Magic version of Last Laugh?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Circe, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Hero of Justice New Player

I would argue that all of those characters are still larger and more popular than many of the people you suggested. Donna Troy especially is well-known in the DC Universe and well-established. She and Cheetah were definitely deserving.
    • Like x 1
  2. DeathandHades New Player

la
    last laugh was one of if not my favorite dlc..pvp based dlc's should rotate everyother with pve dlc's
  3. DeathandHades New Player

spectre eclipso and etrigan are nigh omnipotent and not a good fit for legends.
  4. Circe New Player

Well, I still feel Sons of Trigon should've been Raven and Brother Blood, with Cheetah and Donna with the Amazon Fury DLC. But that's a different story.

Really though, the people on my list are not THAT obscure besides maybe Tala and Jinx. But even then, Tala was in the Justice League Unlimited animated TV show while Jinx was in the Teen Titans (yes a very different looking Jinx, but still).

As for Isis, everyone who knows Black Adam should know who Isis is. If you don't, you don't know that much about DC.

The people who play this game definitely know who the characters are that I listed. Anyone who has been in Gotham Wastelands knows who Jinx is. Anyone who is on the hero side and T4+ should know who Tala is. Even the villains should know Tala because she was in the Halloween seasonal, and she helps villains with R&D in the Magic wing. Anyone who has leveled and geared up should know who Isis is. Everyone who has leveled should know Etrigan.

I don't even have to explain Spectre, Eclipso, and Phantom Stranger because to be honest these characters are very iconic, and definitely deserve to be in Legends.
  5. Circe New Player

We face all 3 in leveling, so their powers are shown and they are definitely able to make Legends with the powers they've shown throughout the game.
  6. Hero of Justice New Player

Totally agree with you about the SOT/AF setup, although maybe (hopefully?) the devs have plans for Raven/Blood in Amazon Fury at some point. As for knowing who the characters are, I know who these people are, but that doesn't mean I think they would make good characters for Legends. If you play the game you know of a host of characters, most of whom probably shouldn't be in Legends.

I agree with you about Raven, Brother Blood, and the Spectre (Assuming they could get his balance down). Since I'm assuming that they will release two Legends characters per installment in the trilogy, I would put Captain Marvel, Black Adam, and Zatanna ahead of the others in the list. Maybe have Eclipso replace Spectre to balance out the number of heroes to villains introduced. Even though we know the others on your list, I would still argue that they wouldn't have the support to justify making them. Just because I know who Isis is doesn't mean that I think she would be a good Legend.
  7. DeathandHades New Player

my point is they are too powerful for legends. spectre literally could ko all the legends characters combined he is gods vengence..idk i just feal they are to powerful to showcase them properly. my legends wants would be: Deathstroke, killercroc, larfaleeze, mr freeze. characters more like this that are more relatable just my opinion.
  8. Circe New Player

Um, my Tala thread got 8 thumbs up, which is pretty good for a more obscure character. Go look. I'm pretty sure people would love to play as her with a loadout similar to mine.

I even made an Isis loadout months ago. Pretty sure people would play both these ladies (Isis and Tala) with the loudouts I gave them. They have really amazing abilities that can be used.

I'm looking back again, and to be honest my list is not as bad as people are making it out to be. All of these characters are pretty important in the Magic realm of DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  9. Hero of Justice New Player

Well, I will say that the Legends don't exactly all match up with one another. In the DC Universe you usually won't see the Joker or Harley Quinn beat Superman in battle. :) Legends is a little bit different.
  10. UltraElite Dedicated Player

with only 8 thumbs up, im not sure you u came to the conclusion that ppl would love to play as her
    • Like x 1
  11. Circe New Player

"Only"? How many threads do you see with more than 5 upvotes? Not many.
  12. DeathandHades New Player

t
    that is very true.

but the gap between som1 like spectre and joker is far more than joker to superman. spectre is a omnipotent celestial and i just sont think that legends could do him justice.
    • Like x 1
  13. Enickma Dedicated Player

Respectfully, there's a difference between "It would be cool if (X) was in Legends" and "(X) deserves to be in Legends."

It would be cool to see Tala in Legends, and I don't think anyone is directly disputing that, their point is that there's a list of other characters they would rather see get in first.
    • Like x 3
  14. Circe New Player

And in the PVP forum, at that.
  15. UltraElite Dedicated Player

in my experiences, when someone needs to justify something by saying "not as bad as people are making it out to be" it usually means its bad, but

i wouldnt really worry about others opinions of ur ideas, cause in the end, none of the forums content threads have ever been implemented, so i would say who cares what bad things other thinks of ur list

Their negative opinion of ur list will not effect ur 0% chance statistic of this getting implemented

ur all good!
  16. Hero of Justice New Player

There are a lot of important characters in DCUO that currently aren't in Legends, it's just a matter of who would be the best characters they could put in the game. I doubt 8 likes would be better than the Flash, Deathstroke, Zatanna, etc, but ultimately I think we are just going to have a difference of opinion on this topic.
    • Like x 1
  17. UltraElite Dedicated Player

18. Hero of Justice New Player

Also true. It would be a tall task, for sure.
  19. UltraElite Dedicated Player

20. Circe New Player

No, they're saying the popular characters should get first dibs when I actually think that's a really bad way to look at things.

Actually, I'd say the lesser known characters need it more. Tala is really cool and should be added to Legends, but these people are saying she shouldn't because there are other, more popular characters. People would actually start to like Tala if she were added to Legends. It would get her name out there, and show that lesser known characters can be fun too, not just the popular ones.