Major Bug Affecting All Auras, Please Investigate A.S.A.P!

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Jack T. Chance, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Unfortunately, there is NOTHING to support your claim that this is a stylistic choice. When Auras were first made available, they covered the character's entire arm. They then changed to the current "elbowless" coverage after either Game Update 39 or GU 40. This has all the indicators of being an unintentional change. Had it been intentional, it would have been mentioned in the change log for the Update that caused it. Since there was no mention of it, we can conclude that it was an unintended side effect.
    • Like x 1
  2. GregDawe New Player

I would like to see this fixed as well.
    I have bought Aura's from the MP with the expectation that they were as they always had been from 1st release.
    Slim auras included, my expectation was that they would appear as they were when they were technically a "bug".
    Neither of auras purchased resemble the aura's original, or, "actual" display form.
    Therefore I have bought something that is not what I paid for/was advertised.
    I would not be posting this is it were, infact confirmed that they changed the shape of the auras going forward.
    But there is no post saying this is so.

On the topic of aura's, there is a certain amount of irony here.
    Aura shape changed universally, was not announced that this was going to happen. (did one thing, did not say it was going to be done)
    Announced that Mist Auras were coming, have not arrived, and no reply when the question has been raised. (Said one thing, has not done what they said they would)

#consistency
    • Like x 1
  3. Jamie New Player

The fact that the dev's haven't said a word about it is a good indication that it was a choice they made. Not every fix is in the patch notes so your argument about the patch notes not mentioning it is weak at best. Until the dev's actually respond we can only assume that either the change was intended or they feel that it isn't an issue worth addressing.
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

In this case, I think you're assuming too much, but I digress.

The lack of a response here in the appropriate forum is why I started ANOTHER THREAD ON THIS TOPIC over in the heavily-viewed Gotham City Forum, asking for a reply from the Devs.

We'll see what reply we get, if any. :confused:
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Well, we finally got a reply from a Dev (Mepps, specifically) but all it did was show that he doesn't fully understand the nature of what we're complaining about. Here's what he said:
    So, if this bothers you as it does myself and numerous others, please keep visiting both this thread and my Other Thread in Gotham City, like posts, and reply to the discussions to keep them going. The more players that voice their dissatisfaction with this clearly unintended change, the more likely the Devs are to fix it at some point. Thanks in advance. :)