Loophole with Sorcery Healing in PvP?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Dylan Top5, Nov 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iYaYa_ Well-Known Player

Im not defending the watcher i don't even use it im just saying its not op
    Also if they nerf the watcher healing it will affect pve too
    • Like x 1
  2. iYaYa_ Well-Known Player

yes the watcher dies from DOTS or one wm combo, i was testing it yesterday against dq. it doesnt heal for alot at all, its hard to keep it powered up. But thats just my opinion
    i know it wont matter bcuz a pc player says its op so i guess its op somehow
    • Like x 2
  3. iYaYa_ Well-Known Player

exactly, at least you know something about real pvp.
    • Like x 2
  4. iYaYa_ Well-Known Player

did you see the video? he was countering the other guy every time ofcourse he can heal him self to full with RW
    sometimes i wonder if you people that talk about pvp actually pvp not only q for styles
    • Like x 2
  5. iYaYa_ Well-Known Player

let me go nature or celestial and counter my enemy every time im 100% i will keep my group alive
    actually i was gonna go back nature anyways i wil record it for you guys
    • Like x 2
  6. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Before I say anything know I don't use Watcher anymore, it's turned into a liability in matches and it's a liability I'm not willing to take.

As it stands right now the 116cr PVP version of watcher heals for just as much as the 108cr PVE watcher, which is a heal decrease when compared to PVE. Watcher dies EXTREMELY easily in all arenas, my group has made it a priority to kill all watchers on sight to strand the Sorc healer for power.

Watcher is extremely hard to keep powered in 4s and up and nearly impossible to keep alive. In duels, 1s, and 2s a smart opponent will kill the Watcher right away to strain the Sorc power bar.

I've tasted out Watcher for about 2 weeks now, even before I saw this thread and realized that he was an issue, and honestly I came to the conculsion that he isn't work using. The only time I can keep him powered to help heal is if there is another sorc (healer or dps) in group to help feed it power, and like I said he dies way to easy!

When powered and when he can be kept alive he's good, you get roughly two 2.5k heals per R.Word before it's bar is done. In conjuction with other heals and proper immunity farming yes this can fill a bar or keep it full. But trust me when I say that when I random queue watch is not enough to keep a group alive.

-Derp
    • Like x 2
  7. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

This 1000 times. And he was using the unlockable wm combo of course the other guy didn't stand a chance
    • Like x 1
  8. xXS0EXx Committed Player

So ur saying that RW is not a healing over time by saying that it is? What the heck is wrong with ur logic?!

If theres ticks of healing on u thats healing over time bro it doesnt matter how short the duration is. U need to clear ur mind a lil bit on how a healer or heals works.
  9. Chipjacson New Player

If I can't heal my group to full without my power bar being completely drained while a Sorcery can should I just switch to Sorcery?
  10. Dylan Top5 New Player

Not necessary, Rage heals and shields weren't effected in PvE. In fact, healing was also modified in PvP. In PvE, you get a 65% increase to heals while in healer role, in pvp you only get a 25% increase. All we are saying, is that the watcher needs this same reduction in healing that other healer powers received. This is a loophole and needs to be adjusted
    • Like x 2
  11. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

The watcher does get that reduction. In pve at 108 cr hee heals for the same value as he does in pvp at 114 cr. So either he gets the reduction or he its broken and should be healing for more.
  12. Dylan Top5 New Player

First off, this is false. Second, even if the watcher does heal the same as he does in PVE, this is still unintended since healing is intended to be much lower in PvP.
    • Like x 2
  13. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Healing Over Time in DCUO translates to Heals over long periods of time, Soul Well and Circe are HoT's RW is not, RW is a very small burst heal.
    You would think a healer would know this.
    That would be like stating Gadget's Photon beam is a DoT because it hits "damage over time no matter how short the duration is". But its not its a Burst attack.
    Learn the difference's between OT's and Burst.
    • Like x 2
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Based on the reports here, we did some digging and did find that some of the PvP consistency changes didn't quite make it to the watcher as intended. We will be correcting this in a future hotfix.
    • Like x 10
  15. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Thank you!. Was getting rather annoyed with Sorcery users defending something that is not intended.
    Are you simply going to lower its CR in PvP or have its healing reduced?
    I vote the latter.
    • Like x 5
  16. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Called it. Thanks for looking into this :)

EDIT: And this is why evidence is so important.
    • Like x 5
  17. Valsmurf Loyal Player

Why is it better? Wouldn't reducing the cr reduce the healing output as well? Plus with the added benefit of having lower health and being more killable. If you reduce it's healing overall that will affect PVE and that is uncalled for :(
    • Like x 1
  18. Sabigya Steadfast Player

They can do the same with Healing in PvP grant it a direct % tweaking.
    The reason I do not want the CR reduced is because it will not only grant it lower healing but also lower health.
    • Like x 2
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I think he means to give it the same reduction healing in general got in PvP.

EDIT: Dinkleberg!
    • Like x 2
  20. Dylan Top5 New Player

The healing will probably get the same reduction that healing powers got. So from a 65% increase to a 25% increase in PVP
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.