace, I'd say the VAST majority of Auras players are using in the game had to be purchased. Out of the numerous Promethium Lockboxes my characters have opened, only ONE has had a common aura in it, and that was just in the last day or 2. It was the standard Green Aura that I've previously purchased in the Marketplace, so every one of my characters that needs it already has it. It's been sold off on the Auction Broker.
    • Like x 1
  3. Requake Dedicated Player

It also affects regular auras apparantly. Next to that an aura is purely cosmetic, it doesn't help you in the game. I have all auras except the black one now, what does it matter? "Oh no my elbows aren't covered up".
    It bothers me that the thread says major bug, which it isn't. There's stuff way more broken in the game. Let them do useful stuff
    • Like x 2
  4. Buckley Loyal Player

slim auras was a glitch, that everyone liked, now you need to pay for it or hope you get one in the lucky packet(lockbox), Next will be the fixed auras in the MP.

make of this what you will!?
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Your opinion has been given all due consideration and is duly noted.

As for those of you that agree that this glitch should be fixed, please keep clicking on the Thumbs Up icons! ;)
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

More photographic proof... here's a quick screencap of the NPC Fire. You can clearly see that this glitch is affecting her aura, as well.

[IMG]

(And on a side note, the Standard Green Aura released for players to use should have been the same shade of green as hers, that would've been a better fit for GLs! ;))

Lastly, here's a shot of one of my characters next to one of the GL Corps Reserve Lanterns in the Watchtower.

[IMG]

Whatever's different about the comic-accurate "skintight aura" worn by the NPC GLs, it doesn't appear to be affected by this glitch. o_O
  7. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

It's not really a glitch or a bug, if it has been designed in this way.
    I think the devs merely made a design choice and, as esthetic in its very nature it's very personal, you might like it or not.
    If it was up to me, for instance, I'd love to see the the aura only around the hands and the head and nowhere else :p.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I'm sorry, but your theory (and this is the second or third post to propose this theory) is NOT a sound one. This is NOT a stylistic decision, it is an UNINTENDED BUG! You know how I know? BECAUSE YOUR THEORY IS NOT SUPPORTED BY THE ORIGINAL SOURCE MATERIAL.

The characters most strongly associated with the use of auras in DC Comics publications are THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS and associated characters. So, let's take a look at just a few pieces of artwork from the source material, and even in different media, shall we?

Exhibit A:

[IMG]

Exhibit B:

[IMG]

Exhibit C:

[IMG]

Exhibit D:

[IMG]

Exhibit E:

[IMG]

Exhibit F:

[IMG]

And what's the one thing you notice in all of those pictures? THE AURA PROVIDES COMPLETE COVERAGE! Need I continue? 'Cuz seriously, I can do this all day. ;) :p

Bottom line, all of this stuff had to be approved by DC Comics, and DC is going to want the auras to match the look of the auras in the comic books. That's why, until this bug showed up recently, they provided full coverage, like they're SUPPOSED TO. And I've shown you enough examples here to show that even the "fat" auras have been seen in the comics. ;)
  9. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

Hey Jack, I totally understand your point, but it's not necessarily true that the designer has to stick to the original material for something that is not iconic and strictly related with the green lanterns. Other shape of auras are reasonable, for instance.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  10. CrossBud New Player

This isn't major. Seriously.. I admit, this bothers me a bit, but there are much more important things that need to be fixed.

I would gladly support you if you didn't think this was so "major".
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Oh, for drokk's sake!

ALRIGHT, LISTEN UP, POOZERS, 'CUZ THIS IS THE LAST TIME WE'RE TALKIN' ABOUT THIS:

AS YOU SHOULD BE AWARE, THIS FORUM ONLY GRANTS 30 MINUTES TO EDIT OUR POSTS! SO, EVEN IF I WANTED TO EDIT THE WORD "MAJOR" OUT, I CAN'T!!!!!

For the love of frak, STOP being so hung up on the exact wording and focus instead on the issue at-hand: THIS IS A NEW BUG. IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!!! PERIOD. END OF STORY!

(Note to Self: Next time, just contact SOE Support to open a Trouble Ticket.)
    • Like x 1
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

The funniest thing about your post is that the last 2 don't even HAVE auras, and Brother Warth there? HIS ELBOWS ARE STILL COVERED! ;):D
  13. The Valeyard New Player

Who cares? If you have a Nimbus it's not even noticeable, and on Plasmic it's slightly noticeable, but the constant animation is enough to keep your mind off it. Unless you're a Lantern, I don't see why this would bother you at all, and even then it's really not that big of a deal.
  14. VintageWine Dedicated Player

I'm sorry, but to those saying how it's not a huge deal, it is for when hard earned money is going into the game, so it is a huge deal. If you worked hard for that money and something happens in the game, heck even real life you would want the issue addressed.
    • Like x 1
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

*BUMP!* With Game Update 42 now available, can anyone confirm whether or not this glitch is still happening? :confused:

I'd check it out myself, but at the moment, LaunchPad is refusing to connect. :mad:
  16. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

It's still happening it might not be a major bug but I'm getting tired of all these "little" problems we have to live with in this game . Survival Modes might be ok and some people might even want the legends pve junk but how about taking a few weeks and pull people off of the free stuff because let's be real those two things are free for everyone and fix a few things people pay for like the auras.
    • Like x 1
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Yep, Game Update 42 is now here... still no fix for this style bug. Probably haven't fixed the other style bugs that are affecting me, either. I already noticed clipping with a particular belt while one of my characters is using Skimming as his movement mode.

I'm starting to think it's time to take things up to the next level. I think I'm going to open a Trouble Ticket with the Support folks and point them to this thread, see if that gets any results.
    • Like x 1
  18. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Really, auras have always been poorly done in DCUO. The main problem is that they are calculated in relation to the basic body of a toon, not in relation to the equipped styles. That way an aura seems to be "slimmer" to the head of a toon with eg the spiked Mohawk haircut than to a bald toon, and wings are not covered by auras either. It's in general a poor job and I doubt the devs will fix it.
    • Like x 1
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Well, they can at least fix the Elbow Glitch they created with either Game Update 39 or GU 40! Prior to that, they worked as intended, and at least covered the entirety of the arms! :confused:
  20. Jamie New Player

After all of this time I have to say that it is confirmed to be a design choice, not a glitch. If you disagree with the look of the auras I would suggest starting a new thread asking for them to be changed instead of being fixed. If enough people support you then the dev's will change it unless there is a technical limitation.