Magic version of Last Laugh?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Circe, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Circe New Player

Let's be honest, we all know Magic is severely lacking in Legends and PVP maps. What if there were a Magic version of Last Laugh that updated PVP, bringing in more Magic maps and Legends characters?

Maps could be:
    -Themyscira Battleground - Assault Themyscira (8-Man) - Here, the goal is to kill the Amazons (villains) or the Beastiamorphs (heroes). When the time runs out, whichever team defeated the most enemies gets a buff. After this, the teams must defeat 4 enemies - heroes must defeat Ares, Circe, Cheetah, and Giganta, villains must defeat Wonder Woman, Donna Troy, Wonder Girl, and Artemis. Whoever defeats the opposing forces first wins.
    -Pits of Hell - Deathmatch (5-Man) - Tala has gathered an army of villains to fight against invading heroes, led by Phantom Stranger. It's up to the team to defeat enemies as fast as possible while also avoiding the rage of either Tala or Phantom Stranger.
    -Ancient Burial Ground - King of the Hill (4-Man) - The undead has risen, and is attacking both teams. The objective is to hold on to various nodes across the field, defending against opposing forces.
    -Madame Xanadu's Magic Shop - Capture and Hold (2-Man)
    -Raven's Soul-Self - Destroy/Protect (1-Man) - Both sides must fight in order to corrupt (villains) or protect (heroes) Raven. Villains must destroy Raven's soul projections, while heroes must protect them.

Legends:
    -Tala
    -Phantom Stranger
    -Raven
    -Brother Blood
    -Black Adam
    -Shazam
    -Zatanna
    -Eclipso
    -Spectre
    -Etrigan
    -Isis
    -Jinx
    • Like x 6
  2. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Considering Last Laugh is generally regarded as one of the worst DLCs, I'm guessing we won't be seeing any PvP focused DLC's anytime soon.

Well that and we know what the next 9 DLC's are, so we have a roadmap of the next 2.5-3 years in front of us already don't we ???
    • Like x 7
  3. Owl Devoted Player

I doubt there will be another PVP DLC due to low sales of the Last Laugh DLC.
    • Like x 1
  4. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

I don’t think we’ll be getting anymore primarily PVP DLCs.

But I do agree that there should be more magical elements in PVP from maps to Legends, although I don’t we should go overboard.
    • Like x 1
  5. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

its pretty much given away now (Last Laugh)...they want more ppl on PVP, DLC would exclude some people.
    • Like x 1
  6. Circe New Player

DLC sales aside, don't you think these maps are pretty interesting?

And these Legends characters are a MUST.
  7. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Don't think anyone would argue the ideas, just the fact of them being in a separate DLC on their own would be the problem....
    • Like x 2
  8. Owl Devoted Player

I predict there will be 2 new Legends with each new DLC and 2 new Marketplace Legends between DLCs.
    • Like x 4
  9. Kroye Loyal Player

I think "a MUST" might be a little strong, but I see nothing wrong with more legends characters. It would probably be better to focus on a few if you want some progress. A list of 12 is less likely to see much action.

To be honest, I'd rather see Green Arrow or the Flash anyway - those characters have much broader appeal that those you've mentioned. Deathstroke is likely to be a huge hit too.

As to your OP , those all seem like great ideas, but you will get static from players not wanting more maps with NPCs. Most folks I've spoken to find objective based maps fun (or at least tolerable), but the maps with NPCs are almost universally disliked by everyone I've personally spoken to.
    • Like x 4
  10. Kroye Loyal Player

Plus, after we spent the $ on the DLc, the maps would go into rotation and be offered for free to everyone :p

SOE would offer some perk to players that owned the DLC, and those that didn't would QQ about "pay to win". It would just be a bad thing all around.

They just need to add the maps as an update rather than a DLC :)
    • Like x 2
  11. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I wouldn't mind a couple of new PVP maps added a year in updates, rather than a new DLC.
    • Like x 5
  12. Raanx New Player

I think you're on to something. Let's go further. Any magic DLCs going forward should all be like Last Laugh and bring little to no content to the table, that way I won't feel obligated to buy or play it. I much rather enjoy more tech/meta content.
    • Like x 1
  13. Circe New Player

HQ: Hall of Doom is one of the funnest maps. Arkham Asylum always had NPCs, and I never saw any complaints.

So I don't know where that's coming from. I've never seen any complaints about them, and maps with NPCs can be really fun. Actually, they are pretty fun. The only map I don't enjoy that much with NPCs is the Safehouse maps.

I always get groups for the NPC maps like HQ and Arkham Asylum, so people are obviously playing them. And I'm pretty sure a lot of players like them as well.
  14. Drathmor Unwavering Player

how have you seen sales numbers to be able to make that comment?
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

in the Last laugh maps there is no room to move around with all the adds that chase you. in Arkham there arent as many adds and they dont counter you often if at all and there is more room to move around and your not trying to carry a object. thats were everyone hates the adds in the safe houses.. and maps like HQ and watchtower are garbage if your on a PS3 half the time you cant even play them on that system.
  16. LL New Player

Why Circe is it always Magic vs the other two factions with you?

Why can't all factions get content?

All legends deserve to be in game, but it takes time. If they could they prob would want them all in game now, it's not like they are trying to skip some.

I would assume with the 3 magic based dlc's ur getting soon, at least one of them will have some magic legends.
    I also would love to have spectre In game as a legend so I can 1or2 shot everyone. :)
    • Like x 3
  17. Kroye Loyal Player

I won't link the many threads regarding npcs in pvp, but I assure you they exist.

I'll give you a pass on the Arkham comment, because (for whatever reason) no one has complained much about that one. (I'm guessing it;s because we have had it for so long in Legends and everyone was just accustomed to it.) The other maps, though, have had numerous complaints about the NPCs, even including the recent Shadowlands map.

It is possible our peer group in game is a bit different though, so while I say "everyone hates them", my "everyone" might be different than your "everyone".
  18. Raanx New Player

Didn't devs already admit that they won't do another PVP dlc? @ SOE Live
  19. Yoshi Piccolo Well-Known Player

20. Gant Well-Known Player

I wouldn't mind having a PvP manager to address the issues, map rotations, and general PvP requests to be considered and possibly implemented into the future DLCs.