Looking to Respec, best power type?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Romeo Bravo, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Romeo Bravo Active Player

I am currently mental with a shield as my weapon but I want to change both of those.

What is the best power type in your opinions? Mental has gotten really old for me.
  2. Death Throe New Player

Pastamancer!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 7
  3. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Whichever one appeals to you.
  4. General Powers New Player

You'll have to pick the power YOU like and learn that power. Only then will you be able to call yourself a good player.
  5. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Well I am a fan of gadgets, been gadgets with martial arts since day 1. I like dual wield as well, used that for a little bit on my earth tank. Earth tanking is lots of fun, I run with a pets loadout and aftershock loadout when I feel like switching it up.
  6. Romeo Bravo Active Player

Gadgets seem cool but I think I am getting bored of the controller role and enjoy DPS more.
  7. General Powers New Player

Again, pick the power YOU WANT and learn that power. Any power is versatile in the hands of an experience player; "Play Your Way".
    • Like x 1
  8. Sylar-Man New Player

Why oh why does this question get asked SO much?
  9. Romeo Bravo Active Player

I understand that I pick it, but how am I supposed to pick a power type when I don't know much about the powers? It is like asking a color blind person what their favorite color is. I am asking about information so deal with it. If it upsets you there are other places that I am sure your useless input would be appreciated.
  10. Manny254 New Player

That should need no explaining.
  11. Romeo Bravo Active Player

I tried learning the Mental power type and I didn't like it, and as it costs money to Respec (money that I don't have much to spend) I would like to make an informed decision.
  12. General Powers New Player

Because people like him just like to play with the crowd and aren't willing to invest a little of time to see what they prefer. They rather buy the "best" things to feel like "good" players.
  13. Romeo Bravo Active Player

Again, I would like some information on the power types and what people like about them and what people don't like about them to see what appeals to me. I don't see how that is so hard for you to understand.
  14. Sylar-Man New Player

Go make an alt for each power you are interested in and level them up for free. You may not have money but you definitely have time.
    • Like x 1
  15. General Powers New Player

Mental is a very good power set. You're just not using right. Know the power interactions and their respective power effects.
    Make the right Mods for your gear; a balance of Might and Precision with a tad bit more of Might for better results. Also, trying using Rifle, One Handed, Bow, or Staff.
    • Like x 1
  16. Romeo Bravo Active Player

Thank you for some useful tips. I can understand if someone has an issue with certain stereotypes and such when it comes to gaming but just bashing someone gets nowhere. Giving advice and tips is how to resolve such things and keep them from perpetuating.
  17. Romeo Bravo Active Player

The staff is my favorite weapon and I plan on returning to it, but with the Mental power set it seemed I should go with a ranged weapon which I did not enjoy at all.
  18. General Powers New Player

2 words for ya... SKILL POINTS.
  19. Romeo Bravo Active Player

Skill points aren't the issue, I just don't like being far away from the combat for various reasons.
  20. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Here's a rundown:

Like things frozen? Ice.
    Wanna take them out of the freezer and heat them up? Fire.
    Don't like what you cooked and want to smash it? Earth.
    Earth too dirty for you? Go Gadgets.
    Not shocking enough? Go Electric!
    Ever thought wearing a green mini light bulb on your finger was a good idea? Light is the power for you!
    None of those doing it for you? Like Zatanna and want a chance with her? Go Sorcery!
    If none of that makes you happy, go talk to Mental. Tell it that you're sorry and that you want a second chance. Tell it that you'll do better this time and that you think the color purple is not only a great story, but also fitting for the power set.
    • Like x 5