Long time players punished bc new players can’t use LFG

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sgt. Rock, Sep 2, 2021.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

Because in this picture, i got my "feat" that only 0.7% of players have. The mode is set, i cant change the difficulty like going back later and rolling it over. Its effectively perma clamped, What got me that achievement was time and perseverance. Had it not been clamped, well whats so special about that "achievement" then?
  2. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Your “open to allowing” Really, you are that entitled to actually state that???

Wow, your statement says a lot about you & it ain’t good.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Why do you think it’s up to you to dictate how or why anyone else plays this game??
  4. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Also has nothing to do with real life, like time & real world $$ spent. Should I ask you ,SW, if you will allow me to level up my arts too?

Let me know LOL
    • Like x 1
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

If this game was stat clamped from the start, this wouldnt be a concern. Youd accept their are things you can and cant do.
  6. Sgt. Rock Active Player

7. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Speak for yourself, many vets have alot of feats already.
    • Like x 1
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

Well im referring to the achievement system should feel like a actual achievement system. Not delayed free SP
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah, and leave, most likely. I love this game in part because I felt like it accepted me and my limitations. For someone like me, that meant a lot.
    • Like x 5
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

One point I'd like to make too that no one seems to care about for these poor new players that we're supposedly helping... we all got to go back and get feats easy. Like some stupidly easy. They can't. Womp wompppp. Good thing there isn't a clamp making sp far more important than it was a few weeks ago.
    • Like x 2
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

Do i get full rewards an marks at max cr un-clamped?
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah, you think I’d still have 525 sp if everything had been clamped?
    • Like x 1
  13. Sgt. Rock Active Player

So what you are saying is YOUR style of play works for you & should work for everyone, sorry that’s not how this game or life works.

Allowing other players is not your prerogative, everyone has their own play style, yours is no more valid than mine or anyone else’s.
    • Like x 2
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I do because I believe in you.

Ok, maybe you'd have like 350? Lol teasingggg
    • Like x 3
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I just realized what we're all going to get for asking for our source marks back! Sp removal! Yay, pretty much the same thing right??

Wasn't even that long ago , I made a post telling people to be careful what they ask for and that we should just enjoy the game for how it is. Well well welllllll. Being right is actually terrible
    • Like x 4
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The really ironic thing? The stat climbs in T5-6 were so insane that I kept my SP level with my CR just soloing things. And I’ve already said I’m happy to give up soloing things. I just feel like I’m being really generous in my negotiating here, and they’re just not willing to budge even a little. :(
    • Like x 4
  17. Sgt. Rock Active Player

I believe you’re right,....Most likely more changes Coming Soon....ya know for all the new players, a lot of which won’t stick around or spend $$ on a sub.
    • Like x 3
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

You've got a few of us on your side. I'll keep fighting for it knowing they could clamp me under the adds cr and still complete it. Because I have back when it was new.

In healer role lol
    • Like x 3
  19. Shalayah Committed Player

There are what. 5000 feats in the game? And there are at most 100 hard/impossible feats to get You can get at least 50-100 SP off of just freebie open world feats. You can also get another 50-100 off of styles which you can actually farm now. Lets also forget not to mention the pre level 30 missions, duos feats, solo feats, etc lol. just because a new player can’t obtain the no death feat from FFE or the Omega feat from DWFE does not mean it’s the end of the world for those players lol.

Personally I look at feats just like Solowing as personal achievements. Especially the really hard to get ones. They are hard to get for a reason and it should stay that way. If you as the player can’t get it then focus on easier feats and get back to that one if those stars mean that much to you as the player. I won’t say you aren’t good enough because I know damn well I probably wouldn’t be good enough either but that’s what’s thrilling about hard to get feats. They’re something that should motivate players to be better. Not just outgear the content 2 years later and get it with minimal effort. There are hard to get achievements in just about every single video game but DCUO is the only one that hands them out as time progresses. It devalues the achievement.
    • Like x 2
  20. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Interesting, just curious if you see getting Feats in dcuo the same as getting a PSN trophy?

For me they are apples & oranges, I care about getting feats to run with league mates & friends & most importantly to progress my toon.

PSN trophies to me are eye candy & basically worthless. That’s just me, Ok to disagree, you do you & let me do me.
    • Like x 3